Dallas Stars 2023 Playoffs Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

On 5/30/2023 at 12:59 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

It was pretty obvious. Heiskanen looked absolutely lost out there last night. I don't know if he was injured, sick, sick of playing, or what. But was definitely not the same player last night.

Jesus, the man played 30+ minutes a game for 19 playoff games with most of them coming with only 1 day off in between. He was completely out of gas for the last half of that round. His game 5 solid performance must have been off sheer will alone. He played more minutes than anyone in the playoffs. 

Otter played more games than any goalie in the league. Wedgewood's injuries and PDB not having confidence in Matt Murray led to overuse of Otter in his first full season as an NHL starter. He played way too many games this season.

PDB and Nill need to figure out how to not run Heiskanen and Otter into the ground next season. Plan to make a cup run from the beginning. Having a full season of Harley will help a lot and hopefully Lundquist can get his shit together or they can find a useful defensive piece. 

I think they also should tweak the playing style a bit. Early in the season they kept some of the Bones defensive system muscle memory with PDB's push the tempo offensive style. By the last month or so of the season and the playoffs the defense lost it's structure and put up some horrible performances. No team will outscore their way to a cup win. Need to get back to some sound defense with calculated push up the ice to strike like they did before New Years. 

Crazy so many of you talk about the team like it's the Coyotes or something. In the last 4 seasons have  cup finals and conference finals appearances and a lot of young talent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Jesus, the man played 30+ minutes a game for 19 playoff games with most of them coming with only 1 day off in between. He was completely out of gas for the last half of that round. His game 5 solid performance must have been off sheer will alone. He played more minutes than anyone in the playoffs. 

Crazy so many of you talk about the team like it's the Coyotes or something. In the last 4 seasons have  cup finals and conference finals appearances and a lot of young talent. 

uh, everything I said was fact and not a criticism. All I said was that Heiskanen was noticeably bad that night. We know we have a good team. A lot of us have been talking about it for seasons on end - on this site and all its predecessors. Funny, your name doesn't show up in regular season thread. So spare me the castigation and hand-wringing about talking about our players' performances.

9 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

uh, everything I said was fact and not a criticism. All I said was that Heiskanen was noticeably bad that night. We know we have a good team. A lot of us have been talking about it for seasons on end - on this site and all its predecessors. Funny, your name doesn't show up in regular season thread. So spare me the castigation and hand-wringing about talking about our players' performances.

I don't post about the Stars here. I just did this time because the shit getting spewed was laughable. But this is probably the last time I do so no worries