45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

21 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This is so important. 

An opinion that Trump won't face consequences is merely a prediction of an outcome. Fine.

Suggesting that action is pointless because one cannot guarantee a suitable resolution is poison.

Anyone saying impeachment was pointless because Trump wouldn't be convicted was playing into exactly what Rimbo describes. The impeachment served a purpose at a number of levels. At the very least it proved how vile and traitorous the GOP has become.

Don't give in to facile hopelessness. 

Well, I am of the opinion that the impeachments were not pointless, but the outcome foreordained, particularly in retrospect.  So, anguish over their outcome was pointless, or if not pointless, a waste of emotion.

On the other hand, I think it is vitally important, if criminal cases are brought, to make them as airtight as possible under the circumstances.  Although conviction might not have the desired results, acquittal would be so much worse.

And for those picking at the justice system, consider whether you're coming close to being in pari delicto with those who say it's rigged and partisan, at least outside the supreme court.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

image.gif.5607e6692e7331cd889f5d757d7ac290.gif

Even without the document itself, the recording serves a solid evidentiary purpose.  And, I think the inability to produce that document hurts Trump worse than the government.  In a case about absconding and withholding government records, it's not going to help to say "the government can't even find this document that is the subject of the recording."  O rly?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This is so important. 

An opinion that Trump won't face consequences is merely a prediction of an outcome. Fine.

Suggesting that action is pointless because one cannot guarantee a suitable resolution is poison.

Anyone saying impeachment was pointless because Trump wouldn't be convicted was playing into exactly what Rimbo describes. The impeachment served a purpose at a number of levels. At the very least it proved how vile and traitorous the GOP has become.

Don't give in to facile hopelessness. 

I think you are extrapolating way too much.  I'm certainly not saying this shit shouldn't be pushed as far as it can be pushed.  But, calling the "nothing is going to happen" crowd stupid is fucking asinine.  There is plenty of shit that should have stuck, but didn't.  And, as much as I may appreciate the legal analysis, the reality is there is no precedent - legally or politically - for sending an expresident or future candidate to prison.  The legal consequences here aren't like some trigonometric proof we can work through in a vacuum.  People are involved.  Politics are involved.  I certainly hope Trump goes to prison and I recognize that is one of the several possible outcomes.  But if the last six years have demonstrated anything, it's there is wide chasm between logic and reality.   

Y'all believe he is going to prison.  Cool.  I hope you're right.  You want to throw shit at everyone who would lay money the other way?  Go fuck yourself.  Not everyone has to agree with you.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Even without the document itself, the recording serves a solid evidentiary purpose.  And, I think the inability to produce that document hurts Trump worse than the government.  In a case about absconding and withholding government records, it's not going to help to say "the government can't even find this document that is the subject of the recording."  O rly?

5-1 odds he makes that argument in court 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I think you are extrapolating way too much.  I'm certainly not saying this shit shouldn't be pushed as far as it can be pushed.  But, calling the "nothing is going to happen" crowd stupid is fucking asinine.  There is plenty of shit that should have stuck, but didn't.  And, as much as I may appreciate the legal analysis, the reality is there is no precedent - legally or politically - for sending an expresident or future candidate to prison.  The legal consequences here aren't like some trigonometric proof we can work through in a vacuum.  People are involved.  Politics are involved.  I certainly hope Trump goes to prison and I recognize that is one of the several possible outcomes.  But if the last six years have demonstrated anything, it's there is wide chasm between logic and reality.   

Y'all believe he is going to prison.  Cool.  I hope you're right.  You want to throw shit at everyone who would lay money the other way?  Go fuck yourself.  Not everyone has to agree with you.  

OK, first, there's a vast difference between TwiceHorn's "There's no guarantee that this will happen" and going full fatalistic "nothing will happen."

Secondly, it's absolutely fair to say that the "nothing is going to happen" dumbwits are showing levels of intelligence inappropriately low for a chordate because literally every argument you made, right here in this post, yet again, has already been addressed, beaten down, torn apart and shredded.

It is possible that nothing will happen. But if nothing happens, it is not going to be for the reasons you're saying. It's going to be because trials are by their nature unpredictable, because any time you get any case in front of 12 people you cannot possibly know the outcome, what judge you'll get, how he'll handle the case. Just about every other so-called "justification" from the "nothing will happen" crowd makes me wonder if you find yourselves regularly outsmarted by nearby garden snails.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Have they checked with the Saudi crown prince? Although I'm sure he's going to want a refund to give the documents back. 

Comer’s whistleblower has it, they just don’t know where both are at this time. 

46 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

OK, first, there's a vast difference between TwiceHorn's "There's no guarantee that this will happen" and going full fatalistic "nothing will happen."

Secondly, it's absolutely fair to say that the "nothing is going to happen" dumbwits are showing levels of intelligence inappropriately low for a chordate because literally every argument you made, right here in this post, yet again, has already been addressed, beaten down, torn apart and shredded.

It is possible that nothing will happen. But if nothing happens, it is not going to be for the reasons you're saying. It's going to be because trials are by their nature unpredictable, because any time you get any case in front of 12 people you cannot possibly know the outcome, what judge you'll get, how he'll handle the case. Just about every other so-called "justification" from the "nothing will happen" crowd makes me wonder if you find yourselves regularly outsmarted by nearby garden snails.

Now, I understand.  You think there is a reasonable chance that nothing will happen, but, in such a situation, the people who said nothing would happen are still stoopid, because they didn't correctly map out why nothing happened.  Sure "people are involved" has been shredded, but "any time you get any case in front of 12 people you can't possibly know the outcome..." is the kind of insightful, hard-hitting, analysis I come to this board for.  

Seriously, invest less in convoluted insults.  They aren't paying off. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Now, I understand.  You think there is a reasonable chance that nothing will happen, but, in such a situation, the people who said nothing would happen are still stoopid, because they didn't correctly map out why nothing happened.  Sure "people are involved" has been shredded, but "any time you get any case in front of 12 people you can't possibly know the outcome..." is the kind of insightful, hard-hitting, analysis I come to this board for.  
Seriously, invest less in convoluted insults.  They aren't paying off. 

The best insults are short and to the point, on this I believe we have consensus.
You possum-fucker.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tuco said:

I don't name any specific person or group. I describe a behavior. 

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

Sir, the justice system is unpredictable. Any time you get Infront of 12 humans, many of whom are imbeciles, you never know what can happen. 

BUT HOW DARE YOU THINK HE'S NOT GOING DOWN YOU NON ATTENTION PAYING CHICKEN FUCKER!

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The best insults are short and to the point, on this I believe we have consensus.
You possum-fucker.

And while you know that Tuco doesn't fuck possums, as an attorney you want Tuco to go on the record stating that he doesn't fuck possums, so that people are then asking "wait, why is Tuco talking about fucking possums? He's denying it, but if he doesn't fuck possums, why is he even talking about it in the first place?  Does he fuck possums?"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

And while you know that Tuco doesn't fuck possums, as an attorney you want Tuco to go on the record stating that he doesn't fuck possums, so that people are then asking "wait, why is Tuco talking about fucking possums? He's denying it, but if he doesn't fuck possums, why is he even talking about it in the first place?  Does he fuck possums?"

It easier when they play dead.
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So they engaged in 7 years of wrongdoing, and Trump was President for part of that time, yet did nothing.....

Well, he said some of it in Caps, so it makes me believe him.  It sure as hell adds credibility, considering that he's never done that before being indicted at any other time.  

Edited by BamaATL
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

My favorite is when he just starts shrieking in sentence fragments.

I guess he made up the "boxes in Chinatown" just made sure his minions understand Hunter Biden took money from China -- stored in Chinatown where all the Chinese live -- and not "Sauditown."  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

1,850 boxes sounds like a lot of boxes.  Plus, a "Corvette".

Sorry to quote myself, but this got me thinking.  I looked up the dimensions of a standard file box:  15" x 12" x 10", or 1.0417 ft3.  I looked up the standard dimensions of a garage bay:  20 ft x 12 ft x 8 ft, or 1,920 ft3.

How many file boxes could fit in a garage bay?  Why, ~ 1,920 / 1.0417 = 1,843.

That fucking idiot had someone calculate how many standard file boxes might fit in a standard garage bay and now he's quoting it as fact.  

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I guess he made up the "boxes in Chinatown" just made sure his minions understand Hunter Biden took money from China -- stored in Chinatown where all the Chinese live -- and not "Sauditown."  

"Jinatown"

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

My favorite is when he just starts shrieking in sentence fragments.

You know that phenomenon whereby a word losses all meaning when repeated over and over again rapidly? Yeah, that's called semantic satiation. Anyway, whatever that glitch is happens in my brain whenever he's bellowing into the ethereal void of the internet like this.

Just a BUNCHA BLATHERING BAH-BAH BABY BABBLE.

10 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

I don't understand why people keep saying "Oh, he's scared" or "He knows it's happening" when he makes an unhinged tweet (or whatever they call it in MAGAland). He's been saying these things for 8 years!

While true, in recent years, i.e. post presidency, they have correlated quite well to things he hears from his lawyers, i.e. you may be indicted this week.

There is a discernible difference the last couple of years.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Also, it's kind of interesting that of late his tweet things have said "election interference" and not "rigged" or equivalent.

Slightly more fact-based.  I wonder if someone in his campaign has told him he needs to ease up on the rigged/stolen bullshit.

I am still waiting to see how he managed to win in 2016 while losing the popular vote.  And yes, I know what the Electoral  College is.  Amazing how much he can bitch about losing in 2020 and nothing being said in comparison.

21 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Also, it's kind of interesting that of late his tweet things have said "election interference" and not "rigged" or equivalent.

Slightly more fact-based.  I wonder if someone in his campaign has told him he needs to ease up on the rigged/stolen bullshit.

I think he thinks that if he's running for president, he can't be indicted, or investigated, or arrested, or anything. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

I think it's not entirely uncommon to give a defendant's lawyers the opportunity to speak before a grand jury prior to indictment.

Assuming "Justice Department" means "Main Justice," that's not where a grand jury would be seated, though. They may be serving a copy of a sealed indictment, although it seems early in the morning for that.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, AnTiM said:

I am still waiting to see how he managed to win in 2016 while losing the popular vote. 

He was able to "thread the needle" by scoring upset wins in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania by razor-thin margins. Largely because Hillary didn't even campaign in two of those states (Wisconsin and Michigan). 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think it's not entirely uncommon to give a defendant's lawyers the opportunity to speak before a grand jury prior to indictment.

Assuming "Justice Department" means "Main Justice," that's not where a grand jury would be seated, though. They may be serving a copy of a sealed indictment, although it seems early in the morning for that.

Some of the tweet responses are suggesting that they're complaining about attorney-client privilege.  I think that ship done sailed.

I finally figured out the actual source of the "1,850 boxes" freakout.  Biden donated that amount from his Senate career to University of Delaware in 2012.  There is no evidence that any documents were classified.  Some might have been, but they need to be evaluated.

• Hook 'Em 1

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated