45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, YChang said:

Maybe it's cause I'm just a regular person... but I can't imagine other than a total catastrophic decline in nearly every sector of the economy for my net worth to drop 95% within 2 years-ish. 

When you sink your entire life savings into these things, shit can get kinda volatile:

Untitled-trumps-1024x1024.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Good god. George Washington would dropkick Donald Trump.

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

When you sink your entire life savings into these things, shit can get kinda volatile:

Untitled-trumps-1024x1024.jpg

Where's the one in an orange jumpsuit? Did they not make that one? They didn't?

30 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

I marvel at the level of batshit it takes to produce work like this. This fucking guy has MLK, Abe Lincoln, Frederick Douglas, and Harriet Tubman all standing next to Robert E Lee and praying over Donald Trump. This country is full of rubes that buy this shit and put it on their walls. Really, what hope have we got? 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Not true.  For instance, this Military Times poll of active duty troops was taken in the summer of 2020, and revealed more support for Biden than Trump.  

This ain't your grandpappy's military any more.

WRDYQUQ5SNCNHIHT7HBKY7ZJW4.jpg

Not the overwhelming majority for Trump. Okay. But are the results good news?

After 4 years of complete Trump-Pence idiocy and Covid denial, more than a third of of the military still supported a fascist leader and fascist/theocratic ideology. Seems like a reason to be extremely alarmed. 

When you say it "aint your grandpappy's military anymore," you are correct. The grandpas (and my two oldest uncles) were busy defeating the fascists, who were in Germany and Italy. Not in the White House. 

Edited by BevoAbyss

2 minutes ago, Bojack said:

I marvel at the level of batshit it takes to produce work like this. This fucking guy has MLK, Abe Lincoln, Frederick Douglas, and Harriet Tubman all standing next to Robert E Lee and praying over Donald Trump. This country is full of rubes that buy this shit and put it on their walls. Really, what hope have we got? 

lol This would make a great conversation piece.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

lulz.png.0cc9049a9b548289da2d86c9ec2e9e34.png

First it was Stacy Abrams, Kamala Harris, Alvin Bragg, and Fani Willis giving him the agita.  

But Juan Manuel?  The guy from the bodega on 2nd Avenue?  No, the judge.  The judge in your case.  

2 hours ago, speed817 said:

Sounds like he needs better financial advice...

You see Fatty, the key is you've got to diversify with your money.  So what we'll do, we'll take half of it, put it in a big mayonnaise jar and bury it out in your backyard.  The other half we'll take down to the dog track and put it on the dog that does his business right before the race starts.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

23 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

The grandpas (and my two oldest uncles) were busy defeating the fascists, who were in Germany and Italy. Not in the White House. 

Obviously, there were fascists in the USA, as shown in the 1939 Madison Square Garden photos up thread. 

That good ole American Exceptionalism and assumption that fascism "can't happen here" is naive and mistaken. Fascism is already happening here on a huge scale, along with theocracy. The question is: can these be stopped before democracy is finished?

2 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Obviously, there were fascists in the USA, as shown in the 1939 Madison Square Garden photos up thread. 

That good ole American Exceptionalism and assumption that fascism "can't happen here" is naive and mistaken. Fascism is already happening here on a huge scale, along with theocracy. The question is: can these be stopped before democracy is finished?

Ken Burns showed us in his latest documentary.  The parallels are undeniable.

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

We can mock and laugh at the Trump paintings. But these paintings are fascist art, circa the 21st century and our Hollywood hyper-mediated era. These paintings are, in philosophic and artistic principle, no different than the many paintings of Hitler (lionized, militarized, warrior, God-like) that emerged in Nazi Germany. 

McNaughton's Trump paintings are art for Fascist America.  

Yep

image.jpeg.92deff7258918272e1004afdef1073e8.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Folks need to give "Lindbergh" by Woodie Guthrie a listen.

Amazing how much history folks have either ignored, been made to ignore, or were just never taught in the first place. Then again, that seems to be a feature rather than a bug.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Fattie said his net worth has dropped 95% since Biden took office. I don’t know who to believe, reality or orange god worshipping cunt.

Lol wut?  Once again, the ability read and differentiate posters by different names jams up the brain trust.  Or, just out and out liars. Who could really know. All I know is there is never any receipts. Crazy, I know. 

2 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

He used to be represented by Morgan Lewis a lot - I think they were the ones that instituted the rule that two people had to be in on every conversation with Trump bc he’d lie so much. Anyway, I think they distanced themselves around the time of the subpoenas for tax info but I could be mistaken 

Also Jones Day for his more business-like things.

And Kasowitz Benson & Torres for some stuff (not exactly white shoe, but an expensive loudmouth boutique).

All of em ghandi.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Yep. I told my story about my son a few weeks ago.

Joining the Marines yanked him off a QAnon path. His best friend in his squad is a lesbian from New Mexico who set him up with her fiancée’s sister - whose parents were Mexican immigrants and she’s now his serious girlfriend.

Out of the 16 people in his squad - he is one of four white guys.

We talked yesterday and he told me he hope Trump gets prison time and he’ll probably vote for Biden over any of the current Republicans.

He’s SUPER pissed about Senator Foootbaw Corch holding up military promotions.

I've heard the opinion expressed how required military (or some national) service could definitely open up the eyes of young Americans to be exposed others from outside of their insular group. Makes sense to me. In transparency, I didn't serve.

3 hours ago, speed817 said:

Sounds like he needs better financial advice...

Bruh.  You get a one month time out from making funny of aggy and their inability to reason. 

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Laughing GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

Same.  I actually expect better from you.

2 hours ago, YChang said:

Maybe it's cause I'm just a regular person... but I can't imagine other than a total catastrophic decline in nearly every sector of the economy for my net worth to drop 95% within 2 years-ish. 

Congratulations, you have the ability to reason.  Not surprising. 

2 hours ago, G650 said:

Wat

Everyone look, an actual smart person. 

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

maybe he just put his life savings on trump to win on predictit?

Not a gambler.

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Seriously. How many more threads do we need to prove that fatty is an unserious moron

As usual, this hurts most from you.  A cognitively challenged pot head.  I'm 0% surprised you'd be so convinced, though.   Sorry to get your micro hard for nothing, but alas, not true. 

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

No one loses 95% of their wealth b/c of who is president.  Regarded. 

Correct.  No one here, anyhow. 

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

maybe, and stay with me here, he's full of shit.

Maybe.  Maybe that was never claimed?  Let's see if that can be substantiated.  I'll give you a hint. 

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Oh shit…there are still MAGAts around here? Amazing.
Well, yeah. Look who makes those type of claims.

Not a Magat.  Bro, you know someone IRL that I'm very close with, from one of your previous stops.   

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

95% of his net worth tied up in Trump NFTs 

Got those sweet, sweet baseball cards all locked up down at the safety deposit box.  

I will say I did lose my job due to the election.  It was a specific project that was greenlit to be passed by 45 (remember all those projects that were skipping critical approvals), and we knew going in that 46 wouldn't.  Our lobby guys had been working on both and knew in no uncertain terms it would not continue, pretty well in advance. womp womp.   I went to work literally the next day, so aside from going from a better paying to less paying, no big deal.  Other than straight salary, I didn't lose any "net worth" between the admins.  I cant think of a single thing I've had 19x of that I have now.  

• Hook 'Em 1

To me this is a relatively simple. If Trump broke the law, he should face the consequences. A DA should actually not take his run for Presidency into consideration.

Now if he was an unknown NYC developer, who did the same thing, would he have received an indictment today? Possibly not but good and bad can come with notoriety.

1 hour ago, BevoAbyss said:

We can mock and laugh at the Trump paintings. But these paintings are fascist art, circa the 21st century and our Hollywood hyper-mediated era. These paintings are, in philosophic and artistic principle, no different than the many paintings of Hitler (lionized, militarized, warrior, God-like) that emerged in Nazi Germany. 

McNaughton's Trump paintings are art for Fascist America.  

Let’s not get carried away. They may be intended to serve the same purpose but nobody is studying the works of Jon McNaughton in art & design class. It’s not good art and it deserves to be mocked and derided. The dude’s a hack.

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Now if he was an unknown NYC developer, who did the same thing, would he have received an indictment today? Possibly not but good and bad can come with notoriety.

Or famous or infamous.  That's what galls me the most about this.  Trump and many of his kind should have been investigated and indicted a decade ago or more, by NY state and federal authorities.  But you come out and flaunt your lawless entitlement like Trump did and you reap the whirlwind.

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Yes, I think the charges need to be unsealed. 

what would be the reasons to not unseal the indictments? I can only think that is needed when the DA is potentially seeking charges against others. Otherwise it's in the public's interest to know what charges the people are bringing against someone.

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

what would be the reasons to not unseal the indictments? I can only think that is needed when the DA is potentially seeking charges against others. Otherwise it's in the public's interest to know what charges the people are bringing against someone.

Typically I think indictments are sealed to keep the accused from knowing they’re being investigated until it’s time to arrest. Sealing also keeps identity of witnesses secret but at this point I think it’s of national importance for the public to know the severity of the crimes charged. 

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated