Texas Alum Players start a TBT team

Ghost of Frank Erwin

11 minutes ago, Stringer said:

What a random assortment of Guys.

Sterling Gibbs?  Was Martez Walker busy?

Yeah I don't know who Sterling Gibbs is.

All the other guys were prominent players and not good enough to play in the NBA. Makes sense for the most part.

I wonder if they invited J'Covan or if he's sticking with his squad from last year?

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah I don't know who Sterling Gibbs is.

All the other guys were prominent players and not good enough to play in the NBA. Makes sense for the most part.

I wonder if they invited J'Covan or if he's sticking with his squad from last year?

He played at Texas one season, then transferred to Seton Hall, and then UConn I think. He actually ended up being a solid scorer towards the end of his career.

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Knowing Dexter Pittman is still in good enough shape to play competitive basketball will be a nice extra kick to the balls when I look in the mirror and think about my fitness trajectory since college.

I mean he hasn't played for a legitimate club since 2016. I doubt he's in great shape.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

dexter pittman vs unc in 2009 was awesome. a man amongst men that day. 

Clowning UNC in hoops. A Texas tradition so strong, not even Shaka could fuck it up (3-0 vs #3, #7, #14) . 

https://texassports.com/sports/mens-basketball/opponent-history/university-of-north-carolina/189

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1

i loved the way roy williams would always insist on playing his own style, aka making it a track meet with his large athletes, aka playing right into the hands of coaches who themselves recruit large athletes and who happen to struggle with half court offense. instead of forcing us to score in the half court, he lets us run with our athletes, and ends up making kerwin roach look like prime russell westbrook:

CD22C578-B73A-4C20-A052-42CF06B9DFEA.jpeg

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1