2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

On 6/5/2023 at 8:12 PM, HtownHorn said:

If recent history repeats itself, Toronto will win the series while the Astros struggle to score 3 runs combined over the next 2 games.

Nailed it.

Though I guess we could actually tie the series with a win tomorrow.

Edited by HtownHorn

23 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Blaming this loss on anything besides a bullshit lineup and even shittier hitting is just grasping at straws. This was a winnable game. They just step on their dicks at the plate. 

The offense sucks, but the bullpen hasn't been great either in the past 8 or so games. They have like 2 appearances where they didn't give up a baserunner over that span. This is where Dusty is just a shitty manager with no in-game strategy. I would have told Altuve to bunt.

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

you want runners on base for Altuve + he’ll see more strikes with Yordan behind him 

16 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

he’s done. I hope his contract was insured 

Edited by tx 3 putt

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

That had monster inning potential but 2 runs is better than none

I'm following online, which leads to trying to visualize what the play-by-play calls mean. When it showed Meyers driving in "run(s)," I assumed he'd hit into a DP. Too bad I was right. When Maldy then was up 3-1 with the lineup about to turn over, I hoped he'd take the next pitch but knew better. Sure enough...6-3. Sigh....

6 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I'm following online, which leads to trying to visualize what the play-by-play calls mean. When it showed Meyers driving in "run(s)," I assumed he'd hit into a DP. Too bad I was right. When Maldy then was up 3-1 with the lineup about to turn over, I hoped he'd take the next pitch but knew better. Sure enough...6-3. Sigh....

Meyers hit the ball hard, but it went straight to the 3rd baseman for the easy DP