2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Altuve 850 OPS says he’s fine. I was a little worried, like I said 2% because of him being so bad in the playoffs last year and spring training. I went to the game Saturday and saw him turn on one and hit it 400 feet (down the line- just foul) and get a hustle double into the gap and the fears completely went away. Father time will get Altuve at some point in time but it is not this year. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

A’s fans took the chorizo grande from ownership. World class screwing that’s been going on for years 

also, 30,000 seats for the Vegas stadium is just greedy. Everyone knows that Vegas will be the #1 road-trip for all mlb fans. They just want to jack up the prices. 

Edited by tx 3 putt

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

There will be more opposing team fans at that stadium at most games after a few years of them sucking.

I’ve never been to Vegas, but an Astros road-trip will get me there. Inflated ticket prices will drive me somewhere else though 

It needs to be 40k, with extra suites 

Edited by tx 3 putt

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

This team is just so limited offensively with Abreu. Even moving him down to 6th, where we all thought he would be when the team was fully healthy. 1st 3 ABs, nothing, 7 LOB. Fuck.

The baseball gods love giving him men on base 

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

This team is just so limited offensively with Abreu. Even moving him down to 6th, where we all thought he would be when the team was fully healthy. 1st 3 ABs, nothing, 7 LOB. Fuck.

I wonder how long they can plausibly stick with him at this current level of production. The All Star break is still 6-7 weeks away, but it sounds right.