45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

[As always, I appreciate @TwiceHorn taking the time and clarity of speech to help guide my own opinions.]

Regarding the quote above:

We'll also hear months of lying propaganda spewing from Trump and even his opponents in the GOP race. We will be flooded with catch phrases, slander, and appeals to rage. This will be Trump's constant predictions about rigged elections run through a thousand megaphones except now it's the trial that's rigged.

Is jury nullification the term? To me it's jury tampering on a massive scale as intimidation will be on the table. I'd love to be on the jury and think I could be fair weighing evidence. I'd be absolutely terrified of having my name go public.

It's not important that the prosecutors leak to or protect evidence from the public. Enough is out there already. It may not be enough to convict, but what we know is fucking suspicious and calls out for criminal investigation and prosecution. The large plurality is absolutely blind to it. And will remain so.

I can't believe I'm going to write this without even a gram of humor: present the evidence to the public and perform summary executions. Remove the cancer root and branch.

But Roma, you're setting a precedent that the other side can turn against those who are pro-republic. 

They set the precedent of being willing to use mob violence to literally break into Congress, threaten violence to leaders of Congress, and stop the rightful processes of democratic transition to a new administration. 

I know I can't make a conclusive argument about the merits of summary execution.

I feel like I've tried to be reasonable with a mad woman who I used to know. She's slashing at me with a knife and has managed a few cuts to my arms and come close to my face. I'm backing up trying to calm her. I trip and fall backward. She rushes towards my exposed abdomen. Reasoning is over.

My only move is to kick that face with all of my force. Regain my footing intent on disabling her to disarm her. I'd rather not kill her, but I will destroy her ability to harm me or anyone else. I start by destroying a knee with a kick or taking a shoulder or/and elbow forcing the knife to be released.

I don't want to slaughter the plurality. I do want to disarm and destroy the leadership that makes them dangerous to me. From there, we'd see how it goes.

That's where I think we are. I just wish we could rapidly excise Trump and the scum in Congress devoted to him. So I return to the dark contemplation of the merits of summary execution.

Deep end. I'm right on the edge of sliding into it.

Ok, how did Brisket get a hold of Roma's account?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This is why he pivoted from “i declassified them” to “Biden has documents all over the place, can’t charge me if you don’t charge him” in his rants. 

Are his followers really too stupid to realize that Biden, being President and by Trump’s own argument, has the right to all the classified documents he wants and can declassify them with a mere thought? I mean, it’s a rhetorical question, I know the answer. But for fucks sake, Trump instinctively placing blame for his own crimes on someone else is just so completely preposterous in this case because he’s arguing two completely contradictory positions. The simple answer, Donny, is that Biden is President and you’re not. Never mind that when he discovered he had classified documents in his possession, he returned them without being asked. He has the power to classify and declassify. You don’t. You knowingly took documents, he didn’t. He returned his voluntarily, you didn’t. You were asked and you refused. You returned some and said that was all of them, that was a lie. You were subpoenaed and you fought it. You e obstructed justice time and time again throughout your presidency and this is just more of the same. The difference is that you don’t have the title of President to protect you anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Welp, at least we will always have the last 12 hours of fun.

Holy fuck, how does that happen? Is there an argument to be made that she should recuse? That’s a get out if jail free card. Was it al a sham?

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, The Dog said:

When the omertà breaks, the shit has hit the fan and it's difficult to dodge. 

Thus, the criminal organization rallies around their crook-in-chief, and will resort to any means to stay out of the talons of law enforcement.

Here's to long sharp merciless talons.

spacer.png

Edited by RomaVicta

3 minutes ago, Hammerin Hank said:

Isn’t she the same judge from the other Trump case in Florida? 

Yeah the one that made shit up in her ruling and delayed the case for months as they untangled her fuckery. It gave trump, the saudis, and whoever else he's been dealing with months more breathing room to cause more damage. 

https://newrepublic.com/article/169290/trump-aileen-cannon-eleventh-circuit

“The law is clear,” Judge William Pryor wrote for the unanimous panel. “We cannot write a rule that allows any subject of a search warrant to block government investigations after the execution of the warrant. Nor can we write a rule that allows only former presidents to do so. Either approach would be a radical reordering of our caselaw limiting the federal courts’ involvement in criminal investigations. And both would violate bedrock separation-of-powers limitations.”

The main thrust of the appeals court’s rebuke was not really directed at Trump, however. It was instead aimed at Judge Aileen Cannon, the district court judge who had initially approved the former president’s request for a special master to review the seized materials on privilege grounds. The Eleventh Circuit’s ruling amounts to not just a reversal of her decisions but a pointed rebuke of how she handled the entire case.

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I have no doubt whatsoever that he intentionally kept national security secrets and sold them, or at least negotiated to sell them, to some bad people, probably Saudi. If it was just documents even his dumb ass would have given them back, he could still cry witchhunt to his merry band of morons and they’d eat it up just the same. There’s a reason he didn’t and why this is being prosecuted, he’s fucked, hope he dies is a pool of his own shit soon.

I wonder if our intelligence services have sources in countries Trump could have sold documents to. I'd say it would be worth sacrificing that source (extracting them not leaving them for the dogs) to nail a spy president.

It's not like the intelligence he may have sold just disappeared into a vacuum sealed safety tank. People talk everywhere.

17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Wait what? Wasn't she the special master in this same case? How could she serve as the judge?

She was not.  But, on the search warrant for the same case, she was the assigned judge, so it makes a certain amount of sense that she would be assigned to this, and not at random.

So, that's certainly a bummer, but I think to a large degree she has probably been chastened by her spanking from the 11th Circuit, and, from what I can tell, she's not exactly pro-defendant by temperament.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

She's explicitly pro-trump by history and judicial record. She made up rules and rulings to support her specious shit and bought time for the fascists.

A lot of good it did them.  That ol pro-fascist justice system at work.  I was on record early that that would be a nothingburger and I was right.

If the 11th Circuit hadn't short circuited the whole thing, I don't think it would have ended well for Trump.

Edited by TwiceHorn

4 hours ago, lemonlime said:

The sitting president isn't sitting in prison.  Or even being criminally tried.

The sitting president is the head of the Executive branch - which controls the DOJ. He can simply order that all ‘witch hunt‘ charges be dropped, and with the separation of powers being what they are I do not see why that would be a problem.  Other than politically. 

Pardoning himself is a problem. Dismissing charges? I think it’s relatively easy.  If half the DOJ resigns because of that, he will be happy.

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Cmon GIFs | Tenor

Jack Smith ain't scurred.

I am virtually certain that they checked the "related matters" box knowing full well it would go to Cannon.  This was not a random judicial assignment.

Quit being so delicate.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, that's certainly a bummer, but I think to a large degree she has probably been chastened by her spanking from the 11th Circuit, and, from what I can tell, she's not exactly pro-defendant by temperament.

Susan? Is that you?

She may be limited in the amount of fuckery she can bring to bear here, but the bolded is some serious fanfic.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

@TwiceHorn is going to be just the worst for the next several months.

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

She was not.  But, on the search warrant for the same case, she was the assigned judge, so it makes a certain amount of sense that she would be assigned to this, and not at random.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I am virtually certain that they checked the "related matters" box knowing full well it would go to Cannon.  This was not a random judicial assignment.

Quit being so delicate.

Begin Lets Go GIF by Rosanna Pansino

30 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Fuck me running and dip me in shit.

Cannon!? Aileen Fucking Cannon!?

9 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Yep.   For reasons I’ll never understand that worthless shithead must have a horseshoe up his ass, and is the luckiest pervert criminal dumbass walking the earth. Like stupid and criminal merges to becomes Teflon.

6E1DBBBF-01AB-4ECB-B5D2-C9C474DC2D6A.jpeg.61cd76ca06cbab0d455d75cbf553d0ca.jpeg

• Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Quit being so delicate.

Yea. If politics could enter the selection, this removes the mantra of "the judge is a never Trumper." If the case against Trump is good, this layman thinks the judge can't just destroy it. Trump will turn on her, and that could work against him as she would be pushed towards impartiality.

I'll say that I'm kind of glad it's her.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So as Susan Collins would say, she’s learned her lesson?

Edit: obviously I’m late to the party on this one. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

Lulz at that transcript. "I have here in my hand, a secret classified document. I cannot declassify this now, you see, as I am not president. Hell, I'm probably guilty of crimes. Anyway, I knowingly stole this, and the FBI most definitely did not plant it. Lets see, what else can I say....."

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Everybody should go to jail once as a young person.  Just for a night.  It will convince you to generally be a law abiding citizen for the rest of your life.

It's not so much the jail cell, as it is how that steel door slams.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

A lot of good it did them.  That ol pro-fascist justice system at work.  I was on record early that that would be a nothingburger and I was right.

If the 11th Circuit hadn't short circuited the whole thing, I don't think it would have ended well for Trump.

IDK man, if someone was pouring sugar in my gas tank and letting the air out of my tires I'd get pissed about it. Not brag about how much abuse it can take.

If a nothingburger burns MONTHS of time as the ESPIONAGE defendant is allowed to continue espionage-ing, that should be a fucking concern dude.

We're going to be in for more fuckery and more specious delays in service of delaying justice, and the election is only getting closer and closer.

• Hook 'Em 3

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated