2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

790 going to have the Astros covered from every direction all season long 

https://sportstalk790.iheart.com/content/2023-03-09-790-announces-weekly-astros-guests-for-2023-season/

On Mondays, Astros radio color analyst Steve Sparks will join The Sean Salisbury Show at 8:30a, unless the team is on the West Coast. 

On Tuesdays, the manager himself, Dusty Baker, will join The Matt Thomas Show at 12:30p starting April 4th, though his visits may fluctuate due to gameday availabilities. In addition, some weeks an Astros assistant coach may join Matt instead. Then, a different Astros player will join The Matt Thomas Show weekly at 2:30p Tuesdays starting April 4th.

On Wednesdays, Astros General Manager Dana Brown will talk all about the team on The Sean Salisbury Show at 9:30a starting April 5th. Then in the 5p hour, Houston Chronicle beat writer Chandler Rome will join The A-Team once again throughout the season.

On Thursdays, AT&T SportsNet analyst and former Astro Brian Bogusevic joins Next Up with Stan Norfleet and Chris Gordy at 10:30am to discuss the action. Longtime Astros beat writer MLB.com's Brian McTaggart will talk Astros with The Matt Thomas Show weekly at 1p Thursdays.

Lastly, on Fridays at 3p, AT&T SportsNet color analyst & former Astro Geoff Blum will join The A-Team for another season talking Astros with Adam Wexler and Adam Clanton. Blum's visits may fluctuate days based on the travel schedule. 

In addition, our SportsTalk790 Astros Insider Michael Connor will continue to talk Astros five days a week across our shows, joining The Sean Salisbury Show on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays, and The A-Team on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 2

^^^
The Jomboy crew have begrudgingly praised the Astros for years. If you can put aside your hatred from their trash can and buzzer analysis, their Talkin Baseball podcast is really good. They are pretty impartial on it, saving their Yankee love for the Talkin Yanks podcast. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

^^^
The Jomboy crew have begrudgingly praised the Astros for years. If you can put aside your hatred from their trash can and buzzer analysis, their Talkin Baseball podcast is really good. They are pretty impartial on it, saving their Yankee love for the Talkin Yanks podcast. 

it's their frustration leaking out during their astros takes that amplifies the enjoyment of it for me.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Julks and Diaz are both candidates for the "Where the fuck do the Astros keep getting these players" award.

We got Diaz for Straw b/c we were willing to take Maton off their hands.  They said- for getting rid of this fuck we will go ahead and give you an even better prospect- since he's a net negative. That's the way @LCHorntold me the story anyway.  

• Haha 2

So happy for Julks, hometown kid playing for the Astros. I can only imagine him going to games as a kid watching late career Biggio and Bagwell and saying I will be out there one day. This is why we all love this sport so much. The dreams of youth and the relationships built between a father and son.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

Glad to be back for another season! Haven’t been on the board much this off season. My mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer right after the World Series and passed away a couple weeks ago. My aunt, her sister, fell and hit her head a couple days after she passed and has been in the hospital in Houston with bleeding in her skull. My uncle died few years ago and they could not have children so I’m taking care of her too so to say that the Astros will be an almost daily welcome distraction is an understatement. I’m ready for the games, the cheers, the bitching and everything else you surly SOBs bring to this board. Let’s go! #ReadytoReign 
Sending positive thoughts and prayers to your family and you.
Ok first ticket giveaway of the year for Monday:
Predict Frambers line: IP, Hits, Walks, Strikeouts, ER
6/4/2/7/2- 88 pitches. 
6/5/3/7/3 on 91 pitches
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Glad to be back for another season! Haven’t been on the board much this off season. My mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer right after the World Series and passed away a couple weeks ago. My aunt, her sister, fell and hit her head a couple days after she passed and has been in the hospital in Houston with bleeding in her skull. My uncle died few years ago and they could not have children so I’m taking care of her too so to say that the Astros will be an almost daily welcome distraction is an understatement. I’m ready for the games, the cheers, the bitching and everything else you surly SOBs bring to this board. Let’s go! #ReadytoReign 

hang in there, be strong for those around you 

little words of encouragement for all those fighting cancer  ….

• Hook 'Em 2