2023 Rangers/Astros thread of hate

ztejas

5 hours ago, beer said:

All these pages about how bad the Rangers suck, makes me think I am not reading the standings correctly. 

There are way more posts on this thread about how bad helobious sucks than Rangers hate. For Astros/Longhorn fans, Helo is Bob Stoops whereas the Rangers are more akin to aggy. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

There are way more posts on this thread about how bad helobious sucks than Rangers hate. For Astros/Longhorn fans, Helo is Bob Stoops whereas the Rangers are more akin to aggy. 

You've crossed the line.  Even the hate thread has limits. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

17 hours ago, beer said:

All these pages about how bad the Rangers suck, makes me think I am not reading the standings correctly. 

When you look at the standings, make sure you understand that the Astros have had a staggering amount of injuries, and they're getting healthy, and the Rangers have a bunch of guys having career years at the same time, and regression is almost certainly coming for at least a couple of them.  

I mean, everything that could have gone your way has, and you're up a whopping 3.5 games with over 100 left to play.

Calm your tits.

Edited by TexArcher

32 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

When you look at the standings, make sure you understand that the Astros have had a staggering amount of injuries, and they're getting healthy, and the Rangers have a bunch of guys having career years at the same time, and regression is almost certainly coming for at least a couple of them.  

I mean, everything that could have gone your way has, and you're up a whopping 3.5 games with over 100 left to play.

Calm your tits.

The Cy Young pitcher done for the season and the 3x All Star SS out for 30 games isn't exactly everything going the Rangers way. But they kept winning without them, so that's nice.

Maybe it's fleeting, but thus far it seems good managing, coaching, talented players and clubhouse chemistry could last. We'll see.

Anyway, Semien just doubled with the bases loaded and Adolis hit another home run. Maybe they'll start regressing tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Calm your tits.

This is the greatest blog of All Time — here's a response to “calm your tits ”

always an excuse with you trach can banging people

Edited by beer
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2023 at 8:01 AM, TonyTexas said:

Bad comparison. I never think about Houston at all and root for the Astros. Plus we all know Houston is the home of Aggy. 

For the Rangers fans that don't go to the Astros fans we had on our podcast a guest that was a former writer in the Metroplex for a lot of years to talk Rangers.  He's  a longhorn that posts a lot on inside Texas- W.W. McClyde.

Spotify

• Hook 'Em 3

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

This upcoming Rangers/Astros series is the biggest series between the two since... when? 2015?

2016.  Rangers won the division with a pythag record like 10 games worse than the Astros.  I guess you could make the argument that 2016 didn't matter as neither team was ready to really contend for the WS, but those series had big regular season stakes.  It feels like this is either the finishing touch on ending the Astros or else it's when the Astros turn their season around. I'm betting on the former. 

Anyway, I thought McClyde was great on the pod and I would love it if yall Rangers fans listen and find it enjoyable.  

On 6/28/2023 at 10:12 AM, Scary Stranger said:

The way they are both playing, they’ll split and we’ll be in the same place we are now.

Yeah I'd be feeling more confident if they didn't just lose a series to the Yankees and split with Detroit. Yeesh.

That said I predict a Rangers sweep and we're up 9 games next week. But they'll struggle a bit only score maybe 25 to 30 total runs instead of 40 to 50.

25 minutes ago, FartingDreamer said:

Fuck the Astros, those cocksuckers know we handed them those last two games.

And in three months, you can tell yourself that Houston didn't win the division as much as Texas lost it.

It don't make a shit to us.  It's another division banner for us either way.

Jesus, do we even hang those things anymore with two championships and five pennants?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Yeah I'd be feeling more confident if they didn't just lose a series to the Yankees and split with Detroit. Yeesh.
That said I predict a Rangers sweep and we're up 9 games next week. But they'll struggle a bit only score maybe 25 to 30 total runs instead of 40 to 50.

Don’t quit your day job. Go Stros.
  • Haha 1