45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

12 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

While true, I think the very best we could expect before some CR themed post hit is about - three posts?

Maybe wait until that happens?  Oh no, that might offend the DT snowflakes.

This place is a fucking joke.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

He’s a flight reward, not risk.

Step 1: Trump flees to some foreign country willing to accept his pathetic, malignant ass

Strp 2: Trump hype machine gens up and lures the rubiest rubes to said foreign paradise 

Step 3: Profit

jk-simmons-burn-after-reading.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

With that all in mind, getting procedure correct makes a ton of sense, because a overturn on a venue technicality would seem to be the best odds for the defendant, not on the case itself.  

Yep.   For reasons I’ll never understand that worthless shithead must have a horseshoe up his ass, and is the luckiest pervert criminal dumbass walking the earth. Like stupid and criminal merges to becomes Teflon.

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Maybe wait until that happens?  Oh no, that might offend the DT snowflakes.

This place is a fucking joke.

315F2F5E-E559-4071-A4C9-2D7E509CC27A.jpeg.c5deebaf06240fa7830a63f9ceedb268.jpeg

“ I can post an unlimited amount of posts on a thread on the same site, and on the same subject for free. This aggression shall not stand!!!”

• Hook 'Em 1

OK... So... We'll thinks he gets convicted? 

Indicted to me means, "He'll be exonerated because he's rich and whatnot." 

Whatnot isn't the W word I would normally use. 

Without strong evidence, doesn't this backfire? 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

*Raises hand and has still seen the inside of a jail cell and still pissed this law and order POS hasn't*

Everybody should go to jail once as a young person.  Just for a night.  It will convince you to generally be a law abiding citizen for the rest of your life.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

*Raises hand and has still seen the inside of a jail cell and still pissed this law and order POS hasn't*

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Everybody should go to jail once as a young person.  Just for a night.  It will convince you to generally be a law abiding citizen for the rest of your life.

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

The wealthy should go to jail at least once, not because they're inherently bad, but because if they remain wealthy they will almost inevitably become bad.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

19 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Well you should’ve gone to jail for going to a vanilla ice concert. Fucking poser from Dallas pretending to be from Miami. 

It was kind of a unique situation.  It was a Vanilla Ice concert,  but Vanilla Ice took a personal day because he wasn’t feeling well, and I was one of many trapped in the basement of Bob Popular when they announced he wasn’t performing after a 4 hour delay.  People were angry,  the bouncers got violent, and APD threw anybody they got their hands on into the paddy wagon.  I was released with no charges early in the morning.  No fights, nobody got raped in the holding tank, it was just a shitty place.  Good life lesson.  Jail is bad, avoid going there.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Slacks said:

OK... So... We'll thinks he gets convicted? 

Indicted to me means, "He'll be exonerated because he's rich and whatnot." 

Whatnot isn't the W word I would normally use. 

Without strong evidence, doesn't this backfire? 

I don't think it matters.  Either way, he's "elected" president in 2024.  And I mean the quotes around "elected," because he's already done the dry run for stealing the presidency.  The sitting president isn't sitting in prison.  Or even being criminally tried.

• Rage+1 1

I have no doubt whatsoever that he intentionally kept national security secrets and sold them, or at least negotiated to sell them, to some bad people, probably Saudi. If it was just documents even his dumb ass would have given them back, he could still cry witchhunt to his merry band of morons and they’d eat it up just the same. There’s a reason he didn’t and why this is being prosecuted, he’s fucked, hope he dies is a pool of his own shit soon.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BamaATL said:

So Federal Prosecutors have a conviction rate of 95%, in part because most cases don't ever make it to trial.  That having been said, the odds of him beating one of the charges would be small, but possible.  The odds of beating 2 getting real small, but 7?  I'm tired, and I haven't calculated odds on this, but let's just say that would be extraordinary.  

With that all in mind, getting procedure correct makes a ton of sense, because a overturn on a venue technicality would seem to be the best odds for the defendant, not on the case itself.  

The federal conviction rate drops to about 83% at trial.  Still pretty salty.

This is not a very complicated case, as they go.  No novel legal theories (honest services fraud, obstruction of official proceeding).  To the extent there is specific intent, it sounds like Smith beat the bushes until he got evidence of it, from Trump's own mouth and his lawyers' notes.

I don't think there's much a jury can get confused on, or anything that's going to resemble a failure of proof of the elements of the crimes.  I don't believe there will be any "unique" POTUS defenses available.

It's going to take a real obstinate dickhead juror to hang this jury.  Maga world can supply those in spades of course and is well-represented in South Florida.  But, this case apparently is venued within Miami-Dade county, which is Biden country, and I believe jurors will be pulled mostly from that county, and not some of the more rural counties in the district.

I think it may be likely that the presiding judge extends the usual federal voir dire, ostensibly for the benefit of Trump.

But if you think about it, from an obvious bias standpoint, it will be much, much easier for the government to seat "fair" jurors than it will be for Trump to seat Magat jurors.  People that would be willing to say out loud to a federal judge that they will set aside their biases and judge the case on the evidence presented.  They're just not smart enough to do that convincingly.

• Hook 'Em 4

8 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

South Padre police feed you Whataburger in the drunk tank.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

9 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Love how in the minds of aggy, law enforcement, that announced 11 days before the election it was re-opening the investigation into Hillary (based on copies of e-mails they had possession of for a month) while keeping the public in the dark that they were investigating Trump, was in the bag for the libs, law enforcement's longtime traditional ally.

Obvious, yes, but bears repeating-

Goddamn insane.

Read five posts all stunning examples of projection, and I could read no more. The ones on that thread are the best articulation, including inability to conjugate verbs or choose the correct homonym, of that large plurality that is argument-proof. 

It takes a cult to know a cult. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

One thing, though, we're not going to hear shit from the government about the progress of the case or the evidence until the trial.  The only things we're going to hear about are Trump's pretrial motions,

[As always, I appreciate @TwiceHorn taking the time and clarity of speech to help guide my own opinions.]

Regarding the quote above:

We'll also hear months of lying propaganda spewing from Trump and even his opponents in the GOP race. We will be flooded with catch phrases, slander, and appeals to rage. This will be Trump's constant predictions about rigged elections run through a thousand megaphones except now it's the trial that's rigged.

Is jury nullification the term? To me it's jury tampering on a massive scale as intimidation will be on the table. I'd love to be on the jury and think I could be fair weighing evidence. I'd be absolutely terrified of having my name go public.

It's not important that the prosecutors leak to or protect evidence from the public. Enough is out there already. It may not be enough to convict, but what we know is fucking suspicious and calls out for criminal investigation and prosecution. The large plurality is absolutely blind to it. And will remain so.

I can't believe I'm going to write this without even a gram of humor: present the evidence to the public and perform summary executions. Remove the cancer root and branch.

But Roma, you're setting a precedent that the other side can turn against those who are pro-republic. 

They set the precedent of being willing to use mob violence to literally break into Congress, threaten violence to leaders of Congress, and stop the rightful processes of democratic transition to a new administration. 

I know I can't make a conclusive argument about the merits of summary execution.

I feel like I've tried to be reasonable with a mad woman who I used to know. She's slashing at me with a knife and has managed a few cuts to my arms and come close to my face. I'm backing up trying to calm her. I trip and fall backward. She rushes towards my exposed abdomen. Reasoning is over.

My only move is to kick that face with all of my force. Regain my footing intent on disabling her to disarm her. I'd rather not kill her, but I will destroy her ability to harm me or anyone else. I start by destroying a knee with a kick or taking a shoulder or/and elbow forcing the knife to be released.

I don't want to slaughter the plurality. I do want to disarm and destroy the leadership that makes them dangerous to me. From there, we'd see how it goes.

That's where I think we are. I just wish we could rapidly excise Trump and the scum in Congress devoted to him. So I return to the dark contemplation of the merits of summary execution.

Deep end. I'm right on the edge of sliding into it.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, RomaVicta said:

[As always, I appreciate @TwiceHorn taking the time and clarity of speech to help guide my own opinions.]

Regarding the quote above:

We'll also hear months of lying propaganda spewing from Trump and even his opponents in the GOP race. We will be flooded with catch phrases, slander, and appeals to rage. This will be Trump's constant predictions about rigged elections run through a thousand megaphones except now it's the trial that's rigged.

Is jury nullification the term? To me it's jury tampering on a massive scale as intimidation will be on the table. I'd love to be on the jury and think I could be fair weighing evidence. I'd be absolutely terrified of having my name go public.

It's not important that the prosecutors leak to or protect evidence from the public. Enough is out there already. It may not be enough to convict, but what we know is fucking suspicious and calls out for criminal investigation and prosecution. The large plurality is absolutely blind to it. And will remain so.

I can't believe I'm going to write this without even a gram of humor: present the evidence to the public and perform summary executions. Remove the cancer root and branch.

But Roma, you're setting a precedent that the other side can turn against those who are pro-republic. 

They set the precedent of being willing to use mob violence to literally break into Congress, threaten violence to leaders of Congress, and stop the rightful processes of democratic transition to a new administration. 

I know I can't make a conclusive argument about the merits of summary execution.

I feel like I've tried to be reasonable with a mad woman who I used to know. She's slashing at me with a knife and has managed a few cuts to my arms and come close to my face. I'm backing up trying to calm her. I trip and fall backward. She rushes towards my exposed abdomen. Reasoning is over.

My only move is to kick that face with all of my force. Regain my footing intent on disabling her to disarm her. I'd rather not kill her, but I will destroy her ability to harm me or anyone else. I start by destroying a knee with a kick or taking a shoulder or/and elbow forcing the knife to be released.

I don't want to slaughter the plurality. I do want to disarm and destroy the leadership that makes them dangerous to me. From there, we'd see how it goes.

That's where I think we are. I just wish we could rapidly excise Trump and the scum in Congress devoted to him. So I return to the dark contemplation of the merits of summary execution.

Deep end. I'm right on the edge of sliding into it.

Oh yeah, no doubt.

I am going to assume that the judge enters some kind of gag order on Trump similar to that in the Bragg case, maybe harsher.

And, similar to the Carroll case, I think the judge is going to insure that the jurors remain anonymous to the Trump side, at least.

• Like 1

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated