Dallas Stars 2023 Playoffs Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

I know it’s two road games but losing them both means you have to win 4 of 5, with only 3 at home.  And the teams seem pretty evenly matched based on the last 4 games going to OT. 

Can’t look at it like that. Don’t try and win “four of five” on Tuesday. Just win Game 3.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Still disgusted by the ending/outcome but that was a fun 24 hours in Vegas.   That arena is great FYI.  Really good pregame atmosphere at NYNY bars right next to stadium (Beerhaus I think). I was pretty surprised it was that high energy for a noon local game.   Then really solid in-game presentation as well.  We didn't go in but the 2 center ice sections had clubs/lounges at the top where it looks like you could still see game (similar to club level at Jerry world). Lots of Stars fans there including 2 others next to us and an entire row 1 back from us (we ended up 3rd row faceoff circle where Stars shoot twice so awesome seats).     A win would have been amazing but wasn't meant to be.   But that's certainly a trip worth doing again, even for a regular season game.  And definitely for March madness, etc. in the future if we get sent there.

Stars.jpg

Edited by Skipper
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Game 2 report card. Miro was better but he's gonna have to be better than this. I have to admit I didn't have Smith outplaying Oettinger on my WCF bingo card. I know the saying in the NBA that a series doesn't begin until somebody wins a road game but holding out hope this is the situation here. I expect the Stars to come out with their hair on fire tomorrow night. They'd better.

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 9.37.14 AM.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Game 2 report card. Miro was better but he's gonna have to be better than this. I have to admit I didn't have Smith outplaying Oettinger on my WCF bingo card. I know the saying in the NBA that a series doesn't begin until somebody wins a road game but holding out hope this is the situation here. I expect the Stars to come out with their hair on fire tomorrow night. They'd better.

Screenshot2023-05-22at9_37_14AM.png.d32d46466a83b07e213b1a81911cdbd9.png
I'm surprised to see Suter anywhere near the middle on that chart.

1 hour ago, vtaenz said:
5 hours ago, C-Man said:

he makes fewer mistakes than we as fans claim, but it's the gravity of those mistakes that matter

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

Hill?

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, him too! :)

that's just it. I think it's less Otter and more the skaters in front of him. I don't know if it's nerves or what but we seem to have one or two REALLY egregious brain farts every game now. We were so sound heading into the playoffs and to some degree pretty consistently against Minny. but the two series so far since have looked like we're a team that barely made the playoffs, not the one that lead the western conference for 80% of the season. Suter isn't THE problem, but him having a bad game and no one stepping up to compensate is the problem. We should have been ahead 3 or 4 to 1. It shouldn't have come down to one goal at the end. I watched the Stars skaters pretty carefully (and soberly this time - had work to get back to after the game) and some players just look fucking lost out there. Marchment in particular. I don't give a fuck if a rough play wasn't called a penalty - get the fuck back to the play because they're on the other end getting scoring chances against us. I can't believe DeBoer puts up with that shit. Vegas is clearly not interested in loading up our power play, so they're going to skirt every boundary and get as rough as they can without taking a minor. Fucking deal with it or give up your spot for someone willing to fucking play.

A bunch of people need to step up and play better. We've done it before, we can do it again. Hopefully being at home is the salve we need and we start dominating them - like we should.

tl;dr version: it's not Otter OR Suter.

11 hours ago, C-Man said:

Kivi was defending his ass off 

7 hours ago, vtaenz said:
11 hours ago, C-Man said:

benn and seguin

Sad The Wonder Years GIF by ABC Network

Doubt anyone on the fence at this point but ticket prices very reasonable considering it's the conference finals (not surprising since we're down 2-0 - Dallas is such a bandwagon town).   I'm taking a night off after Vegas trip but will probably regret it once the puck drops.    Grab this game and we're right back in it.  LFG