2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

5 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

I think it’s more about the defense than offense with Meyers. At least that’s what my insider has said drives that particular roster decision. 

so completely understandable.  Framber is on the bump.  Aint gonna be many fly balls. Chas can go pick up a ground ball as easy as Meyers can and they both have a noodle arm.  That's not me arguing one way or another- I'm just sayin...

DeGrom gave up 5 runs on 6 hits today. He was supposed to help make the Rangers a playoff contender…..at least that’s what the DFW news stations were trying to sell. Lmao

Its tough being a Houston expat here in DFW but best believe I wore my Astros 2022 World Series champion polo in the office today 

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

DeGrom gave up 5 runs on 6 hits today. He was supposed to help make the Rangers a playoff contender…..at least that’s what the DFW news stations were trying to sell. Lmao

you buried the lead- he didn't even get out of the 4th inning!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

I think it’s more about the defense than offense with Meyers. At least that’s what my insider has said drives that particular roster decision. 

I know they have a lot more tools to analyze this than we do, but the publicly available metrics all say McCormick is more than adequate defensively.

Edited by formermav43
  • Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Does mlbtv show the games if you’re in the region? Or is it blacked out? First year without sportsnet sw

No. MLB abides by black out local rules... which sucks ass.

26 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

So if I install NordVPN and buy mlb.tv, I can watch every Astros game on my Fire TV?

Idk about nordvpn.

i use unlocator 

Others have had issues and mlb cracking down the last few years, but so far unlocator has worked for me. But new year so we’ll see if it continues