NEW Texas F00Tball training facility!!!

D3zii

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You're probably right but as I stated in the other thread, no reason the fields shouldn't be regulation. 

image.png.f3129f91f03f08301d129564bb3e21d3.png

Just eliminate the road circled in blue and you have a ton more space to give full size field. 

No idea what the purpose of the strip is circled in red.

Could have made great use of that space circled in black.

After looking at Google Maps, I think the part in the top left is at least somewhat required for the Swimming Center to function.

19 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

After looking at Google Maps, I think the part in the top left is at least somewhat required for the Swimming Center to function.

Wasn’t the swim center on the chopping block at one point as well to be built anew elsewhere, maybe as a possible basketball arena site that wasn’t selected?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Kickoff and punt practice on a field that isn’t regulation is a big deal Imo. Especially when we convert back to grass on the main playing field when this is completed. You’re not going to want to practice on the main field with natural surface.

Go around the country and look at top teams and see if their outdoor practice field is regulation or not. I bet most are full size regulation. 

dude they can just kickoff from 10 yards farther back and it will be the exact same

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Northwestern’s new faculty is perfect. 

Doubtful. They probably hire a bunch of midwestern, box faced, open-toed sandal wearing, patchouli stank women. Unless you’re in that sort of thing.

• Haha 1

I'm aware the campus is city locked and unlike most college towns is competing for space with multi-billion dollar tech companies instead of grazing pasture, but if it were up to me I'd tear down whatever needs to be torn down to give these new facilities space to breath and be impressive to even non sports fans.

And ffs go underground and above ground for parking. Basically whatever it takes to maximize the given space without having to park miles away from everything. Longhorn football is not only the lifeblood of all non revenue sports..it's the face of the school to most people no matter which state or country they're from or which sport they favor.

• Hook 'Em 4

crop?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdxbhsrqyrr690.cloudfront.net%2Fsidearm.nextgen.sites%2Fcubuffs.com%2Fimages%2F2016%2F6%2F29%2F2016_CU_Aerials_Athletics25GA.jpg&height=360&width=600&type=jpeg&gravity=smartcrop?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdxbhsrqyrr690.cloudfront.net%2Fsidearm.nextgen.sites%2Fcubuffs.com%2Fimages%2F2016%2F6%2F21%2FIPF.jpg&height=360&width=600&type=jpeg&gravity=smartcrop?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdxbhsrqyrr690.cloudfront.net%2Fsidearm.nextgen.sites%2Fcubuffs.com%2Fimages%2F2016%2F8%2F24%2F2016_CU_Aerials_Athletics16GA.JPG&height=360&width=600&type=jpeg&gravity=smart

Texas money should be able to top this.
I watched a few eps of Deion's son documenting the first few weeks in Boulder...every time I see that indoor practice facility then mentally compare it to the bubble (which should have been replaced 15 years ago minimum) I and
  • Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, ousux said:

I'm aware the campus is city locked and unlike most college towns is competing for space with multi-billion dollar tech companies instead of grazing pasture, but if it were up to me I'd tear down whatever needs to be torn down to give these new facilities space to breath and be impressive to even non sports fans.

And ffs go underground and above ground for parking. Basically whatever it takes to maximize the given space without having to park miles away from everything. Longhorn football is not only the lifeblood of all non revenue sports..it's the face of the school to most people no matter which state or country they're from or which sport they favor.

Pretty sure the face of the university is the Tower.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, MrBig said:

We should just bulldoze the LBJ School and use all of that space for football stuff instead of it being mostly a big fucking parking lot

I agree. LBJ’s parking lot is excessively huge. I’ve never seen it close to being half full. Even on game days. I assume the library controls the land, and not UT. Otherwise, they would have utilized the space long ago. 

51 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Too bad CDC et al didn't know they had so many experts willing to pitch in with their free design advice. Could have saved some serious coin

You would think by now he would understand the crippling despair felt by all Texas fans when co-workers and aggy make fun of facilities best suited for poors.

That shit needs to look like Versailles.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/15/2023 at 3:39 PM, rantanamo said:

Interesting to see our fandom still doesn't understand how far behind we our.  This doesn't move that needle one bit as better facilities than this existed 10 years ago and are already being replaced.

It moves the needle from negative to average.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 4/15/2023 at 6:45 PM, ousux said:

I watched a few eps of Deion's son documenting the first few weeks in Boulder...every time I see that indoor practice facility then mentally compare it to the bubble (which should have been replaced 15 years ago minimum) I emoji51.png and emoji85.png

Meh, the Tech place looks better.

On 4/15/2023 at 8:30 AM, YGIFS said:

You serious, Clark?  I spent a lot of time in that building, it's a shithole.  Most of the kids in that daycare have asthma from the shit in the ceilings.  It's a dank, pre-war shitheap.  Only redeeming quality is it has nice legacy oaks to the west of it.  

We really do to need to address the Jester Question though.

The outside was/is nice.  The inside can be renovated.  I like the traditional tile roof and brick buildings.  All the late oil boom buildings are ugly (PCL, the rust bucket, jester, etc). 

• Hook 'Em 3