Long term vehicle storage

Elvis

8 hours ago, Elvis said:

I've decided to keep my Avalanche for my son to drive in a couple of years,  but I need a new place to store it.  A covered spot anywhere around Round Rock or Austin is what I'm looking for.  Any recommendations?

Used cars are pretty pricey still.  Probably makes more sense to sell now and re-buy something in a few years.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Elvis said:

I've decided to keep my Avalanche for my son to drive in a couple of years,  but I need a new place to store it.  A covered spot anywhere around Round Rock or Austin is what I'm looking for.  Any recommendations?

Aren’t you in the construction business?  Do you have a warehouse?  

On 4/14/2023 at 10:09 AM, Elvis said:

If you don't mind an hour and a half drive there's several enclosed facilities around Lake Somerville for about $60. I've kept my boat there for 10 years and never had an issue.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/15/2023 at 9:46 PM, Gil Bang said:

OP, if you decide to store this POS, you need to get a mechanic to help you take it out of service.  Drain some fluids, put jackstands under it, etc. 

Terrible advice. Just go park it at a random storage lot, pay $60/mo for a couple of years and show back up when the kid is ready to drive. That baby will start right back up with no problems. I see no downside to this plan.