Kansas State @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Zane has now cost us two of the last four games. wonderful. Maybe we should consider a different closeout guy. 

Lolololololol if you think Morehouse cost us that game. Had to come try to clean up the mess another pitcher created.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Pierce said after the game that Shaw is unavailable this weekend and is dealing with some “tenderness”. Wouldn’t say anything further on it.

44 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Sounds distressingly "out for the season" like.

Yeah, that's generally code for UCL and Tommy John.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Zane has now cost us two of the last four games. wonderful. Maybe we should consider a different closeout guy. 

LBJ cost us the game. Morehouse didn’t give up an earned run. 
Bad pitching mgmt cost us that game.

We still struggle to understand when to make pitching changes and we far too often bring pitchers in under pressure because we were afraid to make a move earlier before the heat really turned up.

I also really hate going from LBJ to Morehouse in general but especially when we need a ground ball double play to get out. They are too similar in what they throw and the velocity they throw at.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

I also really hate going from LBJ to Morehouse in general but especially when we need a ground ball double play to get out. They are too similar in what they throw and the velocity they throw at.

I was going to mention this exact thing during the game and forgot. You oftentimes want to bring in relievers who are the total opposite of the guy they are replacing. Lots of crossover between LBJ and Morehouse. It’s why I wouldn’t have minded going to Tole in that spot.

Hindsight is 20/20. Could have gotten LBJ out of there one batter earlier but we had handled Culpepper well up until that point.

I think we have a longer hook in general with some guys because we’ve seen how fast they can go from having it to losing it to getting it back again. It’s also hard to have a ton of faith in the bullpen outside of the primary 2 or 3 guys so fast hooks mean you potentially dig yourself deeper holes moving forward in the series.

• Hook 'Em 1

I fully expect to see Neighbors again tomorrow if the game is close. These coaches don’t give a damn about long term health as we saw last week with Holliday throwing the same guy 3 days in a row. They want to be beat big bad Texas.

Fast start is super important.

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Made nearly identical comment to the group I sit with when Zane was brought in.

Always funny to see comments like “I miss Augie” or “Augie would never have a team like this” when the dude was literally fired for having some of the the worst teams this program has seen in a long time in 4 of his last 5 years.

The dude is a legend, but acting like he never made a mistake or had bad teams is hilarious.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Always funny to see comments like “I miss Augie” or “Augie would never have a team like this” when the dude was literally fired for having some of the the worst teams this program has seen in a long time in 4 of his last 5 years.

The dude is a legend, but acting like he never made a mistake or had bad teams is hilarious.

IMG_5420.gif.f086bc7ae96058b99248bb2c756a4948.gif

3 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

They took awhile to announce that Tanner needed Tommy John surgery too. He's most likely done. 

OB mod followed up again late last night and said he heard that Shaw won’t be out long.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The Witt thing also happened quicker than you are remembering. He was skipped on a Sunday and they announced he needed Tommy John the following Thursday morning. Just went back and looked it up.

I'm just grumpy cuz I've been pulled into an extended family ( I like 'em, but still) Easter Celebration over at my BIL's house today instead of going to the ball game.

Sooooooo, I have two tickets to today's game if anyone is interested.

PM me with your name and number and I can transfer.