2023 Rangers/Astros thread of hate

ztejas

On 4/4/2023 at 4:16 PM, Gucci_Suit said:

This is how I’ve always felt about it as a Rangers guy. Went to games at the dome and Enron and Minute Maid all the time and always pulled for the Stros as a secondary team in the NL. Now… H-town fans have become a tad bit mouthy, but you get to do that when you win. You get to talk shit and it’s ok. Our boys in Arlington are building something tho. Maybe this could actually be a rivalry- I don’t think both teams have ever really been good at the same time. 

Meh.  We had a zoom call at work today and dude closed his section with a shot of Altuve and Yordan smiling.  Some Dallas fuck has to jab about "3rd place teams don't get any pub on here..."  To which I promptly replied, "Yeah, the Juice Box has pennants from October and Novemeber, not trophies for April"  Dead silence.

Very, very rarely do i start shit.  Ranger fan/ DFW man always has to run their fucking sewer.

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

All 3 of you in this story are idiots

there are 2 in the story, there, brainwave.

Here's to you, non-reader dude!!!

bud-light-lgbt-rainbow-bottles.webp?w=16

Edited by slorch

12 hours ago, slorch said:

Meh.  We had a zoom call at work today and dude closed his section with a shot of Altuve and Yordan smiling.  Some Dallas fuck has to jab about "3rd place teams don't get any pub on here..."  To which I promptly replied, "Yeah, the Juice Box has pennants from October and Novemeber, not trophies for April"  Dead silence.

Very, very rarely do i start shit.  Ranger fan/ DFW man always has to run their fucking sewer.

Why do you guys have zoom calls at the Lubbock Walmart? “Zing!”

Edited by Gucci_Suit

14 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

You (1), dude who put Altuve and Yordan in a slide (2), and Dallas dude who responded (3).

math GIF

And like 38 other people on the call. The  exchange was between 2 people.

and fuck any non-baseball fans involved.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, slorch said:

And like 38 other people on the call. The  exchange was between 2 people.

Yes, and there were 3 idiots in the story.   A dude who puts pics of baseball players he likes in a work presentation might be the biggest idiot of the 3; that's an aggy level move.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Yes, and there were 3 idiots in the story.   A dude who puts pics of baseball players he likes in a work presentation might be the biggest idiot of the 3; that's an aggy level move.  

or a non-boring one.  I get your sentiment.  Just disagree with it.  The real content sucks bad enough on its own.  Trust me, the pics at the end were the best part.

DFW Man trying to run his fucking mouth just added to it.

Of course, this all could have been avoided with the TPS coversheets and closing page.

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

Lulz. Rangers beating that (sub .500) 3rd place ass

And what's Brownsville's record, shitbird?

This thread is for Rangers and Astros fans (you know, real Texans) to give each other shit, and it's all in good fun, kinda.  But you?  You can go jerk off to a Derek Jeter commercial.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

In all seriousness, I will be peaking at the series in Arlington this weekend.  Haven't decided who I would rather win yet.  Don't really HATE the Rangers, but then there is that AL West thingy...

• 1 month later...

Not really in the spirit of this thread but I want to give props to the Rangers. They’ve have been really impressive through the first 1/3 of the season.  1st offensively and towards the top in most pitching stats. The Astros are pretty banged up but have been scraping out a lot of wins yet not making up any ground. I’m looking forward to a tight race for a change.
Serious question for Rangers fans. How real does this feel.? Confident or just waiting for the bubble to pop? 

13 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Not really in the spirit of this thread but I want to give props to the Rangers. They’ve have been really impressive through the first 1/3 of the season.  1st offensively and towards the top in most pitching stats. The Astros are pretty banged up but have been scraping out a lot of wins yet not making up any ground. I’m looking forward to a tight race for a change.
Serious question for Rangers fans. How real does this feel.? Confident or just waiting for the bubble to pop? 

I feel more confident with Bochy in the dugout than I otherwise would, but the magic number is 103.  Get back to us when it is zero, or at least under 20.  I won't speak for other Rangers fans, but right now, I'm happy enjoying the ride.  We have not been competitive in years, and this team is putting up some crazy stats.  It's nice. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

That shouldn’t be much of a problem; RPs are usually available with some degree of abundance at the deadline. 

‘Pen won’t be a problem after we make deGrom closer, Dunning the 8th inning guy, and trade the entire minor league system for Ohtani….

23 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Need to add some bullpen pieces in the next couple months.

Yep.  Considering the Rangers have lost 11 games ( I think it's 11) games with leads after 7, if they even had half of them back you're talking neck and neck with the Rays right now.  

All of this without DeGrom, and without Seager for a month.  That's pretty stout.   

22 hours ago, Ignatius said:

‘Pen won’t be a problem after we make deGrom closer, Dunning the 8th inning guy, and trade the entire minor league system for Ohtani….

Lol.  That is idiotic at best.   Stuff I've heard thrown around for Ohtani on the Rangers end would be (Leiter/Foscue/Whomever pick#4 is/1 other) or possibly (Leiter/Duran/#4).   That's a lot, but that may be a bargain as well.  Just have to be prepared to pay $53-58mm/yr in a contract offer.