2023 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

When I was a kid, I just figured that a guy named Scipio Spinks had to be the coolest guy on the planet.

Lol, holy shit:

Spinks is currently the head coach for the University of Houston-Downtown Gators baseball organization.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 1

The on this day thing got me curious… damn. A brawl got so out of hand an entire ballpark burned down.

1894 - In the aftermath of a fierce fight between Baltimore's John McGraw and Boston's Tommy Tucker in the third inning, a devastating fire starts in the right field stands at Boston's South End Grounds. The fire destroys $70,000 worth of equipment as well as the park, the only truly double-decked grandstand Boston would ever have.

And holy shit that might’ve been the coolest looking park of all time

IMG_3250.png.2ed7349d9cb068ae2b8c7c61eb5688d6.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

The on this day thing got me curious… damn. A brawl got so out of hand an entire ballpark burned down.

And holy shit that might’ve been the coolest looking park of all time

IMG_3250.png.2ed7349d9cb068ae2b8c7c61eb5688d6.png

It's a shame it's gone, it would make an excellent host for quidditch matches.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

the Yankees have been caught running scams, 3 or 4 times ? I’m sure it’s nothing. Who doesn’t learn their lesson after getting caught cheating 6 times ?

it’s Judge simply checking to see if his ‘special’ baseballs have arrived yet. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

Aaron judge becomes first batter in history to peek back and see if catcher is setting up outside. More news at 10.

"coming up at 10, aaron judge himself says that he was looking into his own dugout during those at-bats tonight. but first, a shocking interview with a deranged south Texas man, who has a lot to say about joey gallo."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

48 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Just remember, y'all -- if the Astros hadn't invented cheating 6 years ago, Steroid Yankee American Hero Guy wouldn't have known how to cheat last night.  So, it's really Houston's fault.

Can't hit the Judge Special Ball 460ft if the dugout doesn't tell you which ball is gonna be the special one...

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So, the Yankees are definitely gonna lose their manager and their GM for this.  And they're gonna be eviscerated in the media like they should have been the last two times they got caught cheating, only worse, because of the high horse they've been on for the last few seasons.

Right?

I mean, anything less than that would be absurd, right?

• Like 1

How many pitchers this year from nyy have been busted? Proven mlb had them use doctored baseballs last year. Caught using apple watch, ex manager let it slip they used camera in center field. Can't wait to hear St. Judge condemn his team mates for this behavior, oh wait he is checking what the dugout has to say.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

First Yankee pitcher tossed for sticky stuff since Michael Pineda 5 years ago. Clearly an organizational cheating issue.

How many fucking mulligans do y'all get in one five-year span?  This is like half a dozen instances of cheating, that we know of, and you can stick your sanctimonious hypocrisy about the Astros straight up your bandwagon-jumping ass.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1