Dallas Stars 2023 Playoffs Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

That's why we hired DeBoer. Hell yeah

I remember a lot of “meh” at the DeBoer announcement. Hell, I’m not sure what I thought but I definitely was ready to move on from Bowness. DeBoer is a fucking stud of a coach.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, flatdawgs said:

Fun season for the Squid. 🦑 You guys have a hell of a team - probably the most balanced left. Congrats and good luck! 

Hey get out of here ya Krackhead

But for real, after the series with the wild, it was nice watching actual hockey without the dirty shit and flopping. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

In my opinion, that was the highest hurdle left between us and the cup. Wild and Krajen are both better than Vegas

Yeah the 1st place team in the Western Conference is clearly worse than the 6 and 7 squads. 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Hey get out of here ya Krackhead

But for real, after the series with the wild, it was nice watching actual hockey without the dirty shit and flopping. 

This is the first playoff series I can remember that we finished without ever really hating the opposing team or an opposing player. There was no Brian Marchment or Matt Dumba in this one. 

on the one hand, that’s refreshing to just watch hockey. On the other hand, it’s kinda boring.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

This is the first playoff series I can remember that we finished without ever really hating the opposing team or an opposing player. There was no Brian Marchment or Matt Dumba in this one. 

on the one hand, that’s refreshing to just watch hockey. On the other hand, it’s kinda boring.

the level of officiating was 100x the first round series as well. Really well called 7 game series. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Totally agree. Was trying to think of college football player I’ve hated as much as Brian Marchment.

Never a fucking doubt. 

Seattle is a good team and they are well coached. PD has a a great way about him and I’m so thrilled he’s our coach. Playoff hockey is so great. 

Vegas - we got ‘em in 6 games. Carolina in 7. Otter will look much better in WCF. 

That was awesome.  Ticket prices held up ridiculously strong for a Monday night but well worth last minute splurge.  And while at Hero post-game me and a buddy tentatively booked flights for Vegas Saturday afternoon and back Sunday night.  Only to get immediately reminded my wife is attending one of her best friends 40th and out of pocket Saturday and son has 2 sports games Sat afternoon.  So, good luck to me figuring this one out to make it happen.  Grandparents need to come up clutch

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Skipper said:

That was awesome.  Ticket prices held up ridiculously strong for a Monday night but well worth last minute splurge.  And while at Hero post-game me and a buddy tentatively booked flights for Vegas Saturday afternoon and back Sunday night.  Only to get immediately reminded my wife is attending one of her best friends 40th and out of pocket Saturday and son has 2 sports games Sat afternoon.  So, good luck to me figuring this one out to make it happen.  Grandparents need to come up clutch

bring the kid to Vegas with you. What’s the worst that could happen?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Skipper said:

We were laughing walking out of the arena that we must have overheard 50 conversations of people talking Vegas fights for Friday.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

fox GIF by The Grinder

Thought Kraken especially were a really tough matchup with their forechecking.

They are clearly better than Florida. Carolina is better than Vegas and Kraken. 

Florida just dusted Boston (135 points) and Toronto (111 points) back-to-back. They won the Presidents Trophy last season. The Panthers had an up-and-down regular season but seem to have figured it out now. Yes, I think I’d take Florida over Seattle at this point.

• Drool 1

The Friday start is huge.  I thought for sure they were going to kick this off Weds or Thurs at latest.   I thought Vegas would have a big rest advantage but this helps us reset.  Don't know what TV conflicts drove the decision but nice break for us.

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

The Friday start is huge.  I thought for sure they were going to kick this off Weds or Thurs at latest.   I thought Vegas would have a big rest advantage but this helps us reset.  Don't know what TV conflicts drove the decision but nice break for us.

Might just be that the eastern teams both finished before both western teams so they got the first slot.  That it’s th/fr instead of wed/thur is nice. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Might just be that the eastern teams both finished before both western teams so they got the first slot.  That it’s th/fr instead of wed/thur is nice. 

Right.  And I have no doubt they wanted to stagger that series with Celtics/Heat for FL viewership.  I just saw some chatter/speculation yesterday from Stars or NHL media folks (can't remember where) that the NHL may not want 2 nights off so might go ahead and kick our series off Weds.  Glad that wasn't the case.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Florida just dusted Boston (135 points) and Toronto (111 points) back-to-back. They won the Presidents Trophy last season. The Panthers had an up-and-down regular season but seem to have figured it out now. Yes, I think I’d take Florida over Seattle at this point.

East is weird. The champ will come out of the West. And no, a 92-point winner with shit goaltending is not better than Seattle and certainly not fucking Vegas. 

I too am real surprised they didn't start us on Wednesday. I'm glad though because I'm going to a show that night. Now i can do both!

I can see the argument for Vegas being the weakest team we play yet. They had the easiest path to this point, even with playing Edmonton. I'd say our forwards and goalies are better. Their defense is probably their strongest suit, but i question whether Hill and Quick can get it done. We'll see!

Not a Stars fan per se but like it when friends' favorite team does well.  Used to follow and play hockey growing up in Chicago and it's always cool to see a Texas franchise do well.  Please beat the fuck out Vegas.  Hockey belongs everywhere except Nevada.  That just seems wrong all around.  Best of luck to y'all, look forward to watching as many minutes as I can with my oldest, maybe even try to make a game under the guise of "going to see your Aunt in Fort Worth."

But for realz---where in Austin do Stars fans get together to watch?  Would love to have an excuse to watch a full game after work without somebody asking me to explain Icing.  Mainly 'cause I still don't know.  

To the Stanley Cup Finals!  Go Stars! 

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

East is weird. The champ will come out of the West. And no, a 92-point winner with shit goaltending is not better than Seattle and certainly not fucking Vegas. 

You do know that Bobrovsky is a two-time Vezina winner, right? He's got a .918 save percentage against Boston/Toronto in this playoff. It was .943 in five games against Toronto.

The East was deeper than the West this season. And, yeah, I'll take what Florida is throwing down vs second-year Seattle, based off past performance, current form and current roster.

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Not a Stars fan per se but like it when friends' favorite team does well.  Used to follow and play hockey growing up in Chicago and it's always cool to see a Texas franchise do well.  Please beat the fuck out Vegas.  Hockey belongs everywhere except Nevada.  That just seems wrong all around.  Best of luck to y'all, look forward to watching as many minutes as I can with my oldest, maybe even try to make a game under the guise of "going to see your Aunt in Fort Worth."

But for realz---where in Austin do Stars fans get together to watch?  Would love to have an excuse to watch a full game after work without somebody asking me to explain Icing.  Mainly 'cause I still don't know.  

To the Stanley Cup Finals!  Go Stars! 

I'm an admin of an Austin Stars group with over 500 members and we have trouble getting 10 people out for a game, people have been gathering at various places like Pluckers Lakeline, Lavaca Street, and the Tavern. Nosh and Bevy and and a few others have been mentioned as well. I generally watch at home as I'm watching my ducats right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

You do know that Bobrovsky is a two-time Vezina winner, right? He's got a .918 save percentage against Boston/Toronto in this playoff. It was .943 in five games against Toronto.

The East was deeper than the West this season. And, yeah, I'll take what Florida is throwing down vs second-year Seattle, based off past performance, current form and current roster.

agreed, but I think their season ends here. I don't see them beating Carolina. They have everything. Florida still needs defense. But I've been wrong with them so far, so who knows?

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

agreed, but I think their season ends here. I don't see them beating Carolina. They have everything. Florida still needs defense. But I've been wrong with them so far, so who knows?

Maybe so. Doesn't change my opinion that the Panthers are better than Seattle today.