45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

13 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Even though Manhattan is about as anti-Trump as you can get 

I spend a lot of time in Manhattan and do not agree that Manhattan is broadly anti-Trump. Manhattan vote Democratic, to be sure, but Trump's got 5 decades of fawning local coverage behind him and retains a ton of brand equity as a larger than life local character associated with fun and excess. 

13 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Actually, he seems to be pretty ok if a bit of a loudmouth.  He's got a few legit skins on the wall.  Then again, so did Sidney Powell, in a time long ago and a galaxy far away.

However, as is the case much of the time, a mouthpiece type criminal lawyer is not the one you want in a civil courtroom.  Or you want him heavily backstopped by civil practitioners.

i'm sure he does very well in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Staten Island...outside of that he's a turn off, and there is no number of professional collateral support that can overcome that.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Cornyn can say that.  He's not up for reelection until 2026.  And that will be his last term.  After Trump lost and he left leadership and he was done making himself look stupid over Covid, he's outta fucks to give.  I think he sucks but he's like the 37th worst Senator in the Senate, not worth wringing hands over at this point.  

Cruz however has lots and lots of dicks left to suck (Not as many as Heidi ;) )   He has some legit 2024 issues for himself.  Gotta keep himself in a position for a Cabinet post or SCOTUS if trump/GOP wins White House.  Can't look too batshit right in Texas in case moderates come outta the woodwork with no major statewide races up for grabs.  

He's living the Frost poem.  

"For Trump's balls are lonely, orange, and deep.  And I've many promises that I must keep.  Miles to go before I sleep." 

Yeah, I just don't put anything past this simulation at this point.  Trump could live broadcast himself using a crucifix as a dildo on an underage teen and... well, he'd lose votes, but not as many as basic human decency should dictate.  The evangelical half of my family would still vote for him as God's emissary to save America from the evils of furries, trans beer and universal healthcare.

Edited by Goredho
Minus one evangelical family member who has seen the light (or darkness perhaps) regarding Trump
  • Like 1

Yeah, I just don't put anything past this simulation at this point.  Trump could live broadcast himself using a crucifix as a dildo on an underage teen and... well, he'd lose votes, but not as many as basic human decency should dictate.  The evangelical half of my family would still vote for him as God's emissary to save America from the evils of furries, trans beer and universal healthcare.

“Well I still don’t approve of some of his behavior, but I like his policies and it’s still better than a democrat.”
  • Rage+1 2

So far, over a dozen high-level Proud Boys and Oath Keepers have been convicted or plead guilty to charges of seditious conspiracy for their roles on J6. Seditious conspiracy is the most serious of all charges stemming from the J6 insurrection and as well as the hardest to prove. These verdicts are a major victory for the Justice Department, but they also increase the pressure on special prosecutor Jack Smith to charge the conspirator in chief, Donald Trump.

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/politics/proud-boys-leaders-lawyer-has-a-point-trump-was-the-unindicted-coconspirator-in-the-court-room/ar-AA1aXj69?ocid=sapphireappshare

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

“Well I still don’t approve of some of his behavior, but I like his policies and it’s still better than a democrat.”

Say what you will but at least "better than a democrat" is an honest answer.  The guy had no policy though.  You ask his acolytes to cite one and they can't.  Because the guy didn't have any.  Yeah, they passed some legislation but it was all McConnell's ideas.  Tax cuts and judicial appointments.  Any other Republican could have done the same thing with less baggage and bullshit.  Gerald Ford's corpse could have gotten that shit passed.  Trump, himself, has zero fucking ideas.  I guess we should be thankful for that.  He liked to talk and be adulated.  But the guy has no fucking ideas or plans.  One day he woke up and was like, "Hey, I like steaks and water.  What about Trump Steaks & Trump Water?"  And he still fucked that up.  

His followers are like "Office Space"

"Hey, what would you say your favorite Trump policies are?"

-Oh, I like 'em all about the same, I guess. 

"Oh man!  I am the exact same way!"  

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

i'm sure he does very well in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Staten Island...outside of that he's a turn off, and there is no number of professional collateral support that can overcome that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

Yeah, now do the part where you explain to Middle America the difference between a preponderance of the evidence (~51%) versus beyond a reasonable doubt (~97-98%)  

Doesn't matter.  He'll never do time.  The long game is throw all these cases up against him at the same time because Calendars.  He can't juggle all these appearances plus debate and campaign and primary and fundraise and rally.  Plus run his "vast real estate empire."  Cast enough doubt on him to fuck up his nomination effort.  Run him ragged, physically and literally.  Get his supporters to do stupid shit in his name.  Literally corner him so that he does something even more outlandish than he's already done.  And force him to give up one of his children or vice-versa as the twist of the final dagger. 

The play here is to have him drop dead from it all.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I've always found that asking, "Which policy of his specifically appeals to you?" tends to shut them up, other than a lot of stammering.

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

I've always found that asking, "Which policy of his specifically appeals to you?" tends to shut them up, other than a lot of stammering.

That's usually when they hit you with "well politics are just so nasty now and everyone has bad policies"

18 minutes ago, SamsCorner said:

The Donald used to be good for business.

15 minutes ago, G650 said:

Absolutely. But fawning would definitely not be the word I used to characterize their coverage.

The Times, The Daily News, NY Magazine and especially the Post treated him like a lovable rascal/playboy/crazy uncle/Tycoon/crusader for decades. Sometimes they profiled his wealth, sometimes they mocked his gaudy excess, sometimes they cheered, sometimes they exposed him and sometimes they shouted him down, but they always loved him, and he loved them back.
It's a big part of why he's so angry now - he doesn't understand why the press turned on him after years of playing along with his antics.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

The Times, The Daily News, NY Magazine and especially the Post treated him like a lovable rascal/playboy/crazy uncle/Tycoon/crusader for decades. Sometimes they profiled his wealth, sometimes they mocked his gaudy excess, sometimes they cheered, sometimes they exposed him and sometimes they shouted him down, but they always loved him, and he loved them back.
It's a big part of why he's so angry now - he doesn't understand why the press turned on him after years of playing along with his antics.  

I mean, if by fawning you mean point and laugh at, then yeah I guess.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Oh I'm sure tens of MAGATs will tune in for Pence over Dotard.

eta: They will never love you Mikey. In fact, they will hate you no matter what you do. Do the right thing for the sake of the country.

Edited by The Royal We

24 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Hasn’t he said something about needing to do something about gun laws and rolling back abortion restrictions recently?

He did take on China but lost in terms of we’re paying higher prices.

Oh he came up with the idea to leverage military aid to Ukraine for made up dirt on his opponents.  Maybe that was Putin’s idea.

Edited by TexasEd

25 minutes ago, Captainant said:

That's usually when they hit you with "well politics are just so nasty now and everyone has bad policies"

I usually get, "Well, I like that he puts America first" and then I have to point out that "putting America first" is not a policy, but rather a theme/ethos, and ask again for them to name a specific policy they like.

Oh Mike; quit getting “hung” up on all the timing and logistics.  Just do your thing as part of God’s plan for you.  

i think there’s a concerted effort at play here between certain GOP factions and certain prosecutors to end the Trump regime but still lock up the pieces left behind.  They can go out with a 20-30 year run if they can keep his base active and engaged.  But they can’t have him around anymore and eliminating him and blaming it on the left or deep state is a little too chaotic even for their tastes.  As any fixer will tell you, the most effective removal strategy is the one not requiring direct engagement.  How do you get rid of an obese 78 year old without getting close to him?  

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

“Suffered”. Anyone who signed up willingly to work with this criminal deserves what they got. 

No. Fuck this victim-blaming bullshit. I don't like Trump and I don't like anyone stupid enough to actively support him, but keep the blame where it belongs.

Say what you will but at least "better than a democrat" is an honest answer.  The guy had no policy though.  You ask his acolytes to cite one and they can't.  Because the guy didn't have any.  Yeah, they passed some legislation but it was all McConnell's ideas.  Tax cuts and judicial appointments.  Any other Republican could have done the same thing with less baggage and bullshit.  Gerald Ford's corpse could have gotten that shit passed.  Trump, himself, has zero fucking ideas.  I guess we should be thankful for that.  He liked to talk and be adulated.  But the guy has no fucking ideas or plans.  One day he woke up and was like, "Hey, I like steaks and water.  What about Trump Steaks & Trump Water?"  And he still fucked that up.  
His followers are like "Office Space"

"Hey, what would you say your favorite Trump policies are?"
-Oh, I like 'em all about the same, I guess. 
"Oh man!  I am the exact same way!"  
A lot of his supporters like the wall and cruelty to immigrants. That alone is enough for them.

Yeah but I think even the stupid ones (most) can see from google earth that there really isn’t a wall.  Unless google erased it from satellite imagery.  Oh my god, why can’t I see my F250 in my driveway?  What the duck?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

No. Fuck this victim-blaming bullshit. I don't like Trump and I don't like anyone stupid enough to actively support him, but keep the blame where it belongs.

Wat?  First, the hope hicks sexual assault theory is purely that. A theory. Without any evidence or even an accusation. It’s purely surly speculation. Second, I stand by my assertion. If you willingly signed up to work for that criminal, you deserve anything you get. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Regarding the wall:  I saw a Pati Jinich show about the Baja/Cali border the other day.  They showed the wall on the coast, and it made me realize how stupid the whole idea is.  (I mean, more stupid than I used to think it was.)

It's a giant iron fence that literally juts out from the beach maybe 100 feet into the ocean.  Then it stops, unguarded.  What, illegal immigrants can't swim a few yards?  Never mind that a decent pair of ladders gets you over the wall anywhere else.  It was just so pathetically futile, yet completely understandable.

4 caught after swimming around international border

The wall was a uniquely Trumpian policy in 2015. That's how he separated himself from Jeb, Rubio, et al. In 2023 immigrant bashing is de rigueur for a GOP candidate.

Had to go to my Dad's last weekend to help him re-tarp his koi pond. My brother had to bring up politics and in the middle of what passed for a discussion I asked my (completely batshit lost in the right wing grift-o-sphere) dad this very question when he laid the "'Trump is a little unpolished sometimes but his policies are PERFECT!!!" line. I wanted to know what policy he supported that was specifically and uniquely Trumpian rather than a policy every generic R supports. 

His answer?

Trump will fire everyone in the FBI and clean up the deep state.

My Dad wants a special military squad beholden to Trump with the power to arrest, detain, and kill. Shockingly he's also a big DeSantis supporter.

Edited by VivaNaranja
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Wat?  First, the hope hicks sexual assault theory is purely that. A theory. Without any evidence or even an accusation. It’s purely surly speculation. Second, I stand by my assertion. If you willingly signed up to work for that criminal, you deserve anything you get. 

"She was asking to be raped by wearing that outfit." Same bullshit, different words.

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Regarding the wall:  I saw a Pati Jinich show about the Baja/Cali border the other day.  They showed the wall on the coast, and it made me realize how stupid the whole idea is.  (I mean, more stupid than I used to think it was.)

It's a giant iron fence that literally juts out from the beach maybe 100 feet into the ocean.  Then it stops, unguarded.  What, illegal immigrants can't swim a few yards?  Never mind that a decent pair of ladders gets you over the wall anywhere else.  It was just so pathetically futile, yet completely understandable.

4 caught after swimming around international border

This was here pre-Dotard, but yes, it’s silly. 

Also, here’s part of the Dotard wall at the southern terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. I hate it. 

IMG_6682.jpeg

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

"She was asking to be raped by wearing that outfit." Same bullshit, different words.

Whatever dude. 

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

Except they're not victims, they're employees.

46 minutes ago, VivaNaranja said:

The wall was a uniquely Trumpian policy in 2015. That's how he separated himself from Jeb, Rubio, et al. In 2023 immigrant bashing is de rigueur for a GOP candidate.

Had to go to my Dad's last weekend to help him re-tarp his koi pond. My brother had to bring up politics and in the middle of what passed for a discussion I asked my (completely batshit lost in the right wing grift-o-sphere) dad this very question when he laid the "'Trump is a little unpolished sometimes but his policies are PERFECT!!!" line. I wanted to know what policy he supported that was specifically and uniquely Trumpian rather than a policy every generic R supports. 

His answer?

Trump will fire everyone in the FBI and clean up the deep state.

My Dad wants a special military squad beholden to Trump with the power to arrest, detain, and kill. Shockingly he's also a big DeSantis supporter.

Your dad is a fascist 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This was here pre-Dotard, but yes, it’s silly. 

Also, here’s part of the Dotard wall at the southern terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. I hate it. 

IMG_6682.jpeg

Whatever dude. 

That awkward moment when you build a wall and realize it's the ideal width to pass an AR-15 from our side to a taped kilo of uncut product from their side.  

It's too swell.  

• Rage+1 1

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated