2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

36 minutes ago, WBT said:

Good win.

Rough night for Shohei, 0 for 4 and 5 ER allowed.

Fuck Shohei and fuck Trout. Non prime time players that never do jack shit when it matters.  

Why in the fucking hell did Shohei not get drilled his next AB after putting one under Maldonado's chin after the rookie took him deep? Dusty is supposed to be old school so he should have been wearing one for that. And also on principle for that bullshit rule that lets him hit after leaving the pitcher spot. 

1 hour ago, Victor Lazlo said:

I don’t know how they gave Drury a hit on that play. He was nowhere near to beating it out. Should have been an error on either Bregman or Abreu. Both runs should be unearned.

The official scorer shall not charge an error against:

(2) any fielder who makes a wild throw if in the scorer’s judgment the runner would not have been put out with ordinary effort by a good throw, unless such wild throw permits any runner to advance beyond the base he would have reached had the throw not been wild;

The official scorer ruled that ordinary effort (i.e., an average play by an average fielder) would not have retired Drury at first. Basically he determined that Bregman getting him out at first would have required an extraordinary play and I agree with that ruling. Bregman successfully executed the first half of an extraordinary play by fielding it quickly and getting rid of it quickly. But the throw was off line.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

The official scorer ruled that ordinary effort (i.e., an average play by an average fielder) would not have retired Drury at first. Basically he determined that Bregman getting him out at first would have required an extraordinary play and I agree with that ruling. Bregman successfully executed the first half of an extraordinary play by fielding it quickly and getting rid of it quickly. But the throw was off line.

Okay, I’ve been an avid baseball fan for over 50 years and never knew of that ordinary effort nuance regarding a throw. One is never too old to learn.

Just seems silly to me that Maton got charged for that earned run on Bregman’s throwing error, said throw having handily beaten the runner.

Edited by Victor Lazlo

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

not dubon , he’s the only back up IF

In an ideal world Salazar gets sent down, Bannon gets kicked off the 40 man and someone like Loperfido gets a chance.

Edited by rvm96
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, runthebone said:

Two outs are, like, the starting point Of the inning.

New proposal for Extra Innings, as opposed to the gimme runner on 2nd.