45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

So the talking heads saying it was 11 x 3 falsifying business records + 1 conspiracy were . . . wrong.

The press release apparently characterizes the scheme as a conspiracy to influence the election, but no actual criminal charge.

2 hours ago, tbone_ said:

So let me get this straight, we have a doctor arguing about how trials work, or should work, with an actual litigator?

Seems like a great use of energy.

Well, to be fair, TwiceHorn is a patent litigator, so....

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, safe sex said:

If Ginny Thomas' shit isn't enough to get Clearance to recuse himself on cases related to Trump and Jan 6th, then this judge is just fine

Like that matters to Gym, MTG, Boobert, Jr and the rest of the merry band of dipshits. They’ll have an outrage talking point for the MAGAts.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Reading between the lines, Pecker's testimony about Trump's intentions to bury information adverse to the campaign establishes the campaign finance violation, apart and aside from anything Cohen says.

That. And there are tapes

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I don't think it would be, and I get your point.  But the Legion of Dumb is going to bitch no matter what.  Now if the judge were related to Stormy (like say her "step-brother"), had produced one of her fine films, or had left a review of one of said films on Rotten Tomatoes or the like, it might be a little closer of a question. 

3012226b-08fc-4f57-a437-96a7f481cbc5_tex

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Well, to be fair, TwiceHorn is a patent litigator, so....

I'm not even a patent litigator anymore.  But as a wise classmate once said, law is pretty much law.  RIP Keith.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

That's not what he's saying. You can bring in facts, statements, photos, documents, etc. about party 1's actions  as long as it is directly relevant to the guilt of party 2. What you can't do, is bring in evidence of his conviction by itself, and say "well this guy is guilty so this other guy must be as well."

Ok then I misunderstood what he is saying because I read it as nothing from Cohen’s case would be allowed at Trump’s trial

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, South Austin said:

If true (and that's a big IF coming from brietbart via Donnie Cokehead), then the judge should recuse himself and hand this off to another judge.  Is it a legal ground for recusal?  Not sure.  But why give Team MAGA something to bitch about beyond the general bullshit far left lib label?

They're going to bitch about something no matter what. But I don't think your child having a former position working for someone who is wholly unrelated to the case is even the remotest grounds for recusal. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's looking like they're maybe setting up the predicate felony as obstruction of justice moreso than the campaign finance violation.

I hope so cause reading through these charges as a lay person it feels like a setup he can just blame others for how they handled his business. Is this one of those areas where Trump being CEO or executive of his company is ultimately responsible if the accounting department (CFO, etc) does things illegally?  I was certainly expecting (hoping) more than what they decided upon.

15 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The "Disorganized Crime" comment had me rolling!

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not even a patent litigator anymore.  But as a wise classmate once said, law is pretty much law.  RIP Keith.

Except in Louisiana.

And after today, it seems pretty much certain that there's going to be some sort of mass protests or uprising (a la January 6) for him. 

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I hope so cause reading through these charges as a lay person it feels like a setup he can just blame others for how they handled his business. Is this one of those areas where Trump being CEO or executive of his company is ultimately responsible if the accounting department (CFO, etc) does things illegally?  I was certainly expecting (hoping) more than what they decided upon.

Sounds like you didn’t read the statement of facts. https://thehill.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2023/04/Donald-J.-Trump-SOF.pdf

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

So is there a gag order or no?

Sure, keep reading...

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’m calling it now, he’s getting off on all charges 

Like he's going to print out each of the indictments and then jerk his little orange mushroom onto each one of them like a tribute picture?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated