Presti At It Again - OKC Thunder All-Inclusive Thread

BurntOrangeBlooded15

I’ve done a yearly OKC post in the past with some people that follow em like me but I figured it’d be easier to just have one rolling instead. 

Year 4 of the post Russ era rebuild ends with a play-in birth, a 31 ppg scorer in SGA, an emergence of some of latest first round picks in Giddey and Williams and a roster with 14 players under 25 and 15 first round picks going forward. 

Hoping the off-season brings some excitement.  Chet being back will raise the level of play along with another top 12 pick.  Possible move arounds in the draft,  maybe the trading of some picks for pieces.  

Let’s see what Presti has up his sleeve. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Count me in as looking forward to the off season and next year. What a fun team to follow this year. The Williams picks were great. 

My major frustration this season was the lack of crowd support. Dead last in the league in attendance. Went to a lot of games this year and some you would have thought we were experiencing an ice storm outside. Oklahoma City is such a mediocre sports town. Drives me nuts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SilasCoade said:

^ berth

Chet probably not going to be ready at the start of the season, right? A big guy with that foot injury needs to not be rushed back.

There were reports about Chet possibly getting run if OKC were to make a deep run so I’d think he’d be back.  July will be the year mark. 

56 minutes ago, Sweetnsourpoke said:

Count me in as looking forward to the off season and next year. What a fun team to follow this year. The Williams picks were great. 

My major frustration this season was the lack of crowd support. Dead last in the league in attendance. Went to a lot of games this year and some you would have thought we were experiencing an ice storm outside. Oklahoma City is such a mediocre sports town. Drives me nuts. 

Kinda surprises me that it was that way. It’s as close to what the KD-Russ era felt like since KD left.  Being built the same way if you ask me.   SGA-Chet are your KD-Russ.  Williams is Harden.  Dort is Roberson/Sefalosha.  Plus now you have the hindsight of watching it through once.  

I’ll be curious if it’s this or next summer that Presti uses the treasure trunk of picks to make a splash.  I wouldn’t hate moving up in the draft to grab Miller.  

• 4 weeks later...

OKC gets pick 12.  Early mock drafts have a few different options 

Cason Wallace - 6’4 195 lb guard from Kentucky - 11/3/4 last year for the Wildcats 

Jordan Hawkins - 6’5 195 lb guard from UConn - 16/4/1 last year for the Huskies 

Keyonte George - 6’4 185 lb guard from Baylor - 15/4/2 last year for the Bears

I’ll be curious what they do.  Could trade up or down as well.  I hope that if Miller were to get past 3-4 that OKC makes a move up.  I really like Whitmore too.  Grady Dick is another intriguing guy because of his shooting ability.  Would be a good spot up guy with SGA and Giddey.  

• 1 month later...