2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

21 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

So apparently the Astros social media manager triggered the usual pearl-clutchers with a tepid tweet that has since been deleted. 

Man, what a bunch of fuckin crybaby bitches. And I bet the overwhelmingly majority of them aren't even A's fans. 

Was it the “dozens of fans” comment?

Screenshot for those who missed it, was attached to the highlight of Yordans 2nd HR:

image.thumb.png.e82a4470780a2a1039e15a186b1df6c8.png

I'll admit it felt a little aggressive/punching down on a fanbase in a pretty bad situation...but then I remember how big of pricks A's fans have been (all 10 of them)...so whatevs. 

Edited by Evil Bill Obrien
emphasis on there being few A
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I don't think that's punching down at the fanbase in any way, it's punching at the organization and ownership for not putting a better product on the field. 

I think A's fans are the coolest opposing fans in our division and I'm fully supportive of them not losing their team to Las Vegas. 

I mean, it's not like lifelong Houston sports fans don't understand the pain of losing a team to relocation.... 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

It is what it is, focus on the guys we have. Hope urquidy bounces back better 

I really don’t like our playoff rotation sans LMJ. Framber is a war horse. Javier struggles mightily to get into the 6th inning. Brown is a stud but very inexperienced. 

I’m grateful for Bielak’s smoke and mirrors act as a starter, but he’s not a viable option in the playoffs. 

Urquidy has pitched well in the World Series, but he can get shelled with regularity. 

The Astros might be in the unenviable position of needing to trade for a starting pitching at the deadline.  

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

How could a national writer for the biggest sports platform in the world be so careless with the truth? This could be fact checked in a matter of seconds. Disgraceful 

https://legacy.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/index.php?team=HOU&cyear=2014

The obvious "Fuck NYY" sentiment aside, Buster Olney single-handedly made me quietly start rooting for the Orioles the last couple of years with his angry fixation about them "tanking" and then dragging the Astros into it. 

Happy to see Baltimore shitting down his neck this year (as long as they aren't playing the Astros). I guess he's moved on to other soft targets now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I really don’t like our playoff rotation sans LMJ. Framber is a war horse. Javier struggles mightily to get into the 6th inning. Brown is a stud but very inexperienced. 

I’m grateful for Bielak’s smoke and mirrors act as a starter, but he’s not a viable option in the playoffs. 

Urquidy has pitched well in the World Series, but he can get shelled with regularity. 

The Astros might be in the unenviable position of needing to trade for a starting pitching at the deadline.  

I don’t know that thats an “unenviable position” but exactly. Sure, you’d rather not have to do it. But it’s worked out well in the past.

Edited by formermav43

2 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

This is the terrifying thing when we face good pitching

Yeah Gray is quietly having the most dominant year.. 60 innings still hasn't given up a HR. Even though the Twins lineup is total anus aids they had too great of a mound mismatch going. This lineup is just too deeply flawed vs top flight pitching and tomorrow we get Joe Ryan who also is quietly having a pretty badass season too.

5 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

He's gonna have a complete game against us. 9 pitches last inning. He's having a great year, and dominating us for sure. 

The one mistake I thought the Astros would have capitalized on was the fastball to Pena with 2 people on base. 

• Hook 'Em 1