Booking Hotel for Under 21

Anyone have any experience booking a hotel room for children that are under 21?  I have an 18 and 20 year old going to see Taylor Swift in Houston later this month (no pics).  Need to book a hotel room for them, but Holiday Inn, Marriott, and Hampton all have policies of minimum age of 21 for check-in.

If you are a Hilton Rewards member you can check in/out in the app and use the app as your room key. You never even have to deal with a human. Hampton is a Hilton brand so it works there.  Just make sure when you make you reservation through the app that that particular property supports the electronic room key on the app.  Also make sure their phone doesn’t die during the concert. Im sure some Houston posters have an extra room to rent as well.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Comfort Suites / Choice / Sleep Inn hotels allow 18+ in most locations.  Not always the best locations though, especially in bigger cities.

Sleep inn tend to be "better" though and would look like in suburbs instead of Houston itself.

I have been able to book with Marriott and Hilton (Woodlands area) for a kid under 21 by calling and talking to a manager. Both required CC upfront and emailed a form to fill out and sign. They have no strict corporate 21 requirement, it's set on a property by property basis so they are in control of it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Anyone have any experience booking a hotel room for children that are under 21?  I have an 18 and 20 year old going to see Taylor Swift in Houston later this month (no pics).  Need to book a hotel room for them, but Holiday Inn, Marriott, and Hampton all have policies of minimum age of 21 for check-in.

I have two free rooms at my place 

4 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Marriott 806 Main St, Houston, TX 77002

has a metro stop that goes straight to nrg, almost at their front door. I’d get a hotel very close to a metro rail stop, downtown or med center has multiple stops. The downtown main line is lively, entertainment district. 

uber anywhere close to nrg will be a hot mess. If nothing else, ride the rail away from nrg and jump out in a busy populated area. Call Uber. I’m sure metro rail cops will be out in force too 

Edited by tx 3 putt

Pre concert , the further away from nrg you can get on the better. The trains will be full

post concert, you’ll be waiting with 1000’s of others to get on a train. No avoiding it. Sometimes you can jump on a train that’s going to the one stop past nrg to the parking area, then ride back to nrg and back to downtown. I’ll bet they have buses waiting to take you to the downtown depot. Avoid, ride the rail if you’re two young females. Better having your butt felt up vs being stabbed lol 

Edited by tx 3 putt

8 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If you are a Hilton Rewards member you can check in/out in the app and use the app as your room key. You never even have to deal with a human. Hampton is a Hilton brand so it works there.  Just make sure when you make you reservation through the app that that particular property supports the electronic room key on the app.  Also make sure their phone doesn’t die during the concert. Im sure some Houston posters have an extra room to rent as well.

This. I’ve shared the electrokic key with my kids many times and the hotel never would have known if I was actually with them or not. Check if the hotel actually has electronic keys though, I think a few Hilton properties still don’t. 

• 2 weeks later...