2023 No-Hitter/Perfect Game thread

shadow_operative2.0

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Great catch by Mookie saves the new kid in LA, but he likely won't get to finish. 

Called up and you immediately go 6.0 of no-hit stuff with 3 Ks and 2 BBs. Not bad at all, rookie. 

Edited by MuellerHorn

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

It was against the A's, so does it count?

Depends on your views of Matt Cain’s.

if you count his, you have to count this one.

csb: I happened to be in SF for that series in 2012. I randomly picked one game to go to in that series. It was the night before.

43 minutes ago, Scraps said:

ummm csb? I don't think it is random if they live in SF and are Yankees fans and the Yankees are playing right there

She isn't a Yankees fan.

I didn't know he was a Yankees fan.

They don't live in Oakland. 

No one goes to As games. Including them. 

There are two other games they could have been at.

So yes, I was fairly surprised to see that someone I know personally was at the first perfect game thrown in 12 years with 12,000 people in attendance. 

Oh wait! There's more.

That was the first As game she has ever been to. 

They had originally planned on going to the Tuesday game.

But you're right, I'm sure you and everyone else here knows loads of people that were in attendance. 

Edited by ztejas

So I was wondering last night if Oakland’s stadium contributes to a higher % of no hitters by turning foul balls into pop outs. Found a site that has  them broken down by ballpark, and it didn’t seem to have a huge affect.  I didn’t spend time normalizing in any way but there were parks open for similar timeframes that had similar numbers. 

fenway has the most at 14, probably not too surprising even as a hitters park just because of its longevity. 

Oakland has hosted 12 now in about half the lifespan of Fenway.  Similar to dodger stadium in frequency. 

safeco/T-Mobile in Seattle has had 6 since opening in 1999, similar ratio. 

https://www.nonohitters.com/no-hitters-by-ballpark/#:~:text=Forbes Field%2C home to the,most no-hitters with 14.

I guess another layer deep would be who has thrown them.  This pitcher and Dallas Braden were able to throw perfectos in that ballpark.  That seems less likely than Nolan Ryan throwing one there, which of course also happened.