2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

What was that, 2:09? That's how long a 1-0 game with 7 hits should take. F the pitch clock haters. 

You fucking genius. 
I just logged on to say my team winning a 1-0 game in 2:10 gives me a hard on and you beat me to it. These rule changes are so fucking awesome. I knew I was going to really like them but I loooooooove them. Best thing baseball has done in forever. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, WBT said:

Brown in the postgame interview credited Diaz for calling a great game.  Is that allowed?

Remember last year when Vazquez caught the no no in the World Series and our fanbase was asking questions like “do you think maldy called the game from the bench?”  I remember. 
A hit and a walk and solid contact in 3 plate appearances for Diaz. He just keeps doing good work whenever he gets the chance and it doesn’t expand the universe of chances he gets. So frustrating. 
have some interesting stats we are going to talk on the podcast tonight. 1 hour or less. 

1 minute ago, runthebone said:

I can't believe any of you gives a fuck about what the Rangers are doing in April.

Anyway, they should try to hold on for another week and then get whoever did Oakland's 2020 t-shirts to do April AL West champion ones.

I wouldn’t care except the Rangers social media folks have been a bit chippy.   

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Remember last year when Vazquez caught the no no in the World Series and our fanbase was asking questions like “do you think maldy called the game from the bench?”  I remember. 
A hit and a walk and solid contact in 3 plate appearances for Diaz. He just keeps doing good work whenever he gets the chance and it doesn’t expand the universe of chances he gets. So frustrating. 
have some interesting stats we are going to talk on the podcast tonight. 1 hour or less. 

Wait people actually said that about Maldonado?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, rvm96 said:

Wait people actually said that about Maldonado?

Yes. People on clutch fans. People on john and Lance. People on 790. Those that didn’t want to get that absurd said- boy look at Maldy taking Vasquez under his wing as if that guy didn’t catch a 108 win team that won a World Series. 
it’s really dismissive of the talent on our pitching staff and doesn’t acknowledge how baseball works. The catcher makes a suggestion, the pitcher makes the decision. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, runthebone said:

I can't believe any of you gives a fuck about what the Rangers are doing in April.

I've started divisional scoreboard and standings watching in April and May because there's no need by September.

Biggest concern of mine with Hunter Brown/ his awesomeness makes it almost impossible to keep him below 150 MLB innings in the season and keep him fresh before the playoffs. 
I think a 6 man rotation is in order for sure when LMJ comes back and I’d also like to see him skipped 3 or 4 times when we have an off day in August and September to keep the other guys on schedule. 
25 or 26 starts and 150 IP seems perfect for him. 
I had very high expectations/hopes for him and he’s nailing all of it. 
pretty fucking awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I already know this, but at some point everyone has to tip their cap to dusty and his staff. They’ve done a hell of a job with brown, Julks, Jake the rake, dubon, Diaz.

keep sending Hensley out until Altuve gets back: 

He's got the fastest car on the track.

Some kid in the 4th grade could pull the strings on this pitching staff, and Dusty seems dead-set upon proving the lineup card doesn't make a shit either.

33 minutes ago, slorch said:

He's got the fastest car on the track.

Some kid in the 4th grade could pull the strings on this pitching staff, and Dusty seems dead-set upon proving the lineup card doesn't make a shit either.

It seems like you just skipped over their post. Jake with his leg kick is a coaching thing. Luis Garcia has obviously improved from his first 3 starts. I think the coaches have at least something to do with it. Julks might be more of a minor league coaching credit. Last but not least, Maton has been lights out.

Yeah, you're right.  But hey, 40% of the Rays losses this season are to the Houston Astros.  That makes it better this Thursday morning.

Fuck off days, but hey, what a night to start the NFL Draft...

Edited by slorch