Texas @ Oklahoma State Series Thread

Horny Bull

16 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Feels like it’s our thing to suck ass in that series and then have a great season later on. 

Sure that Vandy game was an embarrassment, but overall we were tons better than the no-show in 2021. But it's February. It doesn't mean that much either way.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Sure that Vandy game was an embarrassment, but overall we were tons better than the no-show in 2021. But it's February. It doesn't mean that much either way.

Maybe I was conflating this year with 2021, or projecting the mu game across all 3 since it was the last of the tourney. 

OSU definitely has the advantage today with Watts-Brown on the mound, but I think Sunday sets up well for Texas assuming LBJ and Hurley are both available.

I am really interested to see the roles in this bullpen as this conference slate plays out. We have squeezed a lot out of Morehouse and Shaw so far. At some point we are going to need Tole/Howard/Burke/Grubbs/Whitehead to get some big outs for us. I hate that Chris Stuart has fallen off a cliff and can’t throw strikes. His stuff is nasty.

OSU definitely has the advantage today with Watts-Brown on the mound, but I think Sunday sets up well for Texas assuming LBJ and Hurley are both available.
I am really interested to see the roles in this bullpen as this conference slate plays out. We have squeezed a lot out of Morehouse and Shaw so far. At some point we are going to need Tole/Howard/Burke/Grubbs/Whitehead to get some big outs for us. I hate that Chris Stuart has fallen off a cliff and can’t throw strikes. His stuff is nasty.

Our advantage will be negated by our propensity to suck ass whenever the spotlight is on us. Pretty sure it’ll be a sweep.
  • Fuck You 1

Strategically having your number 2 go Sunday might be a winner.

Pierce did a good job last Sunday of stealing some outs with Duplantier, Walbridge and Whitehead. It may not have been pretty, but we won and longer term innings like those could keep the bigs guns fresh. They got key outs and Whitehead easily could have been scoreless too.

Tech just put up 20 versus TCU so they score.

I think we’ll see Shaw as the 8th inning guy with Morehouse in the 9th. Two years ago, we were Witt, Quintanilla the Nixon. I’d bet that’s where Pierce wants to go if able.