Dallas Stars 2023 Playoffs Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

12 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Ben Lovejoy would like to have word. He already offered to donate his brain to science. He's pretty front and center from the players' side on the seriousness of CTE

I'm more referring to the league enforcing stricter penalties for contact to the head and taking concussion protocols more seriously. 

The NHL isn't exactly progressive, though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I was on the fence and leaning towards going but fell into a ticket so that sealed it.  Will do what I can to reverse the series momentum.

Seems like a good time to go take a gigantic steaming shit in Dumba's locker.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mbtex said:

The skilled players were protected in Old Time Hockey. Each team had its goon to make sure nothing happened to them. 

Goons have been virtually skated/skilled out of hockey by this point — and the game is better for it.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Goons have been virtually skated/skilled out of hockey by this point — and the game is better for it.

Yep. It is better for it. The problem is that now you still have incidents like this where a huge goon targets a much smaller offensive star with obvious intent to injure and take him out, and gets nothing more than a slap on the wrist. In the absence of a goon to go break Dumba's leg, tougher rules are needed.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, wood said:

Yep. It is better for it. The problem is that now you still have incidents like this where a huge goon targets a much smaller offensive star with obvious intent to injure and take him out, and gets nothing more than a slap on the wrist. In the absence of a goon to go break Dumba's leg, tougher rules are needed.

Correct. It’s going to take rules and enforcement at this point. Nobody is in the league now without some talent or ability. There were guys in the 70s/80s that could barely play hockey but could fight on skates. That, thankfully, is gone.

• Hook 'Em 1

Keep this lead into the third and can take some runs at Dumba

I don’t like this. I feel like winning the series is more important at this point. Wait until game 35 in the regular season and get that ass. No need taking the chance of suspension or injury from them answering with more BS.
  • Hook 'Em 2