Kansas State @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

He’s a middle reliever. Period

LBJ might be in the same boat (although his stuff is not middle reliever stuff but the command is still a work in progress), so maybe the answer is just to start piggybacking the two guys who can give you 3-4 solid innings.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

LBJ might be in the same boat (although his stuff is not middle reliever stuff but the command is still a work in progress), so maybe the answer is just to start piggybacking the two guys who can give you 3-4 solid innings.

I agree. Which looks like what might be happening now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Yeah I don't know if I want to be going into game of a regional or super with everything riding on a great Sthele start. But we'll see.

So long as that start is a planned 3 innings, i wouldn't mind. He hits a bit of a wall 2nd time through. 

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Definitely a higher ceiling with LBJ, but he's certainly susceptible to 3IP 5BB type starts.

2 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Definitely a higher ceiling with LBJ, but he's certainly susceptible to 3IP 5BB type starts.

Which is why trotting him out there for starts on Saturday is almost just as risky as Sthele.

It won’t make us feel any better but there are a lot of good teams around the country, including several SEC teams, who have 1 great starter and then are piecing things together the rest of the weekend. We aren’t alone in this boat. 

If this team had Gordon-Witt or Gordon-Watts Brown at the top of the rotation, we would be a top 10 team easily.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3

LBJ and Hurley may have more value if you can get a couple good innings out of relief versus them being meh starters. 

At this point, I think you just on Saturday and Sunday we know a lot of guys will have to give us innings. I actually think we have good pitching depth there just isn’t top end starting material after Gordon. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Which is why trotting him out there for starts on Saturday is almost just as risky as Sthele.

It won’t make us feel any better but there are a lot of good teams around the country, including several SEC teams, who have 1 great starter and then are piecing things together the rest of the weekend. We aren’t alone in this boat. 

If this team had Gordon-Witt or Gordon-Watts Brown at the top of the rotation, we would be a top 10 team easily.

I'd go with the higher floor guy on Saturday (Hurley), then LBJ with Sthele waiting in the wings on Sunday, when no one is going to have much pitching. If sthele doesn't have to go on Sunday, no problem throwing him on Tuesday.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Their starter who was striking everyone out for 7 innings was about the least demonstrative pitcher I’ve seen in this league, especially against us.  His manager kinda fucked him by leaving him in too long.  

100% the k-state manager had no fucking plan going into that inning. He needed to be ready to yank him after 1 baserunner. I think that’s when they finally got the bullpen active. You just can’t allow him to get stuck with 4 runs AND throw 125 pitches. Regarded AF