Dallas Stars 2023 Playoffs Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Shutout at home and booed off the ice in a must-win Game 3 in the Western Conference Finals. The lads should be proud of themselves.

Not absolving the other 18 guys on the ice but the goalie put them in a huge hole 8 minutes into the game (along with their meat head captain). 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Shutout at home and booed off the ice in a must-win Game 3 in the Western Conference Finals. The lads should be proud of themselves.

wtf was DeBoer doing fucking with the lineup tonight? two OT away games in the conference finals and he thinks the best move is blow it all up? The only thing he should have been working on was breakouts.

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Benn better not be a pussy like Suter post-game.  He better eat this shit.

I've never seen a post game where he goes that route but... we'll see.

I honestly am more pissed at the response than Benn.   Benn had an absolutely unacceptable meat-head moment that fucked his team.   But how did the rest of the team respond down 2-0 in the series and 2-0 in the game with 50 mins of hockey left to play?  Just fucking crumbled and played like bitches.  Just ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

I honestly am more pissed at the response than Benn.   Benn had an absolutely unacceptable meat-head moment that fucked his team.   But how did the rest of the team respond down 2-0 in the series and 2-0 in the game with 50 mins of hockey left to play?  Just fucking crumbled and played like bitches.  Just ridiculous.

I felt like Miro gave a fuck.

So did Glendening but Deboers decided to scratch him for this game.

9 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

wtf was DeBoer doing fucking with the lineup tonight? two OT away games in the conference finals and he thinks the best move is blow it all up? The only thing he should have been working on was breakouts.

I've never seen a post game where he goes that route but... we'll see.

I think he flipped Kiviranta and Marchment on their lines, right? 25 was spectacular in Game 2 — maybe that was it. Glendenning has been battling something. Was Dellandrea in/Gledenning out the only forward change as far as personnel? Hakkanpaa for Miller was the only change on defense.

This. Show some fucking balls. Don’t roll over and fucking just give up.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Skipper said:

Benn has to face the music there.  That is just unbelievable.  No way he should be Captain next year.

Is it his choice or the coach's or whoever the org hires for PR? Benn is soft spoken in front of cameras but apparently says what needs to be said when it matters.

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Benn didn't speak to media.  Can't make that shit up.  Unbelievable.

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Benn has to face the music there.  That is just unbelievable.  No way he should be Captain next year.

Agreed. That is chicken-shit.

Robertson is looking more and more like he’s a regular season stud/postseason dud.

1 minute ago, vtaenz said:

Is it his choice or the coach's or whoever the org hires for PR? Benn is soft spoken in front of cameras but apparently says what needs to be said when it matters.

No PR guy is going to keep Benn — or any team captain — from talking to the media after something like that goes down if Jamie wants to say something. If it’s DeBoer’s call, he makes damn sure to say exactly that during his availability to cover for his player. But it looks like he just bailed and I can’t believe that from Jamie. I never would’ve guessed he’d shirk this.

Fuck that.  This isn't a regular season game.   He apparently walked right past the media.  That's his decision and it's weak as hell. Step up and take some fucking ownership for what happened tonight.   Maybe it doesn't make a shit for purposes of what happens on the ice Thurs but an horrible look.  He's going to get ripped to shreds for it tomorrow and rightly so.  Dude must not give a F about his legacy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Fuck that.  This isn't a regular season game.   He apparently walked right past the media.  That's his decision and it's weak as hell. Step up and take some fucking ownership for what happened tonight.   Maybe it doesn't make a shit for purposes of what happens on the ice Thurs but an horrible look.  He's going to get ripped to shreds for it tomorrow and rightly so.  Dude must not give a F about his legacy.

Take a breath.

When has Benn ever bowed out like a cuck? If anything he fucking loses it at times (see tonight). If he didn't answer questions tonight who fucking cares, he played what, one shift? What the fuck was he going to contribute about tonight's loss? 

Who's going to rip him to shreds tomorrow? Subban? Cool. 

DeBoers needs to put the team from games 1 and 2 back out there and move forward and work on the breakout during tomorrow's practice. 

Top line needs to put up points, another d-man needs to elevate their game past 3rd line, Miro can't carry the backend for 4 straight wins.

Take a breath.

When has Benn ever bowed out like a cuck? If anything he fucking loses it at times (see tonight). If he didn't answer questions tonight who fucking cares, he played what, one shift? What the fuck was he going to contribute about tonight's loss? 

DeBoers needs to put the team from games 1 and 2 back out there and move forward and work on the breakout during tomorrow's practice. 

Top line needs to put up points, another d-man needs to elevate their game past 3rd line, Miro can't carry the backend for 4 straight wins.

Wrong. He was the story of the night, for better or worse. His stupid penalty gave Vegas a 5-minute PP when it already had a 1-0 lead. They gave up a goal to go down 2-0 after nearly four minutes of excellent penalty killing and then it’s 3-0 about 30 secs later. And the team captain is in the locker room, booted from the game. He HAS to talk afterward. It’s what hockey captains do.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, vtaenz said:

Take a breath.

I feel like you are high.   Did you not see the shit Suter got for a sarcastic response to his mistake post-game?  Benn's fuckup was way worse considering it wasn't just a fuckup, it was a brain dead intentional play to dig his team a massive hole.  And he's the fucking Captain.  Nobody gives a shit what Subban says, but Benn going to rightly get ripped locally. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Y'all are arguing with a guy that has now used the word 'cuck' twice, & thought Jamie's play was a 2-minute minor. 

That’s a good point. Cowlishaw and Mac are going to rip him to shreds tomorrow. Makes me wish Galloway was still in the game — I’d love to see what he’d write about it.

All Benn has to do is say, “I made a horrific mistake in the heat of the moment and let my teammates down big time. I’ve already talked to the team and apologized and promised to not let them down like that again. I hope I get the chance to make up for it Thursday night.”

Boom. Done. Over.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

That’s a good point. Cowlishaw and Mac are going to rip him to shreds tomorrow. Makes me wish Galloway was still in the game — I

I can’t think of 3 sports writers I’d care less to read about on their hockey opinions. 😂 Mac Engel and Randy Galloway. Holy shit. 

that being said Benn was a complete idiot during the game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Fuck, maybe some of you are too sensitive for this sport yeah?

12 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Y'all are arguing with a guy that has now used the word 'cuck' twice, & thought Jamie's play was a 2-minute minor. 

you sound soft

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I don't call other dudes 'cucks', you do you. 

Also, I was around for all 82 this season. Take the rest of tonight off. 

listen the irony of blowing money on alcohol and not on bally sports to watch stars games for the regular season isn't lost on me. If YouTubeTV still had FSSW instead of raising prices every year then I would have been on the regular season thread all season, like previous season threads and on this and the previous board.

Edited by vtaenz

7 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I can’t think of 3 sports writers I’d care less to read about on their hockey opinions. 😂 Mac Engel and Randy Galloway. Holy shit. 

that being said Benn was a complete idiot during the game. 

Just guessing who would probably be writing the column for the DMN and FWST. Guess it might be Sherrington instead of Cowlishaw. I don’t really see the papers very much any more. Saad will not be kind in The Athletic — I’ll read that one.

Galloway was terrific. Loved that man but felt Gil LeBreton was always a better writer/columnist IMO.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Just guessing who would probably be writing the column for the DMN and FWST. Guess it might be Sherrington instead of Cowlishaw. I don’t really see the papers very much any more. Saad will not be kind in The Athletic — I’ll read that one.

Galloway was terrific. Loved that man but felt Gil LeBreton was always a better writer/columnist IMO.

I think Mac/Galloway/Colishaw still think RBI’s are the most important stat in baseball and big hits are the most important stat in hockey. Never seen them implement even basic analytics or advanced stats into their HSO’s. 

Your Dallas Stars have just run into a very good team. I said from day one of the playoffs on this board that this Dallas squad isn't a Cup contender. Vegas is simply superior....and I hate saying that as I can't stand the Knights. 

Having said that, I'd be embarrassed as hell by the display of the fans tonight. All those empty seats in the third period? Throwing crap on the ice?  Really? The sudden decrease in ticket prices on Ticketmaster in the last few hours? 

A sad display by the entire organization today. Feel bad for Pavelski. Dude deserves a Cup. 

Edited by Sweetnsourpoke

2 minutes ago, Sweetnsourpoke said:

Your Dallas Stars have just run into a very good team. I said from day one of the playoffs on this board that this Dallas squad isn't a Cup contender. Vegas is simply superior....and I hate saying that as I can't stand the Knights. 

Having said that, I'd be embarrassed as hell by the display of the fans tonight. All those empty seats in the third period? Throwing crap on the ice?  Really? The sudden decrease in ticket prices on Ticketmaster in the last few hours? 

A sad display by the entire organization today. Feel bad for Pavelski. Dude deserves a Cup. 

Tonight was pathetic all the way around but this is a team that reached the conference finals. There are four teams left. Our goalie has been unexpectedly shitty during the playoffs, which is not expected after last year's Calgary series performance and how he played during the regular season this year. Plus, we probably deserved one of the two games just played in Vegas. Our blue-line needs serious tweaking for sure. Vegas might be the better team but the difference isn't that great.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, C-Man said:

That’s a good point. Cowlishaw and Mac are going to rip him to shreds tomorrow. Makes me wish Galloway was still in the game — I’d love to see what he’d write about it.

Galloway's column would be about Jerry Jones.

The next day and I still can't get over Benn's actions... rewatching in slow-mo or realtime doesn't matter, it's just brain dead awful. Not that it matters any more, but the league is going to give him 3 games for it and I can't argue with it. Such a sour note to likely end the season on.

I was actually really impressed with how Vegas responded to that cheap shot. Typically, someone cheap shots your team captain, you come out swinging. Heck, in today's game, guys want to fight....er, wrestle....after clean hits. 

But Vegas remained composed, played their game and watched Dallas completely implode. 

Embarrassing night for the organization. 

Edited by Sweetnsourpoke
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

The next day and I still can't get over Benn's actions... rewatching in slow-mo or realtime doesn't matter, it's just brain dead awful. Not that it matters any more, but the league is going to give him 3 games for it and I can't argue with it. Such a sour note to likely end the season on.

Same.   It's one thing if it happened with 5 minutes to go in the game where the reality of going down 3-0 is setting in and he just lost his mind for a moment.  But it was like 2 minutes into the game down 1 goal.   I mean Vegas was down 1 goal early both games at home and didn't flinch.  For Benn of all people with all the playoff experience he has to do that is just unbelievable to me.

Benn has done a ton of great things for this organization but nobody will ever forget what happened last night and not showing up to face the music is chicken shit.

Also, it doesn't excuse the absolute garbage fan behavior but I heard from someone at the game that the arena did not show any replays of the Benn play or really any of the other calls.   So in arena they were convinced refs were f'n them if you didn't pull up video on your phone.  No excuse for throwing shit but that's a play worthy of putting up on the jumbotron so your fans know WTF is going on.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

37 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Also, it doesn't excuse the absolute garbage fan behavior but I heard from someone at the game that the arena did not show any replays of the Benn play or really any of the other calls.   So in arena they were convinced refs were f'n them if you didn't pull up video on your phone.  No excuse for throwing shit but that's a play worthy of putting up on the jumbotron so your fans know WTF is going on.

Several fans in the comments of the game article on the Athletic are saying the exact same thing.  Is it a leaguewide policy not to show penalty replays?

My son had a band concert last night, so I mercifully didn't get to watch a minute of that abortion.  

Never been so fucking happy that my son is a band nerd.*

* He's also a soccer nerd who scored the GWG in the Austin Super Cup Saturday.  #notsohumblebrag

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Well I think we found a deficiency in that metric. Taking a 5 minute makornand being sent off for the last 53 minutes of the game doesn’t register as a major negative impact. Guess you need to be on the ice. 

Not to pick nits but Benn missed the final 58:07 of last night’s game.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Razor on with the Musers thinks Oettinger was perhaps ridden too hard during the regular season and is now playing poorly due to fatigue.

I've been thinking the same.  Our awful defense (see goal #1 last night, goal #2 Sunday) has not been doing him favors the last 2 series but he hasn't been covering up those mistakes with huge saves like we have seen him do.  He's young, and yes, was way overworked down the stretch unfortunately.  In some ways it's impressive we made it this far with inconsistent/poor play from some of our better players throughout the playoffs. 

10 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Man... just not a good look....

Probably not conciliatory enough, or apologetic to his teammates, but at least it's something. He should've done it last fucking night, though.

Part of what he's saying today is probably couched a bit so it isn't used against him in his hearing this afternoon as he tries to remain eligible to play tomorrow night.