2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

The MLB app is having some kind of issue today.  1 of my friends has been getting final score alerts on her phone for every Astros game that was played on this date.

I know it’s only May, but Darling getting the best of Nolan kinda hurts

I would not be shocked to see these two teams have some sort of epic LCS in a few months.

• Rage+1 1

16 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Did I see that stat right during the game that the Astros have finished with a winning record on 15 of their last 16 road trips? That's insane. 

Looks like it might be “non-losing” rather than “winning” record.

But still… our last two “losing” trips were in August 2022 (3-4 at CHW and ATL) and way back in September 2021 (3-4 at LAA and OAK).  Had a few others where we went .500 last year 

Now if only we could manage a “winning” homestand…

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Haven't had time to think about it? All he's paid to do is manage the Astros. We Surlyites are super busy and yet still have had a lot of time to think about it. 

27 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

image.gif.a0d38553713674d6c4fb646b8a96ad76.gif

After this, I looked up that I have 8,000 posts, which means I have dedicated about one entire hour of my life to thinking about what I'm going to post here. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I said 5-1 in the week to come and Andrew had 3-3. We need to shove a broom up the cubs ass and then I get to do the same to him. 

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

2 people getting together from surly?  You bet your ass it is. 

image.gif.7a2d26721975a43510db5a73a1fc3ba0.gif

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

Nothing but love for mancini …

Boy he was terrible last year after about the first week of being over here.  Who knows if we win a world series without him making that play while falling all over himself- probably the best defensive play he's made as a 1b in his lifetime even if he looked like a donkey while doing it.  

Little things sometimes necessary to win it all.  Glad he had a part in it and will feel like a contributor when he looks at his ring b/c he seems like an awesome dude. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

He was Abreu before Abreu was cool 

He has a -0.5 WAR.  Everyone the Astros considered for even a millisecond for the 2023 team is absofuckinglutely terrible right now. It's truly bizarre.  Unless you think they considered JV. He's awesome as per usual.  But I sort of don't think they ever had the slightest intention of offering him a contract he'd actually accept. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He has a -0.5 WAR.  Everyone the Astros considered for even a millisecond for the 2023 team is absofuckinglutely terrible right now. It's truly bizarre.  Unless you think they considered JV. He's awesome as per usual.  But I sort of don't think they ever had the slightest intention of offering him a contract he'd actually accept. 

i thought Abreu was a good signing and replacement / upgrade for yuli. but it was a shitty fa class from the start. Everyone over paid 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Already demoted to AA after his 1-13 start at Sugar Land. 

"He's not getting a bunch of hits, but he feels good, so he's going to go to Corpus tomorrow and spend a couple days down there," Baker told the media prior to Monday's game against the Chicago Cubs. "He knows his timing is off a little bit, and he wants to be wide open when he gets here and have everything back to normal. This is Spring Training big time for him, so you can't rush him."

Cry About It Captain Kirk GIF

Baker said it was "too soon" to determine when Altuve will return to the Astros, though he did not completely shoot down the possibility of him joining the MLB club during its current homestand.

"I'm not sure, it just depends what kind of timing he feels," Baker added. "Like I said, we don't want to rush him. We want him ready when he gets back. He'll be inserted probably into leadoff role, and those at-bats, they add up pretty quickly."