2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

See lineup posted below your post. I didn’t quote the lineup but that’s what prompted the post. 

Maybe I'm being short sighted but what changes would you make?

Just now, huge said:

Oh I guess you want Maldy out.

What else?

7 minutes ago, huge said:

Oh I guess you want Maldy out.

What else?

Maldy out for sure. 
Lineup order kind of sucks too. 
tour best hitter hits 2 and your second and third best should hit 1 and 4. Pretty much the entire order is scrambled and wrong. 

Correct lineup with what we have on hand is probably:

Bregman/Tucker/Abreu/Julks/Meyers/Dubon/Peña/Diaz/Hensley 

that’s pretty shitty too. But, it’s also the best we could put on the field and in the right order, probably. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

surly thread - dusty sucks, why won’t he play Brannon ? Fire dusty !!!

surly thread - dusty sucks, what’s he thinking playing Brannon ? Fire dusty !!!

That’s twice you have said this. Literally nobody on here has ever said he should play, hit or be on the roster man. 
nobody is firing off bizarre or nonsensical shit against Dusty. 

9 minutes ago, wood said:

I just don't understand how some umps miss that badly on the inside edge of the plate, right where they set up. They have an absolutely perfect view of it, FFS.

Which is a reminder that sometimes we need to not be overly influenced by the box on the TV. It's not perfect either.

5 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Which is a reminder that sometimes we need to not be overly influenced by the box on the TV. It's not perfect either.

Sure, it's by no means perfect, but it's a pretty good guide. The pitch I'm talking about was the inside pitch to Maldy, strike 2 iirc, which missed by 2 ball-widths or so. Even the Rays announcers commented on it.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Quite ironic 

It’s not the repetitiveness it’s the wrongness. Nobody has ever said what he’s saying. Ever. 

12 minutes ago, slorch said:

The announcers just suggested Jose Siri might be the best CF in baseball??????????

What did I miss?

They just mean defense. It’s quite possibly correct. 

I hope Jake keeps hitting the ball hard. I’m not going to be a hypocrite and act like I haven’t wanted to shoot him into space on an exploding rocket but if he, Julks, Chas and even our minor league OFs are hitting, it only creates good lineup problems and help us at the trade deadline. It is fun watching new guys contribute and keep winning because it just makes the fans of other teams heads explode .

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I hope Jake keeps hitting the ball hard. I’m not going to be a hypocrite and act like I haven’t wanted to shoot him into space on an exploding rocket but if he, Julks, Chas and even our minor league OFs are hitting, it only creates good lineup problems and help us at the trade deadline. It is fun watching new guys contribute and keep winning because it just makes the fans of other teams heads explode .

if Meyers' leg lick magic sticks and he keeps hitting at a ML level, Dana Brown has a tough roster decision to make when Brantley comes back. 

• Hook 'Em 1