2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No. It’s ok.  The rangers are not some 100 win juggernaut. Gravity will get them eventually. 

Their stats, record, and run differential strongly suggest they will be a playoff team in 2023 and are a definite threat to wrestle the divisional title from the Astros.

• Hook 'Em 3

47 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Their stats, record, and run differential strongly suggest they will be a playoff team in 2023 and are a definite threat to wrestle the divisional title from the Astros.

I think they win 92 and make a wild card. I think we win 102 and win the league easily. We shall see. I’m not remotely concerned right now. 
in our podcast I set the over under on times I will look at the scoreboard with intent interest in what Anaheim, Seattle or Texas are up to at 0.5 and bet the under. 

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I think they win 92 and make a wild card. I think we win 102 and win the league easily. We shall see. I’m not remotely concerned right now. 
in our podcast I set the over under on times I will look at the scoreboard with intent interest in what Anaheim, Seattle or Texas are up to at 0.5 and bet the under. 

we’re seeing the Difference there having a vet manager. We need to get healthy and bats need to get going over here. We’re still playing at about 60%

dusty and the staff have done a great job, all around with this roster snd bench. Who else could handle losing 3 starters 

Edited by tx 3 putt

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I think that's unrealistic considering their offensive production.

I don't see them going 59-52 from here to the end of the season.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The division is much better this year. It’s going to be a rusty knife fight for the AL Wild Card. I’d rather stay out of that scrum. 

Rangers are legit. I’m not seeing anything that makes me think their first 2 months are smoke and mirrors. None of their offensive players are producing way over their heads, other than Heim, who has already started coming back to earth. Their lineup is good.

Their rotation I think is good and probably gets deGrom back. The one thing that may catch up with them is that their pitchers don’t strike out a lot of guys. Maybe that catches up to them, maybe it doesn’t. Their bullpen also isn’t great, though it’s generally the easiest place to bolster in-season.

The Astros (minus Brantley, Garcia, Urquidy, McCullers) don’t look like a much better team than the Rangers to me. I think they’re pretty even. 

• Like 1

Depth is getting thin …

Forrest Whitley has a right lat strain, according to the Astros. They said he will “miss time,” but did not specify how long or offer a timetable. Also, Will Wagner will “miss time” in Double-A with “right wrist discomfort.”

Also, Rylan Bannon broke his right index finger, according to the Astros. Another hit to the Astros' infield depth on the 40-man roster, which now consists of Joe Perez and David Hensley.

https://twitter.com/chandler_rome/status/1662868396738854914?s=46&t=cH-LvFrUDSIxqTdoyXUTxg

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, runthebone said:

We're doing OK given everything.  No matter how well Dubon played in his absence, Altuve's coming back just makes the lineup look so much better.

Basically, Abreu and Brantley have a month, then it's time to start shopping.

What does that mean with regard to Abreu? How would that actually work?

15 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

What does that mean with regard to Abreu? How would that actually work?

I don't see them giving up on Abreu before maybe June 2024.

Maybe a phantom IL stint this year and maybe he gets benched in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Depth is getting thin …

Forrest Whitley has a right lat strain, according to the Astros. They said he will “miss time,” but did not specify how long or offer a timetable. Also, Will Wagner will “miss time” in Double-A with “right wrist discomfort.”

Also, Rylan Bannon broke his right index finger, according to the Astros. Another hit to the Astros' infield depth on the 40-man roster, which now consists of Joe Perez and David Hensley.

https://twitter.com/chandler_rome/status/1662868396738854914?s=46&t=cH-LvFrUDSIxqTdoyXUTxg

Bannon is hot garbage; considering him a depth piece is being generous.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1