2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

9 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Our offense is concerning.

Altuve has barely played this season, Yordan's in a mini slump (4/24 with .602 OPS last 7 games), Tucker hasn't hit a HR since 5/19.....the list goes on. 

And yet we're winning a decent amount of games, Pena is starting to heat up, mid-season Bregman is starting to activate, Yainer might actually be a contributor if Dusty would ever let him play.

It's a mixed bag.

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Altuve has barely played this season, Yordan's in a mini slump (4/24 with .602 OPS last 7 games, Tucker hasn't hit a HR since 5/19.....the list goes on. 

And yet we're winning a decent amount of games, Pena is starting to heat up, mid-season Bregman is starting to activate, Yainer might actually be a contributor if Dusty would ever let him play.

It's a mixed bag.

We are currently trailing in the division to a team that hits the cover off the ball and shows no signs of slowing down.

It bugs me.

Edited by David Dennison

3 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Man, I just went down the rabbit hole on Tucker's game splits. Dude has only 2 RBI in the last 2 weeks and only 2 HR since April, the last coming 3 weeks ago. WTF?

So you're saying he might take an extension now?

Well shit, not a good end to a good game from Yainer

9 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Man, I just went down the rabbit hole on Tucker's game splits. Dude has only 2 RBI in the last 2 weeks and only 2 HR since April, the last coming 3 weeks ago. WTF?

He’s making up for it by being a negative value defensive RF though. 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Our offense is concerning.

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

We are currently trailing in the division to a team that hits the cover off the ball and shows no signs of slowing down.

It bugs me.

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I'm cranky.

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

All L’s suck, but I’d rather it be solid pitching and sleepy bats. Out. Are will come around. Great performance by the rook today. Diaz getting some time at 1st is good 

on toToronto and the @Scraps curse 

Did you have a stroke mid post?

• Fuck You 1

I’m encouraged with France. We obviously need starting pitching, and him being solid is water in the desert right now. 

I have no fixes for the lineup other than calling Gilbert up. 

Just another reason to hate Manfred. This team and the farm system could really use those first and second round picks in 2020 and 2021 right about now. We’re going to need straight up witchcraft from Dana to cover that up. 

This kind of feels like the 2020 season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, David Dennison said:

It bugs me.

Yankees didn't show signs of slowing down last year until they did.  It's a long season.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

28 minutes ago, kevwun said:

It was pretty much guaranteed when they made the roster move.  I bet he will miss more than today's game also.

Feels like running it through the Astros injury translator we are talking about out for the week.  At least the entire Jays series.