2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, huge said:

Fangraphs has him appropriately rated at 10th on the team in WAR.

No clue how BR has him ahead of YA.

I think FGs factors in baserunning into their WAR calcs, Dubon is currently the worst on the team at -2.4, but only Meyers has a better defensive rating than Dubon.

1 minute ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Guess Dusty read what y’all wrote about Dubey 

image.thumb.png.7786242a835951e92a9ca769796b1bb6.png

I'm going to the game. The fact that it isn't a maldy start, that I don't have to see Dubon bat 1st, nor Julks is great. The only thing better is if Hensley wasn't in, Dubon was hitting 9th and Abreu was hitting 8th. That would probably be our best lineup right now, but whatever.  Excited to see France's first start. Based upon what he did last year, what he's done so far this year- his data on savant and his first couple starts I think he might be... good?  Which is how I'd describe Garcia. If we got another Garcia caliber guy out of Garcia's injury this year that's pretty damn impactful.  

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I'm going to the game. The fact that it isn't a maldy start, that I don't have to see Dubon bat 1st, nor Julks is great. The only thing better is if Hensley wasn't in, Dubon was hitting 9th and Abreu was hitting 8th. That would probably be our best lineup right now, but whatever.  Excited to see France's first start. Based upon what he did last year, what he's done so far this year- his data on savant and his first couple starts I think he might be... good?  Which is how I'd describe Garcia. If we got another Garcia caliber guy out of Garcia's injury this year that's pretty damn impactful.  

I'll be there tonight as well.  I picked one Wednesday game to come to town for so I could get a replica ring.  Glad it's Framber's. 

Had fun my first time in the Crawford boxes last night.  Suzuki's HR was straight at me, but hit three rows in front.   

• Hook 'Em 1

I've been watching baseball regularly for 53 years.  I can confidently say the worst at htting, among non pitchers is Hensley . Many pitchers have been better hitters than Hensley,  such as Rick Rhoden. Hell, Roger Clemons was a better hitter, and probably Joaqin Andujar.  Why is this guy in the major leagues?

• Rage+1 1