NEW Texas F00Tball training facility!!!

D3zii

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

So does this mean something can block the view from the NEZ, or that the NEZ can get higher to block another view?

Pretty sure it is being interpreted that we can make the SEZ even bigger and more bowl-like and fully closed off (like the below), but not sure if there are plans of that happening. 

44 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Pretty sure it is being interpreted that we can make the SEZ even bigger and more bowl-like and fully closed off (like the below), but not sure if there are plans of that happening. 

That master plan conception was abandoned. What we have is the final state of the sez for a good long while. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Agree, and I would rectify the over-capacity issue with fewer benches and more seats. But I think that also is too big a footprint and would require demo of the rsc. 

Tbh all they needed to do was make the section below the scoreboard join into the stadium better and not have the longhorn shape built into the seating.  

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Tbh all they needed to do was make the section below the scoreboard join into the stadium better and not have the longhorn shape built into the seating.  

The SEZ looks completely different than the rest of the stadium in its design.  I don't accept the footprint issue - as the new football training facility shows, is if there's a will there's a way to overcome that, it's just money and the AD has loads of it.  Money is the reason we got the SEZ we did and not the master plan in the model: the current SEZ adds a bunch of luxury boxes vertically on the edges that wouldn't be possible under the master plan version above.  Those lux boxes generate millions of dollars of additive yearly revenues to the AD that closing the stadium into a bowl would not.

16 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

The SEZ looks completely different than the rest of the stadium in its design.  I don't accept the footprint issue - as the new football training facility shows, is if there's a will there's a way to overcome that, it's just money and the AD has loads of it.  Money is the reason we got the SEZ we did and not the master plan in the model: the current SEZ adds a bunch of luxury boxes vertically on the edges that wouldn't be possible under the master plan version above.  Those lux boxes generate millions of dollars of additive yearly revenues to the AD that closing the stadium into a bowl would not.

We don't need a 115-120k capacity stadium. There is nothing wrong with this portion of the section:

image.png.724f337a94c93b03fd7bebc57771fdea.png

The problem is that the way they tied it into the existing stadium and using the longhorn cutout. If they blended the red sections into the East and West similar to the NEZ in those it looks a shit ton better. Even if you want to use premier style seating in that section.

image.png.856a11e2fb35261ddf9149cf3060bd31.png

IMO they did a really nice job of tying in the SEZ exterior into the existing as well.

3,637 Texas Stadium Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

Enjoy my MS Paint shitty photoshop of how it could have looked:

image.png.5654d00ea1f5d426b9a492e0c4db9a57.png

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We don't need a 115-120k capacity stadium. There is nothing wrong with this portion of the section:

image.png.724f337a94c93b03fd7bebc57771fdea.png

The problem is that the way they tied it into the existing stadium and using the longhorn cutout. If they blended the red sections into the East and West similar to the NEZ in those it looks a shit ton better. Even if you want to use premier style seating in that section.

image.png.856a11e2fb35261ddf9149cf3060bd31.png

Enjoy my MS Paint shitty photoshop of how it could have looked:

image.png.5654d00ea1f5d426b9a492e0c4db9a57.png

First, your MS paint skill are shit.  So congrats you can stay on Surlyhorns.

Second, I agree.  The tie between the SEZ and the rest of the stadium is horribad.  Allthough they'd probably upsize the upper part because in your shitty MS paint it looks dinky now.  Hell they coulda added 2 more columns of luxury box stacks on either side.  Probably would oversaturate that market however.  Aside from the tie in, the materials just look "off."  They're using exposed metal all over the new SEZ and you don't see that anywhere else - the rest of DKR is stone and rock.

Without knowing the engineering and everything underneath, at minimum they would have had to demo the majority of Sections 1 and 32 (and the underlying concourses) to make that seamless transition in the SEZ like the NEZ. Yes, that would have been more aesthetically pleasing, but I would guess that expanding the scope and duration of the construction and the displacement of those seats was deemed to be prohibitive.

The Capitol view corridor bullshit needs to die. The building is full of dumbfucks and fascists anyway. Nobody needs a view of it.
I really don't care tbh, there are better views of the Capitol building than inside DKR, and do TV cameras even use that particular view? Maybe LHN but I can't recall the other networks. I just want a gotdam indoor practice facility that isnt an embarrassment. I wouldnt be shocked if there were a few txhsfb programs that have better than the bubble.

10 hours ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Texas A&M football stadium cake.JPG (1 comment) | Aggie wedding, Birthday  cake pictures, Cake

it was before the remodel, but it shows those "good bones" they were working with to start

14 hours ago, DaysOff said:

The Capitol view corridor bullshit needs to die. The building is full of dumbfucks and fascists anyway. Nobody needs a view of it.

And St Peter's had some bad popes and the Hollywood sign was put up by a developer who was probably really greedy or something so let's go blame those structures, too, and block a bunch of iconic views. What a silly argument.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

And St Peter's had some bad popes and the Hollywood sign was put up by a developer who was probably really greedy or something so let's go blame those structures, too, and block a bunch of iconic views. What a silly argument.

It was actually the Hollywoodland sign.

spacer.png

15 hours ago, DaysOff said:

The view corridors are the only fucking thing the City of Austin has done right in the last 50 years.

Why don’t they bulldoze Barton Springs & Zilker Park while they’re at it?

It is my birthright to be able to see The Capitol of The State of Texas from various parts of “town” without having to stand next to it.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, PTINS said:

The view corridors are the only fucking thing the City of Austin has done right in the last 50 years.

Why don’t they bulldoze Barton Springs & Zilker Park while they’re at it?

It is my birthright to be able to see The Capitol of The State of Texas from various parts of “town” without having to stand next to it.

Yeah but they allow a fuck ton of skyscrapers to be built all around it. It’s a pretty stupid policy that needs to die and your stupid examples are just as stupid as that policy. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

19 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah but they allow a fuck ton of skyscrapers to be built all around it. It’s a pretty stupid policy that needs to die and your stupid examples are just as stupid as that policy. 

That's the beauty of the policy - instead of a blanket height cap that throttles growth like Washington or pre-80s Philly, it protects the classic views and still lets developers build cool shit through most of downtown.

Cincinnati's new practice facility is going to be incredible. For those who don't know, their campus is full of cool contemporary buildings - they've spent on huge names like Michael Graves (an alumnus), Frank Gehry, and Thom Mayne and it shows.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

That does look way more interesting and unique than ours admittedly. If a recruit decides to go elsewhere because he prefers the architecture of their practice facility I will have to respect their decision, at least it wasn’t all for the money.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think it's 10% impress the recruit, 10% impress the media, and 80% enabling alumni to brag about it to their non-alma mater friends/colleagues which they internalize and turn into more donations.  'Cause I was literally staring at the practice bubble after a dive taco joint lunch an hour ago and I don't know which one is making me feel this way but Imma take a hot shit in Steve Patterson's name in a minute. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Cincinnati's new practice facility is going to be incredible. For those who don't know, their campus is full of cool contemporary buildings - they've spent on huge names like Michael Graves (an alumnus), Frank Gehry, and Thom Mayne and it shows.

chris farley gifs | WiffleGif

9 hours ago, texifornia said:

Humph, that’s nothing special. You should see the one aggy is building. It will cost eleventy billion dollars.

On 5/11/2023 at 1:36 PM, texifornia said:

In ten years when "contemporary" changes to something new, it'll look like crap. As it stands today, it looks like a fucking accordion... who's up for polka?

FvtuyYPWcAEYIJd?format=jpg&name=medium

I would remove the upper deck and make the stadium as symmetrical as possible. It’d probably end up around 85-90K capacity which is about right.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Might as well make this the football facility catch all thread. Does anyone have the renderings of the recruiting space? The led lighting is that strip lighting around the stadium like Bama and other schools have, right?

I thought they are changing out the big stadium lights from Mercury vapor/HPS/halogen or whatever to LED