Dallas Stars 2023 Playoffs Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

I’d assume Robbo is carrying an injury (like Seguin in the playoffs in years past). 

Except that he did the same thing in last season’s playoffs. I’m concerned for what he’ll ultimately be as a playoff player.

The problem with Lindell, at least in this series, is when he’s bad (and the team’s bad) he’s like really bad. He was -3 in Game 1 of this series and is -2 tonight.

LOL — 6-1 now on a shorty

So I flipped over to the news at 4-0 with the game on DirecTV’s PIP feature. What did they say about Miro in the intermission? I see that he didn’t log any additional ice time after leaving. Now, there’s probably no need to put him back in even if he’s stitched up.

Suter was fucking terrible on the shorty. Didn't take away the pass, engaged way too fucking late, stick not covering the inside. Like... just lazy effort.

Our last penalty we took with Miller, I'm not going to say it was a dive, but getting hit in the hips usually doesn't make you go down, it's where you're most stable, especially when both of your skates are on the ice and you're not crossing over.

We need to adjust our strategy because the biggest issue has been Seattle just reading everything we're trying to do. Puck moves faster than the play and Seattle has been in the right place most of the time.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

offense has got to get going in game 4. 

2 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

Suter was fucking terrible on the shorty. Didn't take away the pass, engaged way too fucking late, stick not covering the inside. Like... just lazy effort.

Our last penalty we took with Miller, I'm not going to say it was a dive, but getting hit in the hips usually doesn't make you go down, it's where you're most stable, especially when both of your skates are on the ice and you're not crossing over.

We need to adjust our strategy because the biggest issue has been Seattle just reading everything we're trying to do. Puck moves faster than the play and Seattle has been in the right place most of the time.

Agreed on offense needing to get going. But you see this all the time — “underdog” teams play with all kinds of emotion in the first game back home and the veteran team (hopefully, us) regroups and wins a tough next game. That’s what I’m hanging my hat on, at least.

Would love to see Robertson get something here in garbage time that he can hopefully build on for the remainder of the series.

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

Lol, just saw the replay on the short handed goal. Wedgewood looks like a little league goal tender. He was 2/3 of the way towards the boards when the pass was made. Good lord man, stay in the crease. 

I think we can both agree that he is a dreadful goaltender. I’ve been banging that pot all season. We need a more capable backup netminder next season.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think that was Harley that just played that 1 on 1 rush with a trailer. Plays it way fucking better than Suter and prevents the shot or pass from getting off because he engages early enough and takes away time and space. It's promising to see that from him and makes me drink my bourbon faster thinking about how long Suter has been in the league and can't give a fuck to engage.

I didn't even bother to watch the 3rd.  Absolutely pathetic performance all the way around.   Inexcusable to no show like that in the playoffs.

Not that it would’ve made a big difference but this is a completely different team without Miro. It was night and day.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Not that it would’ve made a big difference but this is a completely different team without Miro. It was night and day.

Oh for sure.  That was clear. But still really no excuse for a team thought to be a strong contender for the cup to just fall apart like that when Miro went down.  This team is not 4 additional goals in a period worse without Miro.  That was shit focus and effort across the board.

Oh for sure.  That was clear. But still really no excuse for a team thought to be a strong contender for the cup to just fall apart like that when Miro went down.  This team is not 4 additional goals in a period worse without Miro.  That was shit focus and effort across the board.

Agreed. But in a stretch as long as a Cup run is you’re gonna have a clunker or two. Add that to the opposing building being on fire and it can snowball. The good thing is they don’t get to carry any of the seven forward into Game 4!

does DeBoer put Pavs back on the top line, and should he? I kinda think yes, he does. Seguin will be fine and something has to unclog robo. We need a real threat 1st - something for them to have to think a lot about. the rest of the team should get more room because of it. I dunno, that's not my jerb

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

does DeBoer put Pavs back on the top line, and should he? I kinda think yes, he does. Seguin will be fine and something has to unclog robo. We need a real threat 1st - something for them to have to think a lot about. the rest of the team should get more room because of it. I dunno, that's not my jerb

Talking Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

I swear there really is a simpsons clip for everything

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

Solid reverse-jinx. Have some rep.

Lol. Before I opened this I was thinking, damn, that’s not bothering him.

Also, if we keep playing with this enthusiasm we will win by 3. Seattle is playing prevent like we did with a lead at the first of the season. I like it.