Texas @ Oklahoma State Series Thread

Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, rivin said:

Missed the game today while traveling for work, but glad to see the streak is still alive! Super annoying that there isn't a way to record ESPN+

You can play replays though right?

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

If we can find 1 more starter to step up with Gordon things are cooking for postseason play. 

I can think of one. 

Or maybe you mean in addition to Witt.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

If we can find 1 more starter to step up with Gordon things are cooking for postseason play. 

Hurley and LBJ will be our guys.

Edit: or yeah...Tanner Witt. But we haven't seen post surgery Witt yet.

Edited by Valmy77

10 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Hurley and LBJ will be our guys.

Edit: or yeah...Tanner Witt. But we haven't seen post surgery Witt yet.

This is the answer.

I don’t imagine Witt will be ready for starters innings anytime soon. That seems like it would be a pretty quick ramp up from zero live action

Just now, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I can see it now, the TJ surgery adds 5mph to his fastball. He returns in the conference tourney and pitches us to Omaha. 

I think he will be back in relief before that...but yes that sounds like a Texas Baseball kind of scenario.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Well they have a good program and good coaches too.  Thems just the breaks.  Unless we bungled it somehow. 

Rob Walton is a great pitching coach who pitched professionally and has been at OSU forever. No shame in losing a talented kid to him. Was just frustrating because he’s a true ace.

Woody Williams will have more credibility and a good story to sell to recruits and portal kids this offseason.

Edited by Hookem2147

29 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

16 in a row and 4-0 in conference play ain’t bad for a team that supposedly had shitty transfers, a shitty head coach and can’t field.

I don’t think anyone thought we had shitty transfers. We just missed on our two biggest targets

9 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Stillwater, OK and education at Oklahoma State

Vs

Austin, TX and education at The University of Texas

Boggles the mind.

But but but....I was told by billboards at the airport that oSu was a BRIGHTER shade of orange.

2 minutes ago, Horndog said:

@Homercles @Go Pokes @oSuJeff97 and other Okie State fans, I really liked the 2 dudes on the ESPN+ broadcast. Never caught their names.  Pretty insightful, knew the Texas players, had an OSU perspective but not unobjective homers. Good job.

The color commentator is Tom Holliday. He's Josh's (OSU's HC) and Matt's (MLB 04-18) dad.

Among other roles, he was the:

Pitching coach at OSU from 78-96

Head coach at OSU from 97-03

Pitching coach at Texas 04-06

• Hook 'Em 2

Meteoric rise. Too bad they were non-competitive that first weekend in Arlington, but that’s just a bad memory right now. 

Csf is doing pretty well in their conference and looks to be a decent team, no shame in playing them close for 3 games out there and only winning one. 

a win today would be pretty cool. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Meteoric rise. Too bad they were non-competitive that first weekend in Arlington, but that’s just a bad memory right now. 

Csf is doing pretty well in their conference and looks to be a decent team, no shame in playing them close for 3 games out there and only winning one. 

a win today would be pretty cool. 

Yeah, here is the RPI of Texas' seven losses:

N Arkansas: 4

N Missouri: 23

N Vanderbilt: 10

Indiana: 24

LSU: 3

@CSFU x2: 46

Those are all Quad-1 losses. Not bad. Also, Texas is now 8-7 in quad-1 match ups.

https://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2023/rpi-live