2023 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

I don't know what the A's expect to do about it.  He made a mistake, he was talking too fast and the wrong word came out, something that happens to just about all of us every single day.  He sincerely apologized and it's time to move on.  

• Like 1

Pretty damn cool. Was not sure where to post. 

The Navy christened the USS Cooperstown on Saturday, recognizing all military veterans -- including the 70 Baseball Hall of Fame members who interrupted their baseball careers to serve in the military.

The ceremony will take place in New York City, where players such as Ted Williams and Bob Feller undoubtedly will be remembered. Williams flew 37 combat missions in World War II and Korea, and Feller missed four seasons to serve in the Army, enlisting after the bombing of Pearl Harbor in 1941.

The motto of the USS Cooperstown is "America's Away Team."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/37522104/navy-christens-uss-cooperstown-which-honors-hof-veterans

image.png.2f034d8edd2b4b48779a07d054a36f2d.png

Edited by InkaUtexas
Added the image.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I met Vida Blue at an A's spring training game about 15 years ago.  He and (if IIRC) Claudell Washington were at this table in the concourse for autographs.  For some reason, there was literally no one else around them.  So I just hung out and shot the shit with them for 15 minutes.  Vida did not seem very healthy at all then, so I'm surprised he just died.  Vida was complaining about being hungry, and there was inexplicably no one from the team there for them, so I bought him a hot dog and he was incredibly appreciative.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I met Vida Blue at an A's spring training game about 15 years ago.  He and (if IIRC) Claudell Washington were at this table in the concourse for autographs.  For some reason, there was literally no one else around them.  So I just hung out and shot the shit with them for 15 minutes.  Vida did not seem very healthy at all then, so I'm surprised he just died.  Vida was complaining about being hungry, and there was inexplicably no one from the team there for them, so I bought him a hot dog and he was incredibly appreciative.  

Are you MC hammer ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1