2023 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

On 4/11/2023 at 9:56 AM, Helobious said:

Astros are ass my dude. Really thought we were inferior to them coming into the year but that clearly isn’t the case now. Rays have me worried bigly, which I wasn’t expecting. I hope they collapse but they look like a machine so far. 

Good One Lol GIF by Justin

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

I really don’t, all the astro dipshits blend together to me. Whoever it was has been proven to be wildly incorrect though. 

He’s now resorted to posting about the Rangers in their thread while they take 2 of 3 from Tampa. Even they thought that was embarrassing. 

Jazz Chisolm is the NL player with 7SB and 5HR.

and I absolutely had to look it up. My guess was Pete Alonso( with 0 SB) so that shows you how much I watch the damned Mets.

Stark on whether the pitch clock is harder on pitchers' arms:

Are pitchers tiring sooner? We’ve seen no evidence of that. The percentage of starts that lasted five innings or longer is actually way up, from 58.1 percent last year to 69.5 percent this year. Average number of pitches per start is also up significantly, from 78.4 last year to 86.6 this year. And average fastball velocity is at its highest rate ever (93.8 mph, up a tick from 93.7 last year and 93.5 the year before). So while pitchers talk anecdotally about how tiring this is, it hasn’t shown up in length of start so far.