2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

16 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m not watching- did Maldonado call a good game? 

If Dusty wants to credit the catchers for everything, he should be asked why Maldy is ruining Brown and if they'll go back to Diaz now

• Like 2

You’re wrong Kalas.  A ball can be caught off of the rafters in fair territory for an out.   Following that logic, a ball must land in fair territory after hitting the rafter to be a hit.  If it hits rafters fair, but lands in foul territory, it’s foul.  This is not hard, genius.  

Y'all think last night was bad....it is only going to get worse.

I am going to the 4 game series @ Toronto next week and my away record is very very bad. I think i am 9-15 with 3 being my first 3 games @ oakland when we swept them so 6-15 not counting that trip.

So expect a BJ sweep

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

I am going to the 4 game series @ Toronto next week and my away record is very very bad. I think i am 9-15 with 3 being my first 3 games @ oakland when we swept them so 6-15 not counting that trip.

So expect a BJ sweep

Jealous you’re getting up to Toronto. That’s high on my list.

but like you, my road record is abysmal.  (I blame that Cincy/NY trip in 2019 that I think I remember you did like me) 
eyeing a trip to Detroit in August so sorry ahead of time for losing that series 

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

but like you, my road record is abysmal.  (I blame that Cincy/NY trip in 2019 that I think I remember you did like me) 
eyeing a trip to Detroit in August so sorry ahead of time for losing that series 

The Skydome sucks as far as venues go. Comerica is a much nicer park

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

I blame that Cincy/NY trip in 2019 that I think I remember you did like me

Such an abysmal stretch in an amazing season. I think of those series along with the father's day game against the Jays that proceeded them when I need to remind myself that even great teams have stretches of shitty baseball.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yep. Luckily i skipped out on 1 Yankees game so I got to save a loss on my record lol

3 hours ago, Scraps said:

So expect a BJ sweep

maybe a tranny bj will break the curse 

46 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Holy non shitty lineup batman

2c4eca872b9b5a84128d3bec0ca3178d.jpg

I’d prefer Chas to Julks as I think he’s both better hitter and fielder,  but as long as we aren’t faxing a lefty I don’t care all that much if he does it this way. 
like that lineup. 
I can’t even describe how happy I’d be if Diaz got 20 AB’s in one week just yo see what regular playing time might look like, but I guess it’s baby steps that they have him catching Blanco. If we are going 6 man rotation it’s asinine if he does not have at least 2 of the guys regularly. 

• Hook 'Em 1