Cash App founder stabbed to death in San Francisco

ztejas

A para from one of the SFGate articles:

A man interviewed by The Standard described matching with Khazar Momeni on a dating app in 2019. He said he later met up with her and her brother at a bar and eventually visited her home.

Uh, that's kind of fucking weird.

It also seems strange that the sister and brother in law of the perp would show up to the arraignment.

Something strange is going on there.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

So the standard talking points are in place from the usual suspects in the press and local politics.  It's always nice when the citizens of a city proclaim that they don't feel safe, and that crime is getting worse, and someone with their own agenda shouts back, "But the stats!".   

Don't worry.  Austin is well on its way toward adopting all of San Francisco's terrible traits and none of its positive ones.  Give it a bit more time.  Just when things get their most ridiculous is when I predict the tech industry will pick up and move somewhere like Salt Lake City to continue its path of destruction.  Then we'll be saddled with failed policies and no jobs.  Awesome!

Say what you will about the fossil fuel industry's actions over the years, dude, but at least they contributed something. Tech has wrought nothing of significant value, but it has made a handful of dweebs and a ton of soulless PE folks really really ridiculously wealthy.

listened to Malcolm Harris on the Pivot Podcast back in February talk about his new book “Palo Alto” and some of the stuff he talked about blew my mind. Interview starts at 36:20 mark

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/pivot/id1073226719?i=1000602049936

Edited by Firemans4Horn

9 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

lol, you read a lot into what I wrote that wasn't there.  I didn't even mention homeless people, and I'm definitely not on whatever "team" you're talking about.

Statistics are as capricious as feelings, if not more so.  

And no, modern tech of the silicon valley variety has not added significant value when totaled.  It has added a lot of pointless nonsense and funneled much of our nation's treasure into the hands of vultures.  And to make it worse, the financial nonsense involved in making shit businesses look valuable has bled over into legitimate industries in order to milk that sweet sweet cash.  It will end in disaster.

Counterpoint:

not_hot_dog_app.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

This letter is from before this murder, but someone from Surly needs to tell the mayor of SF that her crime numbers are lower than many and in fact there is not a crime problem in her fair city. The Fed’s have too much on their plate to worry about such a totally normal place. 

Edited by Mullet Free
  • Fuck You 2

On 4/14/2023 at 11:56 PM, Mullet Free said:

This letter is from before this murder, but someone from Surly needs to tell the mayor of SF that her crime numbers are lower than many and in fact there is not a crime problem in her fair city. The Fed’s have too much on their plate to worry about such a totally normal place. 

You realize, of course, that drug dealing and drug consumption, while bearing a relationship to crime, particularly property crime, is not evidence of an out-of-control crime problem?

I believe if SF crime skews high in any particular category, it's property crime.  

41 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Totally normal, and like Austin, crime statistics are easily manipulated so take their numbers with a grain of salt. 

I would assume that crime stats, when manipulated, are all manipulated downward.  There's no incentive for anyone involved to manipulate them upward, except maybe FBI or BJS stats, but they're still subject to the raw data, which is where the manipulation starts.

I doubt that they're all manipulated uniformly downward, but I suspect they offer a pretty reasonable basis for comparison.

For example, I don't think you can say with a straight face that a city with a Republican administration jukes its stats any less than one with a Democratic administration.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 4/14/2023 at 9:56 PM, Mullet Free said:

Not a single person here has said that.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/14/2023 at 11:10 AM, Samson's Wig said:

lol, you read a lot into what I wrote that wasn't there.  I didn't even mention homeless people, and I'm definitely not on whatever "team" you're talking about.

Statistics are as capricious as feelings, if not more so.  

And no, modern tech of the silicon valley variety has not added significant value when totaled.  It has added a lot of pointless nonsense and funneled much of our nation's treasure into the hands of vultures.  And to make it worse, the financial nonsense involved in making shit businesses look valuable has bled over into legitimate industries in order to milk that sweet sweet cash.  It will end in disaster.

On 4/14/2023 at 10:56 PM, Mullet Free said:

Noted lifetime liberal Bill Kristol would like some words with you.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Why did you cunt nuggets fuck up a perfectly salacious story of super rich tech bro being murdered by fellow super rich muslim/persian (?) tech bro in an apparent honor killing for knocking the bottom out of his cheating whore Persian sister with political bullshit on homeless people? 

Why not both?

Is this real life or some sort of a Persian, Succession-like parody?

khazar-and-dino-in-happier-times-v0-uy4s

Edited by Chopper
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

2020 Homicides : NYC 460

2020 Homicides : State of Alabama 470

2020 NYC Population 8.8M, 5.3/100k.

2020 Alabama Population 5M, 9.4/100k.

2020 NY Population 20.2M, Homicides 836, 4.3/100k.  Also, according to the State, NYC finished up 468 in 2020.

Edited by TwiceHorn

We're supposed to take solace in homicides by square mile now?  Is that like the new "It's the Doors!" position?

I mean, this is breathtakingly stupid even for Surly.

I guess I'm better off in Anchorage or Jacksonville since those cities take up more square miles than anywhere else in America?

Or.....and just hear me out on this ChickenSandwich and other morons of that segment, but what if I switch my town to the metric system so that way there's no homicides per square mile?  BOOM!  Tough on Crime, Law & Order, Mission Accomplished.  Boo-YAH! 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 2

3 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

302 sq miles vs 52,000 square miles. Go where the action is hot. 

You could make a damn good argument that the population density of NYC requires better government to achieve a lower per capita homicide rate than a sparsely populates shithole like Alabama.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Efficiency. You get nearly double the murder rate for .58% of ground to cover. 

This has to be a bit.  There is no way you know how to spell AND ALSO think that murder rates should be compared by square footage?  

It's absolutely impossible you're that fucking stupid.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

This came across my news feed this morning and I was shocked to not find a thread on here about it. Wonder what Elon Musk or Fox News had to say.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shooting-leaves-4-dead-multiple-142218304.html

That side hasn't blamed rap music and heavy metal in a while. Bound to recycle that one again sometime 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Why did you cunt nuggets fuck up a perfectly salacious story of super rich tech bro being murdered by fellow super rich muslim/persian (?) tech bro in an apparent honor killing for knocking the bottom out of his cheating whore Persian sister with political bullshit on homeless people? 

Yep. "Just wanted to make sure your doing ok Cause I know nima came wayyyyyy down hard on you And thank you for being such a classy m a n handling it with class Love you Selfish pricks" it’s not clear if the victim got this text before he was stabbed three times and died. 

Sister is one classy dame. I have to wonder from the court documents if her brother might have also come after her. A quick read of them suggests the prosecution was concerned that there would be another victim. I’m guessing cheating whore sister for dishonoring the family? Or her brother wants to tap her ass? Or has tapped it? Such a fucked story.

Being ruined by crime statistics and homeless people stuff. Hey there are criminals in every race, shape, size, origin, sexual orientation. Not all can be rehabilitated. There are assholes everywhere. In every town. Every city. In government. In LE. In LAW practices all over. Tons of assholes and no excuses should be made for any of them. Fuck em all! 

13 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Totally normal, and like Austin, crime statistics are easily manipulated so take their numbers with a grain of salt. 

Insurance company: "So, they broke into your car?"

Car owner: "No, I left the tailgate open."

Insurance company:

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

When I lived in Honolulu, my truck kept getting broken into at work via the screwdriver-pounded-into-the-door-lock method, so I finally quit locking it, and then some stupid asshole busted the lock again with a screwdriver because he didn't check to see if it was open, so after that, I just left the windows open.

Of course, that was in the late 90's, so Chicken Sandwich should be posting a tweet about that any time now.

13 hours ago, YGIFS said:

We're supposed to take solace in homicides by square mile now?  Is that like the new "It's the Doors!" position?

I mean, this is breathtakingly stupid even for Surly.

I guess I'm better off in Anchorage or Jacksonville since those cities take up more square miles than anywhere else in America?

Or.....and just hear me out on this ChickenSandwich and other morons of that segment, but what if I switch my town to the metric system so that way there's no homicides per square mile?  BOOM!  Tough on Crime, Law & Order, Mission Accomplished.  Boo-YAH! 

This is the end??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1