Dallas Stars 2023 Playoffs Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

10 minutes ago, Skipper said:

That was fun last night.  Playoff hockey in person is the best.

Totally! It was my first in person game of the season and I picked a good one. I actually picked up a single ticket in a Flagship Suite for relatively cheap. I had to hang with a bunch of people that I did not know, but they were willing to get rowdy and celebrate goals with me. 

Great night. Playoff hockey is special. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Totally! It was my first in person game of the season and I picked a good one. I actually picked up a single ticket in a Flagship Suite for relatively cheap. I had to hang with a bunch of people that I did not know, but they were willing to get rowdy and celebrate goals with me. 

Great night. Playoff hockey is special. 

I was in a suite also with only a handful of people I knew (and not that well).  But the price was right both for the ticket and the beers/food.   Only expense of the night was $10 parking at the Crescent (short walk and easy in/out).  It was a nice little Weds!   I kept tabs and ticket market definitely picked back up a bit last night after cratering Monday.   I'll likely be buying with friends for Game 5.  As long as we win a game (or 2) it probably bumps up a bit higher.

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

I was in a suite also with only a handful of people I knew (and not that well).  But the price was right both for the ticket and the beers/food.   Only expense of the night was $10 parking at the Crescent (short walk and easy in/out).  It was a nice little Weds!   I kept tabs and ticket market definitely picked back up a bit last night after cratering Monday.   I'll likely be buying with friends for Game 5.  As long as we win a game (or 2) it probably bumps up a bit higher.

Yeah I might have to invent a meeting or some excuse to come back up for game 5. 

the game to watch tonight is tampa @ toronto game 2

the hockey hall of fame is in toronto

no city in the nhl has more support and yet has choked in the playoffs dozens of times

their last win and last appearance in the finals was the last year of the original 6, the '66-'67 season

down 0-1 this their annual agincourt

they dominate in the regular season and are top 5 in the east year after year

and they die in the playoffs like fucking clockwork

they have lost in the first round in each of the last 6 seasons

prior to that they missed 7 playoffs in a row

from their last win '67 up through '04 they qualified 2 out of 3 years and more often than not won a series and even made the conference finals in '93, '94, '99 and '02

but no stanley finals in 56 years

for comparison the cows are only 27 years in to their superbowl drought

22 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the game to watch tonight is tampa @ toronto game 2

the hockey hall of fame is in toronto

no city in the nhl has more support and yet has choked in the playoffs dozens of times

their last win and last appearance in the finals was the last year of the original 6, the '66-'67 season

down 0-1 this their annual agincourt

they dominate in the regular season and are top 5 in the east year after year

and they die in the playoffs like fucking clockwork

they have lost in the first round in each of the last 6 seasons

prior to that they missed 7 playoffs in a row

from their last win '67 up through '04 they qualified 2 out of 3 years and more often than not won a series and even made the conference finals in '93, '94, '99 and '02

but no stanley finals in 56 years

for comparison the cows are only 27 years in to their superbowl drought

Toronto is the Cleveland Browns of the NHL

On 4/20/2023 at 1:51 PM, vtaenz said:

Also, seeing Kevin Hatcher on that list... like what?

He was great for us. He was our only scoring threat in the 1995 playoffs against Detroit. Even better, we traded him for Sergei Zubov on draft day in 1996. Mario Lemieux pushed for him because Zubov wouldn't shoot the puck on the power play, and Mario wanted his rebound goals, so he personally pushed for Hatcher. 

Great deal for us!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

Dumba just continues to play dirty and get away with it

Late push into the boards and then bitches saying the stars player embellished? Then three Wild players punching one stars player into the boards and the ref between doing fuck all.

Jesus we need to have an enforcer to take this fucking bitch out because they aren't going to fucking call a single dirty play a penelty