2023 St. Louis Cardinals thread -- fuckin' fire him already

Beau Vine

Every time I see that, it amazes me that Worrell's foot was RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the bag.  

Like, the only way I could imagine the ump calling him safe is if the pitcher didn't find the base, but his foot was so on the base that it's a miracle Orta didn't spike him.

• Rage+1 1

50 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

Matz has to be relegated to long relief in the bullpen. He can burn innings when we are clearly taking a loss.

Yeah, if only there were someone on the current big league roster and sitting in the bullpen that could be put into the rotation.  The front office is just so bad.  The only reason that Matz is in the rotation is because Bowtie doesn't want to admit that he fucked up by signing Matz in the first place.

• Like 1

Yeah, if only there were someone on the current big league roster and sitting in the bullpen that could be put into the rotation.  The front office is just so bad.  The only reason that Matz is in the rotation is because Bowtie doesn't want to admit that he fucked up by signing Matz in the first place.

Exactly!

3 hours ago, You don't know me said:
12 hours ago, Beau Vine said:
Dammit!
Thousands on twitter seem to think Yadi is gonna be the answer.
I cannot imagine Moze willfully firing Oli to hire Yadi.  

I would like to see Yadi on the staff, but no way manager right now. They should fire Oli (and Bowtie) and hire that crazy fucker Joe Maddon.

Yadi is already a manager in Venezuela, and he has his sights on MLB management.  He guided Puerto Rico to the quarterfinals of the 2023 WBC.  He's roughly the same age as Matheny when he was hired.  Pull the fucking trigger, he's a Cardinals icon with impeccable credentials and credibility, and he deserves the shot.

47 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yadi is already a manager in Venezuela, and he has his sights on MLB management.  He guided Puerto Rico to the quarterfinals of the 2023 WBC.  He's roughly the same age as Matheny when he was hired.  Pull the fucking trigger, he's a Cardinals icon with impeccable credentials and credibility, and he deserves the shot.

My reservation is not regarding his potential to be a great manager.  My fear is that he would be stepping into a horrible situation in which no one can fix without a full offseason.  I don't want him to be Mo's new scapegoat.  If Mo was to be fired along with Oli, then I'd be fine with Yadi now.  

2 minutes ago, You don't know me said:

My reservation is not regarding his potential to be a great manager.  My fear is that he would be stepping into a horrible situation in which no one can fix without a full offseason.  I don't want him to be Mo's new scapegoat.  If Mo was to be fired along with Oli, then I'd be fine with Yadi now.  

Mo wants a yes-man manager.

Yadi ain't a yes-man.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, it's not particularly common for managers to be hired into ideal situations.  

True, but this situation is particularly shitty.  Mo is an idiot and the ownership won't make any real roster moves to improve the team as long as they are making money.

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Mo wants a yes-man manager.

Yadi ain't a yes-man.

Right there - as long as Mo is still in charge, Yadi won't be the manager.

7 minutes ago, You don't know me said:

True, but this situation is particularly shitty.  Mo is an idiot and the ownership won't make any real roster moves to improve the team as long as they are making money.

Maybe, but it's not like the Cardinals haven't enjoyed success under Mo or DeWitt.  I tend to think Oli is as much of the problem as anyone.  I mean, he's just not a good manager.  Has he been dealt the optimum hand?  No, but there's plenty of blame on him.

Yadi would reinvigorate the team and the fanbase.  He's an exceptional leader.  Oli is not.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

• Beau Vine changed the title to 2023 St. Louis Cardinals thread -- fuckin' fire him already

Mo is such an idiot.  He points out his own failings without even realizing it.  Dude, you fucking hired the guy AND put the team together.  Everything wrong with this team can be traced back to you, you fucking bowtie wearing moron.  If Oli doesn't have the hand that he thought he would be dealt, that's on you.  If the players are good enough and the manager is failing, that's also on you for making the hire.  

ETA:  Why exactly did Mike Maddux leave?  What's the REAL reason for Matt Holiday backing out?  There's got to be more to the story than what's been presented.  They knew ahead of time that something was fucked up.

Edited by You don't know me
I'm on a roll, leave me alone.

Look what bochee has done in Texas. And we are dealing with this junior varsity bulllshit.  Shit...Joe Maddon is sitting on a beach somewhere probably listening to kmox right now. Fuck you mo and fuck you DeWitt. You can't handle guys that have a bigger dick than you.