2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

26 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Wow. Didn't see JJ getting DFA'd:

Maybe a positive sign for Altuve's recovery?

I was pretty certain that Altuve would be put on the 60 IL day to open up a 40 man spot. Brown is a little different than what we’re used to. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Ok first ticket giveaway of the year for Monday:

Predict Frambers line: IP, Hits, Walks, Strikeouts, ER

6/4/2/7/2- 88 pitches. 

Asking ahead of time, I’ll be in H-town in November…

13 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Matijevic had potential as a lefty power bat.  But being limited defensively and striking out a lot makes it hard to hold on to a roster spot in your late 20s.

If I were the A's I'd sign him and give him 500 AB's to see one way or another.  I mean- maybe they have more interesting reclamation projects but he seems like he could be a Matt Stairs type of guy if everything broke right for him for 3-5 years.  Be the LHB portion of a platoon in a corner OF or 1B/DH situation.  

I mean- Matt Stairs had a 19 year career so he won't be that guy- but maybe he could replicate the middle part of his career.  What else do the A's have to do but try shit like that out...

Or maybe he's just out of organized baseball. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Matijevic had potential as a lefty power bat.  But being limited defensively and striking out a lot makes it hard to hold on to a roster spot in your late 20s.

this is a tough roster to make 

21 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Well @Ldogg53 is out for work stuff. @Scraps @Jshep34 @tx 3 putt @Slacks et al.. we doing the usual?

I’m out, with my dad and sister today 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

wait what???? 15-day IL? am I mistaken or is that a new thing again? I thought there was just the 10-day IL and 60-day IL....

I think the 15-day IL is for pitchers only. I'm pretty sure they created it to prevent teams from gaming the system by placing pitchers on the 10-day and being able to have them miss only one start. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Well [mention=134]Ldogg53[/mention] is out for work stuff. [mention=228]Scraps[/mention] [mention=537]Jshep34[/mention] [mention=1288]tx 3 putt[/mention] [mention=136]Slacks[/mention] et al.. we doing the usual?
We will be heading out to mmp around 400.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Well [mention=134]Ldogg53[/mention] is out for work stuff. [mention=228]Scraps[/mention] [mention=537]Jshep34[/mention] [mention=1288]tx 3 putt[/mention] [mention=136]Slacks[/mention] et al.. we doing the usual?
I am already in EaDo....have no real plan