TX-Air Force

texastroubadour

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

“These guys”, or these guys plus about 5 other guys who were better but left?

The latter. We aren't entirely the same team either.

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

And Carlson in at third! Pierce reads Surly!

God I hope not.

1 hour ago, tailgatetx said:

Doesn't the Academy stand with the players post game for the Eyes?

Yes. They stood behind the team (like they did last year) with their hats off during the Eyes.

Prior to that during the handshakes, after a big hug to Daly, you could see Kaz reaching into his back pocket and give him what was most likely an Academy or other Air Force Challenge coin. (in case you didn't remember or know, Daly's Dad is a 4 star general in the Army and his mom played volleyball @ West Point)

The crowd also gave AF a huge ovation and chants of USA, USA.

A number of UT players were on the AF side after conversing with the AF players and family members. 

It's too bad we don't play them every year.  

• Hook 'Em 7

7 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

If we play them again the Surly should send them some BBQ. Fuck it, these boys are going to earn it. I mean we still have a wreath fund right? 

Rotate every service academy as possible. It is an honor to have them on our field. 

Usually I try to get to ballpark about an hr ahead of time (too cheap to pay for parking unless it's Regionals or Super) to find a place to park, and as I walking up from the Tennis center area today, there was much more blue than orange at the Occupy LF tailgate. They not only had the regular beer flowing but a couple of grills for food. Friends and families of the players were treated well and taken care of. 

And I agree, it would be cool to schedule the different academy teams here.

2009 Regionals against Army was just as cool as today or last year's games against AF.

• Hook 'Em 3

I really love when we play AF. My dad retired from the Air Force, so grew up a military brat. My brother and I were both born at Bergstrom AFB. We have have that blue blood running through our veins. I root for them as much as I can. Air Force-Fly, fight, and win. 

We both went to UT too, so we have Burnt Orange sangre as well. Hook'em Horns. 

AF. UT. Respect. Always. 

• Hook 'Em 5

5 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Minchey making his Texas debut. Was someone we signed super late last year. Believe he was homeschooled and came on the radar after his senior year.

man when he came on I had to double check the roster….. he has a very odd bio when they mention his perfect game ranking.

16 minutes ago, Rholl said:

man when he came on I had to double check the roster….. he has a very odd bio when they mention his perfect game ranking.

He kinda came out of nowhere his senior year

Has good stuff though. Up to 93 today. And his dad pitched in the big leagues so it’s in the blood.

On 4/4/2023 at 8:23 PM, BillyGoatHill said:

Yes. They stood behind the team (like they did last year) with their hats off during the Eyes.

Prior to that during the handshakes, after a big hug to Daly, you could see Kaz reaching into his back pocket and give him what was most likely an Academy or other Air Force Challenge coin. (in case you didn't remember or know, Daly's Dad is a 4 star general in the Army and his mom played volleyball @ West Point)

The crowd also gave AF a huge ovation and chants of USA, USA.

A number of UT players were on the AF side after conversing with the AF players and family members. 

It's too bad we don't play them every year.  

19 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

Here is another. You can see the AF Baseball hoodie on the right-hand side of the photo.

AFBaseball.jpeg.1edc4002c217758183afe4fd7693ebac.jpeg

I hope we keep scheduling them. It seems like Pierce and Kaz have a good relationship going now.

FYI - Story in The Statesman mentioned that Pierce and Kaz have already agreed to a 2-game series in Austin next year.

• Hook 'Em 5