2023 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

these new rules are making the game be more like the way it used to be, so i have no idea what you're upset about, other than just a straight up fear of change. i mean what are you even losing out on with these new rules? 

Did you ever play baseball?  There's a massive mental game between the pitcher and batter that a clock has no business interfering in.  Also, if you are only interested in the game if it is over after a certain time, fuck right off.  I'm only 40 years old and I swear to god, it's like I'm dealing with a bunch of fucking 17 year old pussies who can't be bothered to watch a game and want to get back to their tiktok or some shit.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Did you ever play baseball?  There's a massive mental game between the pitcher and batter that a clock has no business interfering in.  Also, if you are only interested in the game if it is over after a certain time, fuck right off.  I'm only 40 years old and I swear to god, it's like I'm dealing with a bunch of fucking 17 year old pussies who can't be bothered to watch a game and want to get back to their tiktok or some shit.

I’m 56 and need my beauty rest.

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

yes, there is a massive mental battle between pitchers and hitters, and watching the pitcher go to the rosin bag and stroll around the grass for 15 seconds after every pitch has nothing to do with it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I pitched in high school. The only “mental game” I needed was blowing 95+ past some pimple-faced loser and then fucking his girlfriend afterwards. Waiting 30 seconds between pitches and stepping out to adjust your batting gloves and helmet (did the OG players have any of that pussy shit? No) is not how the game was meant to be played.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

I pitched in high school. The only “mental game” I needed was blowing 95+ past some pimple-faced loser and then fucking his girlfriend afterwards. Waiting 30 seconds between pitches and stepping out to adjust your batting gloves and helmet (did the OG players have any of that pussy shit? No) is not how the game was meant to be played.

Oh you were there in the 1910s or whatever?

Not going to mention the 95+ comment because where was your minor league career?

16 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

You'll get used to it.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Oh you were there in the 1910s or whatever?

Not going to mention the 95+ comment because where was your minor league career?

Well batting helmets were first used in the MLB in the 1940s, batting gloves in the 1960s. So I’ll guess that no one in the 1910s was using them because I’m not an idiot. 

Highest I was ever clocked at was actually 96. Tore my rotator cuff junior year, baseball & 5-star starting QB career over. If I didn’t have the hottest chick in school comforting me orally every day I don’t know what I would’ve done. 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Well batting helmets were first used in the MLB in the 1940s, batting gloves in the 1960s. So I’ll guess that no one in the 1910s was using them because I’m not an idiot. 

Highest I was ever clocked at was actually 96. Tore my rotator cuff junior year, baseball & 5-star starting QB career over. If I didn’t have the hottest chick in school comforting me orally every day I don’t know what I would’ve done. 

Ok, well you said the "OGs" so how about 1876?

And yes, I believe you on everything.

baseballyankeefans.gif

40 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

these new rules are making the game be more like the way it used to be, so i have no idea what you're upset about, other than just a straight up fear of change. i mean what are you even losing out on with these new rules? 

Perhaps he has some fetish for guys adjusting batting gloves and that's OK.

james karinchak, known for playing hackey sack with the ball and generally dicking around for 10 seconds after every pitch, just had a horrible time with the pitch clock and it led to a bb, hbp, and 3-run HR to give seattle a 3-0 lead. he'd better get used to these new rules or his nasty stuff ain't gonna matter.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

james karinchak, known for playing hackey sack with the ball and generally dicking around for 10 seconds after every pitch, just had a horrible time with the pitch clock and it led to a bb, hbp, and 3-run HR to give seattle a 3-0 lead. he'd better get used to these new rules or his nasty stuff ain't gonna matter.

This benefitted my team, but you think this is somehow ok?  You'd rather have a pitcher get screwed over by the clock instead of having the batter and the pitcher battle?  Do you even like baseball?

Edited by Biff Tannen
don't bother answering because it's rhetorical

50 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This benefitted my team, but you think this is somehow ok?  You'd rather have a pitcher get screwed over by the clock instead of having the batter and the pitcher battle?  Do you even like baseball?

When it’s karinchak?

One hundred million percent.

Edited by UTexasFight

7 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

This whole page and other articles it links to is gold. @Biff Tannen I suggest you read this - it gives some serious arguments for the changes that go beyond the obvious. I’ve been totally swayed on both the pitch clock and the shift since seeing it in person and playing out the new gamesmanship that takes the place of needless dicking around. And yes, 20 minutes fewer per game of needless dicking around - or FIFTY FOUR hours over a 162 game season - is welcome in my book. 

To say this changes the game completely ignores the fact that the game changed in the first place with analytics and the defensive responses to the offensive changes. This brings the game back to the pace and ideal athletic five-tool player of old. Give it a shot. 

• Drool 1

I like the eleimination of the needless bullshit by batters and pitchers.  That being said, my pacing of bathroom breaks/ drink refill/ piddling with work inbetween pitches was totally off last night.  Gonna have to totally rework my cadence as a fan too.

6 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

Came to post how pathetic that franchise is. "Ohtani dominant in loss" is pretty much every headline.

The Angels lost that game? To the As? Amazing.

Looks like another long season for both the citizens of Anaheim and all of us who want to see Ohtani and Trout play in meaningful games.