2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, WBT said:

And Abreu's arm isn't going to fall off pitching a 3rd straight day.

Didn’t he go like 30 or 35 pitches in one of those outings?  I don’t know- I’ve slept since then.

Just now, UTexasFight said:

The answer is right in front of y’all and it’s neither of these…

Is it Dusty?  Is that what you are saying?  

This team obviously isn't good enough to just show up and win. At least tonight Martinez was great, and Tucker came to life in extras. Maybe now we can add some better luck, but that's been in short supply. I think a lot of it flew back to Houston for evaluation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

We’re not snakebite, we are just shitty.

Being snakebit with injuries contributes to our shitty-ness. Alvarez is injured, Luis Garcia out for the season, LMJ was supposed to be back but now he's probably done for the season, Brantley was supposed to be back but his assignment last month didn't go well and now who knows what his status is (probably won't play this season). 

We just don't have the players right now to get the wins we need to win a division.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That's not going to happen, so let's keep it in the real world.

They’ll make some quarter-measure, meaningless move(s) that will probably end up being a net-negative when they either miss the playoffs entirely or manage to lose a wild card series.

Crane made this bed in the off-season. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski

Just now, Hank Chinaski said:

They’ll make some quarter-measure, meaningless move(a) that will probably end up being a net-negative when they either miss the playoffs entirely or manage to lose a wild card series.

Crane made this bed in the off-season. 

What's crazy about baseball at this point in the season is that it's just as likely that they win the World Series.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Of course it is. 

Not saying it’s flawless, but Fangraphs (for example) has the Astros odds of missing the playoffs at 22%; it has their odds of winning the WS at 9%.

And that 9% seems high, but even that is way less likely than missing the playoffs entirely. 

7 hours ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

You can’t waste an Abreu three run homer. We were playing with house money and just kept drinking the free drinks until we threw up on the table. 

I did this on the last day of my cruise for all practical purposes. Ran 200 up to 1700 and ran that down to -2200. That’s what yesterdays game reminded me of. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1