2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I was with a group in the field club last night. I feel like I’ve been in most every nook and cranny of MMP, but never down there. I thought it was awesome. A kid in our group got a ball from Mike Trout after he caught the third out of the first inning. Good times, Go Stros.

IMG_6114.thumb.jpeg.9f76db82ab0ff19d017c7368be062f1f.jpegIMG_6124.thumb.jpeg.54c6411409156ace8e2a5ab8eab40f47.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Planet Houston said:

I was with a group in the field club last night. I feel like I’ve been in most every nook and cranny of MMP, but never down there. I thought it was awesome. A kid in our group got a ball from Mike Trout after he caught the third out of the first inning. Good times, Go Stros.

IMG_6114.thumb.jpeg.9f76db82ab0ff19d017c7368be062f1f.jpegIMG_6124.thumb.jpeg.54c6411409156ace8e2a5ab8eab40f47.jpeg

Thanks for the invite 🥺🥺🥺

• Rage+1 1

Julks has played IF both in college and the minors. To say he can't become a 1B is moronic, he's not a great OF, so moving to 1B would help his career. Daiz should stay at catcher because he's actually very good at catching. Dubon fucking sucks and should be happy Altuve had a broken thumb, but he should be playing less than once a week on a WS contending club.

• Hook 'Em 2

we need hm badly for the 2nd half. He’s an innings eater ….

José Urquidy said he will not go with the Astros to Toronto and Cleveland this week. He’s still throwing just fastballs on flat ground, and will aim to add breaking balls to the mix before he throws a bullpen. Urquidy threw the last two days and was off today, said he feels good.

• Like 1

It's incredible how easily baseball players get hurt during this time. Training, recovery, body composition is much better than it was in the 80s and 90s and still players are getting hurt more often. Biggio would have his arm amputated and would still play every game.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It's incredible how easily baseball players get hurt during this time. Training, recovery, body composition is much better than it was in the 80s and 90s and still players are getting hurt more often. Biggio would have his arm amputated and would still play every game.

I think it’s more a sign of how elevated the quality is of every MLB player today. Every team has guys throwing 100+ and several have guys that can reach 105.

if you’re not 100%, you’re going to get ground up and spit out.

….that or MLB players are just taking their cues from the rest of society (e.g. unlimited PTO, paternity leave, etc policies)

Probably some of both, maybe tilted slightly towards the latter.

oh, and throw in expanded playoffs today where every game in the regular season isn’t nearly as important as it was in the early 90s when 2 teams from each league made the playoffs and then mid-90s when it expanded to 4.

Astros are good enough where they just need to make sure Altuve is healthy in September so they are going to do everything they can to make sure that happens

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 things:

1) that was as soft a bomb as you will ever see hit, and it was worth 4 runs for us! 
2) the Angels seem like they generally play the shittiest brand of baseball this side of the A’s. The way they herp derped themselves through that in inning giving us 5, or perhaps 6, outs was an abomination against baseball and they should feel shame and embarrassment. 
It’s almost like a Greek myth story, Icarus flying too close to the sun, Sisyphus rolling the boulder ip the hill, Trout and Ohtani being generational players on 75-82 win teams surrounded by dipshits and morons. It’s all good stuff. 
Then, the Astros turn a great double play to shut down an inning showing the difference 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Haha 1