Dallas Stars 2023 Playoffs Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

8 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

We should get an update on pavelski’s status soon?

DeBoer -- or maybe it was Sturm on the radio -- said these are usually a week at minimum the day or two after it happened. Tomorrow night is the one-week mark. I don't think we see Pavs until Game 6 or 7 at the earliest if we see him at all in this series. Better to hope that we slip past the Wild without him and have him for the likely Colorado matchup in Round 2.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, C-Man said:

DeBoer -- or maybe it was Sturm on the radio -- said these are usually a week at minimum the day or two after it happened. Tomorrow night is the one-week mark. I don't think we see Pavs until Game 6 or 7 at the earliest if we see him at all in this series. Better to hope that we slip past the Wild without him and have him for the likely Colorado matchup in Round 2.

And there's an extra day between Game 5 and Game 6.  So it might make sense to save him until Friday.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

And there's an extra day between Game 5 and Game 6.  So it might make sense to save him until Friday.

Ooh, I hadn't realized we weren't playing Thursday night. That's good since the Mrs and I are going to see Goth Babe at The Factory.

1 hour ago, wood said:

LOL. 

Cry some more, Foligno. Take the loss, pussy.

Funny, I don't remember any Stars players crying about getting absolutely fucked by the reffing in this series. What a little bitch.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/wilds-marcus-foligno-rips-nhl-refs-after-game-4-loss-its-joke

That article has the slo-mo on the penalty he took for tripping Marchment near the end of the third (which led to Seguin's goal to put us up 3-1), and it shows it's clearly tripping.  I know Foligno didn't intend to trip him.  But when Marchment sidestepped the hit, the only point of contact was with Marchment's skate, which caused Marchment to go down rather than be able to follow the play.  And that's fucking tripping.

If you're so pissed about it, perhaps don't take a run at a guy when you're already down a goal with less than six minutes left in the third period.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

That article has the slo-mo on the penalty he took for tripping Marchment near the end of the third (which led to Seguin's goal to put us up 3-1), and it shows it's clearly tripping.  I know Foligno didn't intend to trip him.  But when Marchment sidestepped the hit, the only point of contact was with Marchment's skate, which caused Marchment to go down rather than be able to follow the play.  And that's fucking tripping.

If you're so pissed about it, perhaps don't take a run at a guy when you're already down a goal with less than six minutes left in the third period.

Yeah he's a bitch, and intent doesn't factor into tripping calls, either. It's tripping whether you meant to trip them or not. This guy is so transparently working the refs with this bullshit, because he knows getting the refs to let him and the rest of the Wild play ultra-dirty is their only chance to win the series. Every call against them is ticky-tack bs, the Stars are flopping any time they get hit, and all the over-the-top dirty-ass headhunting bullshit they do is just good ol' playoff hockey, yada yada.

Fuck that pos. He's part of the biggest problem with sports these days. I sincerely hope the refs and the NHL see through that shit, because it's pretty fucking obvious. Calling out the refs could work for the Wild, but it could also backfire bigtime. That's one reason imho that you don't hear the Stars players bitching despite getting it in the ass from the refs in this series pretty regularly. And they aren't little pussy-ass bitches.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Well, yeah--that's my point.  He didn't intent to trip Marchment; he intended to launch Marchment into the bench.  But intent aint got nothing to do with it.

Yeah, my bad. I didn't mean for that to sound like I was trying to correct you. It was aimed at him. I understood you. Poor wording.

10 minutes ago, C-Man said:

You should read some of the comments on the story on The Athletic about "crybaby" NHL players. The Wild fans are a bitchy bunch for sure.

playing at Minn reminds me of Texas playing ISU on the road in basketball.  every potential contact is a "foul/boo/bitchfest".

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

You should read some of the comments on the story on The Athletic about "crybaby" NHL players. The Wild fans are a bitchy bunch for sure.

Read that as well. The Wild, via their interviews and team friendly press, are clearly taking a very public position that they are getting screwed.  Which is ridiculous considering the series as a whole has had bad officiating impact both teams.  I just hope the refs aren't buying into this BS on Tues.   I mean if the Wild want to take the position that "bad officiating affects them more due to their special teams disadvantage", well yeah, if we would have gotten the call on the 5 min major or any of the 3-4 other obvious penalties missed in regulation of game 1, what do you think the outcome of that game is given our PP success?   Game 1 and 4 were pretty similar IMO.  In game 1, we didn't get calls but still had plenty of opportunities and couldn't get the puck in the net despite outplaying them overall.   In game 4, they had some untimely borderling calls go against them but they also had a shit ton of odd man rushes and other great chances and just didn't convert.  Both road goaltenders effectively won those 2 games.  The other 2 were pretty much uncompetitive from the start.  Fired up for tomorrow.   I expect a tough game.

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Read that as well. The Wild, via their interviews and team friendly press, are clearly taking a very public position that they are getting screwed.  Which is ridiculous considering the series as a whole has had bad officiating impact both teams.  I just hope the refs aren't buying into this BS on Tues.   I mean if the Wild want to take the position that "bad officiating affects them more due to their special teams disadvantage", well yeah, if we would have gotten the call on the 5 min major or any of the 3-4 other obvious penalties missed in regulation of game 1, what do you think the outcome of that game is given our PP success?   Game 1 and 4 were pretty similar IMO.  In game 1, we didn't get calls but still had plenty of opportunities and couldn't get the puck in the net despite outplaying them overall.   In game 4, they had some untimely borderling calls go against them but they also had a shit ton of odd man rushes and other great chances and just didn't convert.  Both road goaltenders effectively won those 2 games.  The other 2 were pretty much uncompetitive from the start.  Fired up for tomorrow.   I expect a tough game.

neither teams wants to let the other get to the hill. I think Dallas has the horses to overcome a game 5 loss, but I don't think Minny does. if we can get the boot on the throat I think we'll finish it

• Hook 'Em 2

if you look at the clip, Fellini is going headhunting just like Dumba was.  if Marchment doesn't move/jump to avoid he takes the same shoulder to the head Pavs did, except the guy is moving forward this time.

The NHL needs to decide if we are gonna do "ole time hockey" or not.

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

if you look at the clip, Fellini is going headhunting just like Dumba was.  if Marchment doesn't move/jump to avoid he takes the same shoulder to the head Pavs did, except the guy is moving forward this time.

The NHL needs to decide if we are gonna do "ole time hockey" or not.

I'm not even positive that Marchment's stick ever contacts Foligno's face. Looks like he hits Marchment's shoulder and then goes face-first into the boards.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

I'm not even positive that Marchment's stick ever contacts Foligno's face. Looks like he hits Marchment's shoulder and then goes face-first into the boards.

exactly what I saw. his stick might have hit the top of Foligno's helmet, but it's not clear. he checked himself AND wrecked himself

• Hook 'Em 2

LMAO saying Benn doesn't like to get physical. I think he loves it. I've never seen anyone smile as much when fighting as Benn does, NHL or otherwise. IMHO he holds back from being as physical as he would actually like to be. Reaves is just trying to goad him into doing something stupid, which I doubt he'll do.

24 minutes ago, wood said:

LMAO saying Benn doesn't like to get physical. I think he loves it. I've never seen anyone smile as much when fighting as Benn does, NHL or otherwise. IMHO he holds back from being as physical as he would actually like to be. Reaves is just trying to goad him into doing something stupid, which I doubt he'll do.

The difference is that the Stars don't want Benn serving 5-minute fighting majors or getting game misconducts. Reaves brings so little else to the game nobody will notice if he's sent off with half the game to play. Benn is our fucking team captain. Reaves' TOI average is around 9/game.

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The difference is that the Stars don't want Benn serving 5-minute fighting majors or getting game misconducts. Reaves brings so little else to the game nobody will notice if he's sent off with half the game to play. Benn is our fucking team captain. Reaves' TOI average is around 9/game.

Exactly.